Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 5 January 2011
My driving instructor recommended that I bought this book, he said that it was one of if not the best book for advice and information about driving. Although it is called 'The Essential Skills' it provides more than the essentials and helps you learn the rules of the road, how you should approach driving and also tips to prevent incidents. It helped me to visualise what I should do, how, where and when I should do them without being in an actual car. 100% recommended to all learner drivers and even mature drivers.
on 27 July 2011
I am a DSA ADI (car) MIAM...working in Cornwall...from time to time we need to get the most up to date books available...this is it...exactly what it says on the tin...so to speak...2011 copy and at a price which is £4 ish cheaper than the price you pay anywhere else...you would be well mad to go anywhere else...this is the best...thanks millions..
on 8 March 2011
I am currently learning to drive and this book was recommended by my instructor and I must say it has improved not only my driving but exstensive knowledge for the theory as well. I can now get at least 48/50 when practising for my test! I would recommended this to anyone!
on 30 April 2016
Excellent book.
I'm just learning how to drive and I find this book to be an excellent source of information for in between the lessons. Whether you need some more in depth info, or just a quick refresher on how to start a car (like I do, hah...) this book covers it. There's a lot of diagrams and pictures, a lot of which are the same as the ones my instructor is showing me. This really helps to connect the information from experience and what you read as well.
There are places where I wish the book went into more detail, however those fragments I can easily google and the book does help to pinpoint those, so I can't really call it a con.
I highly recommend it to anyone learning to drive, or to those who haven't had the chance to drive in a long time and want to get back into the saddle :)
on 14 February 2015
Bought this to back up driving lessons (I also bought the older edition which was recommended in reviews because it used diagrams rather than photos) .The text is clear and easy to follow and has been updated but I like the diagrams in the older edition too. I find the index handy. A good reference book with plenty of information on driving techniques. Previously I had bought the 'AA Practical Test' and the 'BSM Practical Test for Car Drivers' which, disappointedly, turned out to be identical. I did not like the question and multi choice answer style and, although answers are given, I could not always think of the word required before looking in the back at the start.
on 15 May 2011
This item was purchased for my grandson who was about to take his driving test. He found it most informative and has recommeded it to his friends.
on 10 July 2016
I used this book years ago and foud it very useful, so I bought it for a friend who is learning to drive. She is absolutely delighted with the book. All learner drivers should read this book. The techniques of driving are clearly illustrated inthis book.
on 23 June 2011
Was recommended this by my driving instructor so thought I'd get it. As I've been out on a number of lessons I know a lot of what's in the book but quite a bit of what's in it is new to me. A great book for all drivers, not just learners. Top service from the seller also. Much appreciated.
on 1 May 2014
This DSA Guide is packed full of information. My instructor lets me know what the next lesson will cover, and I read up on it beforehand. Then I read again after the lesson.

Driving, itself, is the easy part. Driving to pass the test takes quite a bit of effort. I hope this little book will help get me through the practical.
on 10 January 2014
Should be in the glove box and home. You can start children young learning road rules and signs as you are driving anywhere just by having it accessible. New game for long journeys, spot the driver errors, the kids can be learning just watching out for other drivers errors. Just make sure you don't have any or you will never hear the last of it.