Format: DVD|Change

on 10 March 2013
Steve Coogan may never shake off Alan Partridge but that's no bad thing as somehow he can be constantly re-invented. This is some of the funniest Partridge stuff ever.
on 30 July 2012
Does something different with the franchise. We have seen the talk show and the sit com. This is much more Alan interacting with the public and putting Alan's ego right to the fore front. Killer lines throughout the whole series, wonderfully acted by Steve and pitch-perfect a script. A hilarious series. Anyone who likes any previous Alan work will love this.
on 2 January 2013
Bought this to watch over Xmas and ended up playing the whole DVD twice in a row. Somebody gave this a 1 star review and I cannot understand what the guy is rattling on about. This is a really clever format and the fact that the whole thing is set in 1 tiny room is testimony to the superb script. Would love to see another series of this - more favourite condiment phone-ins please!!!
on 10 November 2012
I started watching these new Partridge episodes on Youtube when they first came out (which were in a somewhat different format to this more joined-up series). I really couldn't get into them. There were one or two laughs, but I gave up after a while and just thought Partridge/Coogan was looking tired... How wrong I was!! Just shows you what a little perseverance can do...

I caught them again more recently on Sky Atlantic and, particularly given the longer 25-30 min format (where I think they have meshed together the shorter segments from youtube into fuller episodes), they are an absolute gem. Ridiculously addictive (to be watched again and again and again just to spot things you never noticed before, as well as waiting for the bits you love!), and without question the best of Partridge so far. I mean that. This is Coogan playing Partridge AT HIS BEST. The closed-in view and more realistic tone of the radio studio allows Partridge to breathe, and scoff, and...well be the total prat we know and love, but in a much more natural way and like never before! Above all, it allows us a far more detailed perspective of Partridge as a persona - OK, we don't get the "backstory" (let's leave that to the sitcom), but instead get Partridge up close and personal. The writing is also sublime.

I cannot think of another comedian/comedy character who has actually got better with age. I'm a little more wary of the "film" that has been touted, as I just find that films made from TV comedy series often tend to be a bit naff (we'll have to wait and see on that one), but this is just golden.
I have been a fan of Alan since I first saw him on KMKYWAP in the mid-90s and have followed his unique brand of broadcasting since. Although this is patchier than say, both 'I'm Alan Partridge' Series it contains some absolute gems and as a result is well worth a gander if you're a fan. I thought it started off a little too hesitantly but found its stride as it progressed: the bit about Alan's erectile dysfunction which was caused by having to contact the DVLA about his expired tax disc during a bout of lovemaking with a lady friend was especially amusing. There are countless other one liners which are probably worth bantering around with friends, assuming there possess the same sense of humour as your good self?

I would also like to applaud my former singing teacher, Pippa Duffy's, performance as Alan's latter sidekick, Zoe in the final episode - it was inspired. How she retained a straight face acting next to Coogan is amazing and I hope to spot her in more comedies.
on 4 July 2014
I am an Alan Partridge fan and the show itself was not a dissapointment but when I bought the DVD I was looking forward to two discs only to discover they were basically the same so in that sense I felt a little short changed. The material was good though and it had it's moments of Partridge at his best.
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2015
I wasn't a huge fan of "Knowing Me, Knowing You", but thought the two series of "I'm Alan Partridge" that followed were excellent. It was the lack of self awareness and the sadness of the man that made the series both funny and quite touching. Mid-Morning Matters follows in a similar vein. His fall from grace continues, reduced now to a digital radio station. The character is the same; gauche and vulnerable. Some of it is toe-curlingly awful at times, but it never goes too far, and you always retain the element of sympathy for the character. Alan Partridge remains a superb comedy character and I do hope he manages to find further employment. Perhaps it's time someone gave him a break?
on 23 August 2014
I enjoy this for what it is and made alpha papa even more enjoyable though I have always enjoyed Alan partridge since I was a little girl when it first aired on tv so glad they still have time to make newer episodes
on 4 February 2013
This DVD is a "MUST" for any Alan Partridge fans!

Steve Coogan is hillarious and very slick in his delivery of lines (as usual).

Very enjoyable and highly recommended - Just buy it!
on 25 September 2013
After realising I had to buy up all the available Alan Partridge material the world had to offer I was warned away from this one. Still, for some reason (probably something to do with my stubborn nature) I went for it. Figuring a complete collection is a happy collection. I left it to the side until last and warily dipped a toe in and found, for one, that I loved it. For me this stands shoulder to shoulder with the best of Partridge. Okay, it doesn't have the scope or range of the original BBC series or the other specials made for Sky but even in one studio this character can still shine. For me this is a strong addition to the world of Alan and well worth the watch.