5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Animal Nieves ski jacket
Bought this jacket for my daughter who is 5 foot tall and petite size 8. It fits perfectly and it is very well made. She is delighted with it - has worn it boarding in Scotland and got some good feedback on Facebook about how good she looked in it. It was very good value for the money!!
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by Dr Ruth

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but too cold
The jacket is nice but have some problems: too cold, for 5 degrees with no wind is too cold; the pockets are not pratique at all, because the costure on the side hurt when you try to put your hands inside; the size indicated it's too big, for me that wear an M/L in some jackets the size S was ok, but i order the M, a little big.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Animal Nieves ski jacket, 13 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised..., 14 Feb. 2013
I'd been looking for a stylish jacket which was suitable for Nordic Walking, but didn't cost the earth. I came across this quite by chance, and although I was a little frustrated by the fact that there were at the time of buying, only four reviews, I noted that they were all five stars, with a decent write-up to accompany/explain each rating.

I wanted something that was waterproof and windproof, but light enough to cope with the vagaries of a British winter when I was was working moderately hard. It also needed to have pockets for all kinds of stuff.

This jackets ticks all the boxes. It's light, stylish with a flash of turquoise lining, a pocket for everything, including key clips, earphones and thumb cuff/mitts. It looks like it will meet my needs weatherwise as well.

The price varied for different sizes, so being mean, I opted for a size 14 in Black, which was £59, compared to the £83+ being demanded for my actual size, which is a size 10. I have to admit though that price wasn't the only factor in my choice. I prefer my outerwear to be a little on the large size in order to accommodate several layers underneath. The size 14 was perfect for me, not too baggy, still managing to look fashionably stylish in a kinda-urban way, even when I'm wearing my day clothes. The jacket also has an unexpected bonus in that it has zips under the sleeves to allow extra ventilation when required.

I've got to say that I'm loving this jacket and can't wait until next week to get out in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Checkered blue Animal Nieves Jacket, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Animal Women's Nieves Winter Technical Jacket (Electronics)
Was skeptical when buying this jacket, as it was a lot of money. It has grown on me a lot since it got here. Has a great bright, fun colour and easily fits a 5 foot 6 size 8 with several warm layers underneath. Length of jacket and arms are both perfect. 21 inches from underarm to wrist, 27.5 inches from neck to bottom, cute hood and has five useful placed pockets, including an ipod pocket with earphone hole. I love the fact that it has a ski lift pass slot! Have been skiing in it twice, and is very easy to move in. Can even have underarm ventilation if you choose to. Ski skirt and wrist insulation is a good idea to keep snow out.

Have ordered dark green/greyish ski pants to wear with it. Delivered in three days! Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, very pleased!, 31 Dec. 2012
E. L. Knight "emma-lou" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
I thought I'd take a risk and order this jacket, half expecting it to be a disappointment but it was anything but! I'm off skiing in February so I needed a warm practical jacket to wear on the slopes. This jacket looks good, has lots of pockets including one for goggles with a wipe attached inside and one on the sleeve for the lift pass. The inner lining is a mint green colour and there is also an inner pocket for media. The hood does not detach but that shouldn't be an issue. I reckon this jacket will keep me very toasty in the cold!

Edit: Just got back from Skiing in he Alps and this jacket was perfect. Kept me warm at all times and having lots of pockets was bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good functional and high quality ski jacket with all mod-cons, 13 Mar. 2015
Nice fit. Smart ski jacket with all the mod-cons you would expect with regards to gaitors, pockets and inner over the thumb sleeves (which are handy for cold days but can get a little uncomfortable - I think they all do). There is a bit of a pattern / texture in the material. All round it is a good quality and well built jacket, only lost a star because it is functional rather than exciting (guess that is what you get when you buy black - but it goes with everything!)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 Mar. 2013
big fan of animal products, this is warm and is great against the great british weather. would buy again if i needed to replace.

4.0 out of 5 stars A well made and comfy jacket, 18 April 2013
The jacket is very well made and it is comfy and warm. I skied duing a weekend of pretty ghastly weather without feeling cold. I really like the psychodelic pattern of the fabric. I wish it were more fitted as it is pretty large and not at all figure-hugging. The skipass holder on the sleeve is a very clever idea. On the whole, I imagine that it is more of a snowboader's style jacket than a skier's.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with this jacket, 14 Feb. 2013
I bought this jacket for ski holiday and it did not disappoint me. When I was skiing in -15 C the jacket has proved to be a good quality. I like the little pockets inside/outside, the pocket for electronic card, the cleaning tissue in the pocket for glasses... Although it looked a bit thin and light, I was pleasantly surprised that it kept me warm in the freezing and windy weather.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but too cold, 6 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain fashion ski jacket, 31 Jan. 2013
Funky looking jacket at a great sale price. Only very minor point is that the pocket for the ski pass is marginally too small so I worried it would fall out but it is in the sleeve and there is a Velcro strap over the top so it did turn out to be ok. Love the colours and the fit though.