Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£0.99

on 29 December 2012
You have to wonder; if secretly, all families are the same - there are definitely hints of mine in here. This is a teaser book of collected columns from Marks "Best Dad I can Be" Submissions. Not quite laugh out loud, but enough to encourage a wry chuckle.

Well written, and paced for an easy read over a cup of tea :) or a glass of red! Some of these 77p Kindle wonders leave you wondering if the author is actually English or proof read anything but not in this case. Go on, take a chance, if you don't smile at least once then you have not experienced the joys of children in the house.
on 28 November 2012
From the very first paragraph of this fabulous book I knew I was onto something special. It is a humorous and insightful look at family life that all parents will relate to. The author has taken his favourite newspaper columns, that he has been writing since 2003 and put them into this first book of ten. This is great news because after reading this one you will definitely want to read the rest.
This book covers a multitude of topics, from the contents of party goody bags that can make or break a party through to some unfortunate but very funny incidents at a play park. There are so many subjects the author writes about that resound with my own childhood memories. Who can forget their first pet goldfish that ended up being flushed down the toilet!
Mark Richards also introduces the reader to what he calls `Front Door Tax', a phenomenon dads and mums alike will doubtless have suffered, where just as you are about to leave the house you end up digging deep into your pockets for unexpected tax demands from your children. (Hilarious).
This beautifully written book has just the right mix of funny and more serious insights and I would highly recommend it to all parents. I shall certainly be buying the rest of the series as they come out.
on 27 June 2013
I enjoyed this humorous look at family life and, with two teenagers of my own, I could definitely relate to it. I think the fact that so many of the scenarios ring true for most parents is what makes this book really appealing, and there were some laugh out load moments. I particularly enjoyed the part about apples. The book also makes you realise that there are some things we do automatically without thinking about them in order to fit in with today's norm, which is vastly different to the norm of my childhood.
on 11 October 2012
I read Mark Richard's book Chronicles of a Desperate Dad a few years ago and it was laugh a minute stuff.

This Kindle collection is a worthy edition to the book with some very funny snippets of the daily shenanigans of the writer's family life.

It's also perfect a perfect read to fill small gaps in your day as the book is split into 27 columns, each humourous and honest chunk guaranteed to raise a knowing smile and a good laugh.

Looking forward to the next kindle installment!
on 18 November 2013
Pangs of hilarious, cringe-worthy recognition on every page and perfect for anyone who's ever been a parent! Although divided into 27 separate columns, I read this in just one sitting over a glass of red wine and reminisced over the snapshots of family life that most of us have been through at some point. At the end I was left wondering...is there any such thing as a normal family? I guess not! Refreshingly honest and worth downloading at only 77p!
Looking forward to the next instalment.
on 31 August 2012
I read this on my kindle on holiday and even though I do not have children of my own, this book really made me laugh. I suppose it won't be so funny when it is me seeing it from Mark's point of view. However, it made me laugh out loud as I was able to picture the scenarios which were very well written. Two particular scenes, in fact three scenes seriously had my wiping away tears from laughing so hard, but I won't spoil them for new readers. I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
on 7 March 2013
This book is amazing - a laugh a minute! Better to read if you are a parent, but even remembering how funny the teenage years were when we went through it is all relateable - The author is so clever, witty and punchy! Well worth a read even if it was 4 or 5 times the low purchase price! I will be reading this again and again, thanks for sharing your stories Mark - GIANT FIVE STARS FROM ME! 5*****
on 22 February 2015
Mark Richards is hilariously funny, as is his blog. A father that has experienced what being a father and a parent is all about. The only difference is that he shared it and lived to tell the tale. Worth enormously more!
on 27 February 2014
Bought this book as I was looking for some dad type anecdotes which I could relate to.
I wasn't disappointed. It was full of extremely funny and real life experiences which I just couldn't put down.
on 26 June 2012
A must for any parent - mum or dad! I have read the print book and I'm female! This ebook will make you smile and you'll realise how many of Mark Richards' trials and tribulations we've all been through.