5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact charger at a great price
Published 9 months ago by Penfold

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable...
Ignore the battery charge levels. They don't give an idea of the charge. They appear to show a full charge after just an hour but if you use batteries at this stage then they drain incredibly quickly (2600 mAh batteries as well). Charges well and the batteries don't pop out as another reviewer mentioned. Easy to pop them in and out. Bright blue display is annoying.
Published 4 days ago by Mr H M Cordy-McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact charger at a great price, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
I had purchaced some Lloytron slow 200mAh wall socket chargers as I'd rather not have chargers all over the floor/worktops but they were taking 24 hrs+ to charge 2900MAh batteries and they were just a bit too big to fit two next to each other in a double switched wall socket. So I bit the bullet and purchased this 8-way charger instead. I am so glad I did, it is only the same size as a large smartphone (obviously 2-3 times higher) but very compact and at up to 2000mah for single cell charging (a couple of hours for a single 2900mAh) down to 500mAh for all 8 (about 6 hours for all 8) and much quicker if only partially depleted/topping up. Single cell charging and easy to understand backlit displays make this wonderful. This has been a lifesaver for my camera flashes and triggers. And whilst I'm sure that 1 hour rapid chargers are very useful, I'm not keen on charging past the golden '1C' rate for which this is ideal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, 2 Feb 2014
Henry M. Murphy (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
I like this little charger and am considering buying another. I like the fact that the led's show the individual batteries charging. The battery chargers I'd been using before just had a red and green light so I never new how much charge they had in and how likely they would be in the charger for. Also, my previous chargers would only allow me to charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time. This one chargers batteries individually so as the batteries show they are charged, I can remove and replace with other batteries. On a photo shoot, I may take up to 6 flash guns requiring 4 x AA batteries each. For the 6 pocket wizards, I'll need 2 batteries each making a total of 36 AA batteries. That is before I include spares. So being able to charge 8 batteries at a time is really useful. Should I purchase a 16 cell charger? No. Why not? If it fails, I'm stuck. If I purchase 2 of these, in the unlikely event 1 fails, I still have the other to charge my batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars The small stuff, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
Only had this charger for a few days, but I’m happy with it so far.

Other reviews have talked about the actual charger itself (single cell charging, display etc.) so I will leave those comments aside (good as they are), but there are a couple of minor things that also impressed me.

Firstly it’s got a UK plug. Not one of those fudged euro things with an adapter that sticks out at funny angles but a proper UK plug about the size of a phone charger with a decent length of cable, and the name Vapex printed on it so you can easily find it amongst all the other adapters you have, brilliant.

Secondly it came in one of those plastic sealed packets that normally involve a knife, swearing and A&E. But Vapextech have helpfully put this charger in a packet that has an easy to rip open section on the back. Take note other manufactures, this is how to package your goods.

Well done Vapextech. Five stars for thinking your product through completely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
Once I figured out how to charge AAA batteries I was really impressed. The visible display is brilliant and tells you exactly how much charge and when the batteries are on full charge

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
Purchased to charge 2900mah nimh batteries. Works perfectly and will be ordering another. Love the blue backlit lcd display and the fact you can see the charge level of each cell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Feb 2014
Janis Hedley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
This is great, you can see how the batteries are charging and can use it for one or all 8. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
crazy good charger for the money.. ill let other reviewers explain why but i am very happy with my charger

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought two, 21 Aug 2013
Arrived super quick.

I load it up and go to bed and in the morning I have 16 charged batteries ready for my SB800's. I used to have a fast charger which WAS quick but you had to stand over it because it was so quick.

As I say, just load them the night before and all done!

Good quality and LED readout is a nice feature

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal From Vapextech, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
Great Charger - Great Price - Works very well and is very easy to use - It's ideal for charging my transmitter batteries - Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 1 July 2014
Nik Harris (Nuneaton, Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell (Electronics)
My dad uses this week in week out for charging up batteries for his job. He has no complaints and it is reliable.

Fast delivery and a great price

Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell