on 4 July 2012
I bought this book on my kindle as soon as I could, after reading Karice's Watchers Trilogy I
knew this new series had to be great to be nearly as good as the Watchers.

O.M.G! Fantastic!! This book is a must read a proper page turner I didn't want to put it down! I felt nervous at times with things happening and twists and turns where you think you know what's going on there is a surprise that throws you right off course.

The story is about Triss, a seventeen year old girl that has her eighteenth birthday coming up and also her entry into The Witch Avenue Order, two of the most exciting/life changing experiences that could happen to her. Then life throws her into the deep end when her mum mysteriously disappears without a trace. With people around her trying to get her to mourn for her mum she finds it very difficult as she doesn't believe her mother is dead. So with her childhood best friend, Logan being the only one that seems to believe her and trust her instinct he promises to help her find the truth in to her mums disappearance.

I LOVED the book and the way it makes you feel Right from the very start I felt Triss's roller-coaster of emotions loss, heartache and desperation for her mother.
It pulled me straight in and you cant help wishing you could do something to help her!

Theres excitement and happiness and anticipation for what's going to happen with her and Logan, with his protection of her and the bond they have it really makes you feel their undeniable closeness.

Karice has done yet another fantastic book that builds you up to a heart palpitating ending!! (my heart was actually beating SO fast) I cant wait for book 2 to see what happens!!!
on 27 November 2012
If you like a touch of paranormal mixed with romance then this is an excellent series - as a rather mature reader I am not one for soppy silly stories, but I found the base of the story interesting enough to want to read the entire series having read book 1.
on 16 January 2013
very good read can't wait to read the next book hope I don't have to wait to long for the 3rd
on 22 June 2013
LOVED this book one.

In this 1st instalment we find out that Beatrice, also known as Triss, is a witch and has a opening ceremony soon for her to be welcomed into her local witch coven.

Unfortunately a couple of days before a tragedy happens which throws all of Triss's plans away.

We see to lovely Logan who has been Triss's friend for all of her 18 years of life.

We find that Logan is going to be her rock throughout this book, there's so much love in this book coming from Triss and she struggles to let her defences down as she doesn't want the same thing that happened to her mum to happen to her...... her love to leave her!

This book is full of witches,love,lust,grief and hate.

Your thrust upon a Witch Coven and of the entities that occur in one.

I can't wait to "Altered Souls" the second book in this series!
on 19 August 2014
It has all the things which I love in a Ya book it has the right blend of fantasy and the paranormal combined with great relationships between characters and romantic interests to keep me reading and purchasing the rest of the series ASAP... Cuz I need to know what happens now :-).
This book made me think about my own life on an emotional level, and how easy it is to become a lonely soul by pushing people away or keeping them at arms reach, which made reading the book feel more real.
The only down side I found was that the language used was far too grown up for 18 year olds especially when they talked about their feelings for each other, I found myself cringing on more than a few occasions, and it took me out of their world momentarily, which I had lost myself to. Which was a shame but didn't stop me thoroughly enjoying this book.
on 26 March 2013
Before I joined the Lonely Souls tour, run by AToMR, I had Karice Bolton's Witch Avenue and Watcher series' on my TBR. Although her books are very much in the genre I read they also have beautiful and magnetic covers, the one to Lonely Souls being no exception.
Within the first chapter of the book we are aware that our protagonist, Triss, is a witch, and that she may be in danger, due to her mother's sudden and unexplained disappearance. Triss is reunited with an old friend from childhood at her mother's memorial, who says he will help her solve the mystery, yet he reignites feelings in Triss she is not ready to deal with and Logan has secrets of his own that is not sure he is ready to share.
When Lonely Souls are sent searching for Triss and she is forced from her home, her and Logan hide in the forest, trying to uncover her family's history. The story is not fast-paced but Karice Bolton develops the anticipation for the reader and this is two-fold as Logan and Triss become closer, and the search for Triss's mother uncovers more mysterious secrets.
Karice Bolton ensures that the reader is distrustful of her characters by making us feel as though everyone is switching sides. As times even Logan's character is questionable, despite his declarations of love for Triss. I like the way the author destabilizes us by doing this, and feel that it is a clever move by Karice Bolton to strengthen Triss's character throughout the story or we would have no-one to steady us.
I really enjoyed Lonely Souls, and am now on book three of the series, as it is so compelling :-)
This was given to me as a review copy, but this had no influence on my opinion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 January 2013
The story is around the two main charachters:
Triss & Logan.
2 weeks before Triss turned 18 and was welcomed into the covern as a witch
her mother disappears.
With her childhood friend Logan (soon to become the love of her life)
she trys to find out what has happened to her mother
and who is using dark magic against her.
This is a fantastic mix of love, loss, witchery & mystery.
I loved reading this book and would highly recommend it!
5 out of 5 for me!
on 16 May 2013
I bought this book after reading The Watchers Trilogy by Karice Bolton which had me totally sucked in from the first chapter. The Witch Avenue Series is just as good and again you are wanting to find Triss's Mum with her. Lots of great characters and you do not know in the end who or who not to trust. A fantastic read and I cannot wait for the fourth book to come out. FANTASTIC!!!!
on 29 April 2013
I found this book every easy to get in to and didn't want to put it down. it flowed really well. also I enjoyed this book as it has not got vampires in I do like reading the vampire books but there is far to many so a witch base story was very good I've all ready started book 2 and enjoying that one too .
on 28 January 2013
Enjoyed this book , lots of twists and turns in 1st few chapters leaves you wondering if Logan is bad or not or I if he has turned his back on the black magic or not. Want to read next book to see if "mum" can be found and does she want to be 3people family or is she under a spell& is Logan good or not.