4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone charging from USB port but not from mains charger
Published on 4 July 2013 by Balin

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely CRAP!!! DO NOT BUY!!
This crap arrived today, I used it with an external USB 3.0 HD. The damn thing kept disconnecting then reconnecting my Hard Drive! It would do it intermittently, so whilst I was transferring files or folders the window would close then reappear.
One of the best ways to corrupt your Hard Drive & make useless is to disconnect it whilst transferring data!!
I'm...
Published 25 days ago by M. Samuels

4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone charging from USB port but not from mains charger, 4 July 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable 3 m / 9.8 Feet (Personal Computers)
I bought this extension for an external hard drive which I use with a late 2007 white MacBook that is USB 2.0 only. After running benchmark tests it seems like the transfer speed is not affected and everything works just as fine as with its original 3ft cable. Then I tried extending the factory USB-30pin cable of my iPhone 4s and it charges just fine from the MacBook and iTunes recognizes the device. However, for some reason the mains charger will not charge the iPhone through this cable so that's a bit of a downer because I was looking into ordering another one just for this purpose. It might be the cable length or the fact that it's USB 3. So for people who would buy this to extend their iPhone cable from their mains charger, look elsewhere, maybe try 2m ones! Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 6 Dec. 2013
Mr. S. Trinh - See all my reviews
a lot of these extensions are slow to transmit power or data. but this one is fantastic much faster and better. will be buying these from now on. i used it for my iphone charger. i wanted to extend the cable. this does a fablous job in charging the phone faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and good quality, 6 Jun. 2014
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I had previously purchased a variety of cables from the Amazon Basics brand and had found them to be reliable and usually of better quality than others sold at a similar price and sometimes those of a higher price. Although not always the least expensive, they are superior to the 'budget' products sold by some, far more reliable and fairly priced for the performance they provide.

There aren't many alternatives in this length and there was no hesitation in making the purchase.

Recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable. It's well made. It works., 20 April 2013
The amazon basics cables all seem to be very well made - sturdier than most of the ones you get with products. This is no exception, and apart from that what else is there to say? It works fine and transfer speeds don't seem to suffer from the long cable run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good delivery, good performance, and apparently well made. Too soon to report durability., 17 Sept. 2014
I ordered two because my PC (running linux) and my wife's PC (running windows 7) both have USB3.0 sockets only at the back where there are not at all convenient to use. The cables effectively bring them round to the side or front, with length to spare.

The cables were delivered amazingly fast, and in sensible packaging (only cardboard, and wire ties). They seem to be very solid, much thicker than the 12inch cable that came with my WD portable USB3 hard drive. So the cable won't snake tightly round corners, which is fine for me.

Simple testing of the WD on the linux machine suggested that there was no difference in speed between using only the supplied short cable and the short cable plus 2M extension cable (though I did find the Kingston Data G4 32GB USB Flash Drive much slower than the WD hard drive -- to be expected at such a low price I suppose.)

So far I am very satisfied with delivery, performance and price. But It's too soon to evaluate long term reliability, and I know that cables (especially the plugs) can stop working after a few months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely CRAP!!! DO NOT BUY!!, 10 Jun. 2015
M. Samuels (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm sending it back.
Amazon can keep another one of there poorly made, good for NOTHING products!!

4.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable (6.5 feet / 2 Metres), 8 Dec. 2013
Mr Fluffy "Greebo" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Well made cable, if a little stiff. I bought two of them and they are really excellent value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 April 2015
I needed this to connect an external HDD to the USB3 ports at the back of my PC (why do PC manufacturers insist on hiding USB3 ports at the back, rather than on the front panel?). I plugged the HDD into the lead and got nothing - the PC did not recognise the HDD. Just to make sure that the PC settings were OK and that the HDD was working OK, I plugged the HDD direct into the port, and it worked fine. So, I can only assume that the lead was at fault. I bought two of these leads at the same time, and the same problem happened with both of them. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is top quality - not basic!, 31 Dec. 2013
M Austin (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very well made, good quality cable that is excellent value for money and works perfectly. The cable is quite stiff, so don't expect to bend it around tight corners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price/value!, 13 Dec. 2013
MarcolinoPT (Portimão, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Great cable with a nice built. Just connect and you're ready to go. Used it with a usb 3.0 pen and works flawlessly and quickly!
Recommended!