5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant remaster, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (2012 Digitally Re-Mastered Edition) (MP3 Download)
I have the original double album from 1971 which I think is great. Over the years I have listened to a few different versions of Superstar, but to my mind they never sound as good. This remastered version of the original is fantastic with great sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Superstar By Far, 21 July 2012
In common with other reviewers, I've heard many different versions of this musical, and have to agree that this is the best. My brother had a cassette tape of this version which I borrowed and wore out. Think that must have been about 35 years ago. The casting is superb, an eclectic blend of styles which combine to form something perfect. So delighted this version has been re-released so I can re-live the times when I was a teenager digging his first "rock" album. Whilst watching the current TV show with my wife, I have struggled to pick a potential winner, mainly because everyone gets compared to Gillan's Jesus, and therefore they all fall short by some distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars stage version, 23 April 2014
Bought this by mistake while looking for the fim version. Although the remastering improves the sound, my preferred version is the original film so I don't enjoy this as much. I did see the original stage show and find this doesn't capture the 'in house atmosphere' that made the stage show so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superstar, 13 Sep 2013
Mr. John A. Ferguson "JFerg" (Northumberland UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent way to receive music. The quality of the recording was of the highest standard and i would recommend purchase if you are interested in this musical. V v v

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's classic, 22 July 2013
Amazing album gillan at his best just a pity Gary glitter is on it (paul raven) hate ti think he may get royalties from it

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie,But goldie., 30 Jan 2013
I'm not a fan of lloyd-webber/rice, But this album is superb, I still have this on vinyl but decided to plump for the mp3 version, Glad I did. The musicianship and vocals are way above the artists of today. -FACT.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALW at his best, 14 Jan 2013
I don't know much about many other musicals but I have loved this album since I first heard it in the 70's. I watched the stage version at the Palace theatre back in the day and this evokes so many memories of an amazingly powerful show.

Jesus Christ Superstar (2012 Digitally Re-Mastered Edition)
Jesus Christ Superstar (2012 Digitally Re-Mastered Edition) by Jesus Christ Superstar - The Original Studio Cast
Buy MP3 Album10.49