5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy
this really good for the price the picture is excellent quality,the only bad thing is the position of the suction cap,it gets in the way of the viewing slightly
Published 13 months ago by gracelander

2.0 out of 5 stars The device was been only a partial success
Published 18 months ago by T. Price

2.0 out of 5 stars The device was been only a partial success, 31 May 2013
T. Price (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2.7 Inch rotatable Screen Dual Camera Car DVR with GPS Logger and GPS Sensor night vision SC310 (Electronics)
The device will fit the windscreen without problems but only if the window is at right angles. The specs state that there is a GPS sensor and G shock sensor fitted. I have spent many hours reading, loading and playing with this bit of equipment. I have even been in contact with the manufacturer 3 times. They did contact me with a better manual however, the, nothing will activate the GPS. It only picks up on China and nothing will reset it. Not even Google Maps.

The two lenses can be rotated or switched to just use the front facing lens. The only other problem has been that the class 10, 32GB micro SD card has to be removed every weeks and formatted because it doesn't record over previous recording as is stated. Hence 2/5

1.0 out of 5 stars OK but Flawed (& now broke), 14 Oct 2012
1. The suction mounting bracket. This is a design flaw in that there is no positioning on the windscreen possible where the bracket does not get in view of the front facing camera. The bracket mounting hole is centrally placed on the unit, but this means that the front facing camera always picks up the bracket. The hole should be offset to the left on the side of the rear facing camera (which points the other way anyway and so will not be affected).
2. There is no USB connection for this unit. I kind of assumed there would be (my own fault for not doing my homework) as these days, what unit which is designed to interface with a PC doesn't have one or some other way to transfer files?
3. File transfer. To get recordings onto your PC, you have to physically remove the micro SD card from the unit and insert this into your PC. I would much prefer to download it directly from the unit via a USB port as moving the micro SD card in and out is fiddly at best. You wouldn't want or expect to do this with your mobile phone would you every time you wanted to view pictures or video?
4. Most PCs do not have a micro SD card reader and so a full size SD adapter card is essential. Not all micro SD cards come with an adapter, so make sure you get one from somewhere as there is no other way to get at your recordings.
5. The manual is in `Chinenglish' and not very helpful IMHO.
6. The method of extraction of the video files is a bit `clunky'.
I was expecting the recordings to be a series of AVI files on the card but instead all you find is a single executable called JPlayer.exe. Running this allows you to view the individual files and the Google Maps route view using the GPS data.
You can then export the video to AVI files so that you can share these and view on a PC with Media Player or similar. Note that this export is the video (front and rear camera views) only. One thing I cannot see a way of exporting or otherwise accessing without the JPlayer is the Google Maps view, which would be potentially useful to be able to share as this shows movement, direction and speed/info etc. Not a deal breaker for me though.

It was touch and go, as if I'd have known what I know now, I would not have bought this, and I was in two minds as to whether I was going to return this on the basis of the above. However, You can just about get away with the annoying loss of video in the left corner of the screen due to the bracket being in the way and I do have a couple of SD card adapters floating around by chance. It does still record the pertinent details and the quality of the video and still images is good once you can get at them. I am therefore looking at sourcing another bracket or other mounting method to see if I can make life easier and to try and live with these flaws.

Update: After getting blurred images from the front camera, I discovered the cause, The front camera lens has come away from its housing and is now useless after about 9 months. Reduced rating accordingly.
Update#2 4/7/13: I have repeatedly tried to contact the seller to obtain sale of good act / warranty repair or replacement and the seller will not respond to me or Amazon. Don't buy if you think you may need any customer service or warranty. Will keep you posted.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 22 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My brother loved opening this on his birthday., 24 May 2014
DarkPriest7 (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
My brother had been looking at car cameras for a good few weeks before I bought this one. It was one that he had mentioned and so I trusted his judgement and without him of course know went for this.
He's already tested it out, the night vision is apparently exactly like a scene out of Paranormal activity.
The screen automatically turns off after a certain amount of time so that it doesn't blare in your eyes and apparently you forget it's even there after a while. Bad Drivers beware with this then ;).
So as far as I can tell from my brother this is was a brilliant buy and he's absolutely loving it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars In-car journey video monitor, 4 Jun 2014
This product was excellent at a very reasonable price. It was provided promptly, and came with everything necessary except I had to purchase a small 32GB memory card, but that was conveniently advertised at the time, so no hidden extras. It is easy to use, and came with a good quality adaptable windscreen mount. The image is top quality and the playback process is easy to control. The small leaflet that came with it was not up to scratch, in that it used small icons which were illegible and so left the user guessing a bit, but I muddled through and made it in the end. I had tried another, cheaper product and had to send it back because it wasn't sufficiently wide-angle. This is great! It records sound, photographs backwards (if you want) and forwards, GPS which shows your position on a map dynamically during replay - excellent - and shows the vibration G levels that the unit was subject to during the journey. All in all, I recommend it fully. I am very satisfied. Go ahead and buy it! You'll be happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy cam, 20 Jan 2014
Would give 5✴ If you had the option to leave the screen on ? But easy to use, Instructions are poor, in broken English

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap in the Dark, 25 Jan 2014
I got this camera to use in my taxi because it did both inside and out side the car ....The problem i have, and my mate has is that when it gets dark its a waste of space at night ...It will see nothing in your car once it goes dark because the IR Leds do nothing ....Waste of time for my job as a taxi driver on night shift ...Dont buy it if you want to use it at night .......

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 April 2014
This is brilliant value for money and has amazing clarity in the filming. Can store a lot of days filming's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay your money and make your choice., 13 Nov 2014
You get what you pay for, it records video and audio as described, the GPS is flaky in that it takes a little while to establish the GPS co-ordinates. The GPS connection is loose and some times falls out and as stated in another review it doesn't synchronise easily with Google maps although I have seen this work, this may be due to the fact the map always opens on Taipei as a default and can't rationalise this with the UK co-ordinates it is seeing.
The video can only be played through the player provided on the unit which it loads as a .exe file on the memory card to be opened by a windows PC. The video seems to be compiled through this program as I can't see the recorded files on the memory card as separate files with an extension so in view of this it is not easily sent to another party by e-mail, e.g. as evidence of an accident or such.
In conclusion it's an interesting toy but I wouldn't want to rely on it in a court of law.

1.0 out of 5 stars Card slot breaks very quickly, making it useless., 14 Oct 2014
I bought this some months ago and used a 32gb card with it. This meant that I haven't had to take the SD card out for some time, and have taken it out no more than ten times since purchasing the device. I went to put the card back in and it wouldn't go, it keeps springing back out again. So now it's entirely useless. That wasn't the only problem with it:

* The mount point is in a really stupid place. In order for the supplied mount to attach to the screen and hold the device but not get in shot then you need to have the thing upside down and backwards. The video is still the right way up, but the screen is pointing the wrong way.

* The screen lights up for no discernible reason. Maybe it's just found the GPS satellites? This stops being a problem as soon as you've figured out that you need to mount it with the screen facing out of the car.

* It has the facility to lock recordings, this is so that it doesn't automatically overwrite them when the disc space is low. I don't know whether it's because it was upside-down, but the last time I took the card out it was full of locked films that nobody had pressed the lock button for.

* The camera resolution is low. This isn't a surprise - it says it's low in the listing, but in the world of high definition tv it's a surprise to see a video in such low detail, and you can rarely make out registration plates. When someone did something I didn't approve of (cut me up, overtook me because I was observing the 20mph limit, etc) I'd read out their registration plate so I'd have a record. I'd advise you spend a bit extra and get a HD one.

* The GPS logging is not time stamped. This particularly annoyed me as the information is there from the GPS satellites so they could've easily added it, but it comes out as a simple list of locations.