5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Replacement USB3.0 Cable for WD Drives
Being primarily a desktop user, I was on the lookout for longer USB3.0 cables to use with WD My Passport Ultra drives. The WD drives ship with a 47cm cable, which is ideal for laptop use.

Published 4 months ago by A. Camilleri

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S5 Users, Don't BUY!!
If you are buying this for the Samsung Galaxy S5 don't bother.

I bought this to charge my Samsung Galaxy S5 and although it works it is unreliable. It will charge then disconnect several minutes later and then reconnect, so when transferring data your screwed.
Published 2 months ago by iHardSoWare

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Replacement USB3.0 Cable for WD Drives, 26 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The AmazonBasics 3.0 A-Male to Micro B USB Cable currently come in three sizes (.9m, 1.8m, 2.7m) and are keenly priced. There are cheaper options , yet I have always been very satisfied with the quality of AmazonBasics products. And these cables are no exception.

They feel solid, have a premium look and most of all do the business flawlessly. The gold plated, anti corrosion connectors ensure a solid connection whilst the shielding aids in eliminating interference, thus providing seamless high speed transfer of data.

Highly recommended 5 Star offering from Amazon

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S5 Users, Don't BUY!!, 3 July 2014
If you are buying this for the Samsung Galaxy S5 don't bother.

When you charge the S5 you will charge really slowly even though it is USB 3.0 and it will stop charging when the S5 isn't even full.

Im not sure if this was just mine but I really can't say this is good. The cable is also stiff, it likes to stay at one angle and when you try and move it your phone is either not flat, in an awkward angle or is being dragged by the cable. Its just silly.

I read and heard a lot about this cable and all was good but for me it is a no :'(

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable at a low price, 11 Jun 2013
P. Willis (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m (Personal Computers)
I wasn't sure about this cable based on the 'basics' name but it's not a cheapo bit of rubbish, it is a thick well made quality bit of kit. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 cable for WD Passport, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this so that I don't have to keep getting under the desk to disconnect the cable at work and home when I take the external HDD to and from the office. It works perfectly and is just the right length to have the disk at hand on the desktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m, 6 May 2013
I needed one of these cables for a portable hard drive I purchased, as the cable that came with it was too short to reach to my computer. Thankfully, this AmazonBasics cable solves that problem; and it's USB 3.0. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thicker casing makes it not suitable for all, 20 Aug 2014
D. Long (London, UK) - See all my reviews
While this cable technically works the plastic/rubber casing is thicker than most making it not fit some devices especially if there is a case on it. I have a Spigen case on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the cable will not fit while this is on (not tested if taking it off yet). As this was the main purpose for the cable it is pretty much useless but hopefully I will have more USB3 devices that don't have such a problem with the extra plastic in future.

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work for me, 18 Dec 2013
I received this cable and plugged it into my USB 3.0 external HDD drive. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good connection. The HDD (a Samsung D3) was supplied with a very short cable, and I was hoping this would be a direct replacement. While the Samsung cable securely snaps into place at the HDD end, this one loosely plugs into the port and falls out all too easily. The connector seems shorter than the one supplied with the Samsung. Worst of all I couldn't get the computer to detect the drive while using this wire. It seems nicely constructed, but part of the problem is definitely that it's a bit too thick and rigid, and it almost falls out of the port under it's own weight. I am a fan of Amazon Basics items in general, but either I received a defective one, or it needs a design revision. Amazon service was good though and issued a refund without argument.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Briliant but good value at the price, 15 July 2014
whereas with the original shorter cable that came supplied with my wd elements hdd i was getting transfer speeds of up to 100 mbps with this it seems to choke at 50 tops, still acceptable in my books and far longer than the ones usually supplied packaged with portable hdds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for better, 16 Jun 2014
I recently bought an external Blu-Ray drive for my laptop and it kept dropping connection due to the poor quality USB 3.0 lead supplied with it.
The AmazonBasics lead is top quality and I have had no further problems with the drive!
Perfect item!

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit bulky!, 13 Jun 2014
Cable does the job, but its a bit too thick for its length. Ended up buying a longer, thinner cable because I got so frustrated with it :(