5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon's USB 3.0 Cable: A Critical Review.
Amazon's USB 3.0 Cable: A Critical Review.

I have several usb 3.0 cables since I upgraded my phone to a Note 3.

Believe it or not, the Samsung OEM cable is one of the worst of the bunch.

Of the cables I have, the Amazon is a very, very good cable when considering build quality and price.

1. CTI (tie)
1. Cable Matters...
Published 1 month ago by Andre Lawrence

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work for me
Published 3 months ago by Jon

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work for me, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m (Personal Computers)
I received this cable and plugged it into my USB 3.0 external HDD drive. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good connection. The HDD (a Samsung D3) was supplied with a very short cable, and I was hoping this would be a direct replacement. While the Samsung cable securely snaps into place at the HDD end, this one loosely plugs into the port and falls out all too easily. The connector seems shorter than the one supplied with the Samsung. Worst of all I couldn't get the computer to detect the drive while using this wire. It seems nicely constructed, but part of the problem is definitely that it's a bit too thick and rigid, and it almost falls out of the port under it's own weight. I am a fan of Amazon Basics items in general, but either I received a defective one, or it needs a design revision. Amazon service was good though and issued a refund without argument.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon's USB 3.0 Cable: A Critical Review., 3 Mar 2014
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Amazon's USB 3.0 Cable: A Critical Review.

I have several usb 3.0 cables since I upgraded my phone to a Note 3.

Believe it or not, the Samsung OEM cable is one of the worst of the bunch.

1. CTI (tie)
1. Cable Matters
3. Amazon Basics
4. Samsung OEM
5. Generic (bargain)

And, at the moment, the price of $5.49 is a very good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 cable for WD Passport, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this so that I don't have to keep getting under the desk to disconnect the cable at work and home when I take the external HDD to and from the office. It works perfectly and is just the right length to have the disk at hand on the desktop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best for Samsung Note 3, 19 Nov 2013
The cable is THICK, very thick. The "micro type B" connector is bulky and after you plug it in the phone(note3) it feels like an improvisation, like is going to come out; the match between the cable's connector and phone's socket is not perfect, need to move the phone around so that the connection is made and the computer detects it. Also as the description says the cable is 1.8m. Normally it wouldnt be a problem, but this cable is soooooo thick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable at a low price, 11 Jun 2013
P. Willis (London) - See all my reviews
I wasn't sure about this cable based on the 'basics' name but it's not a cheapo bit of rubbish, it is a thick well made quality bit of kit. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m, 6 May 2013
I needed one of these cables for a portable hard drive I purchased, as the cable that came with it was too short to reach to my computer. Thankfully, this AmazonBasics cable solves that problem; and it's USB 3.0. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3 Cable, 22 Mar 2014
D. Storm (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Well made cable, thick wire, works as it should. Don't hesitate to buy this if you need a USB 3 cable.

2.0 out of 5 stars May not be suitable for tethered camera operation., 8 Mar 2014
I bought this cable for operating my Nikon D800e in tethered mode from my computer. Sadly it does not reliably maintain connectivity. Some subsequent online searching has revealed that a higher quality product may be necessary for this usage, so my mistake. It is, however, perfectly suitable for use with my external disc drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable, 27 Feb 2014
This cable seems chunkier than other cheaper cables. I'm using it to charge my Sony Xperia Z and have had no problems. I would buy this cable again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basics premium, 13 Feb 2014
That looks like a contradiction, but that's what the specification printed on the cable reads. I don't really know what it means, but I can report that this looks like a quality item, much more substantial and a more useful length than the one included with my new drive. Amazon's "basics" range seems to be well made and good value; this is no exception.

ARRAY(0xa952d9fc)