3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't pay the money..., 2 Jan 2013
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones with Control Talk - Black (Accessory)
Ok, so I am a real technophobe and despite knowing what beats are, thanks to the kids at work, I have never wanted a pair. I just don't understand why you would spend this kind of money on them. I wasn't aware that they did in-ear earphones but I certainly wouldn't want the over ear ones - far too bulky.

Anyway, my sister bought me these for Christmas (she's much cooler than me!) I was dubious about them as they seemed quite flimsy. My current earphones are JVC sportones as I always find in-ear ones fall out as I'm walking. I was apprehensive about these.

Firstly, the good points. I have been using them with my ipod and the sound is great. It's clear and crisp. The volume is perfect for me - not staggeringly loud but not quiet. And, yes, I admit saying I have 'beats' headphones is winning me some brownie points. I do like the look of them.

Sadly, there are issues. They do fall out when I am moving around - annoying. But, much worse, is the sound leakage. Even when I have these at 'normal' volume, you can hear it. As I travel on public transport to work and feel enraged when I can hear anyone elses music, this is a problem. I just don't think, for the price, they should have this issue.

I have given the earphones an average rating as I feel they are good headphones but not without their flaws. I wouldn't personally pay the money and I don't know they are any better than my £10 ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is OK but only with Memory Foam eartips, 17 Oct 2012
I bought these in-ear headphone a year ago with all the hype surrounding it. I have now replaced it with Atomic Floyd Superdart earphones. The sound from Dr Dre Tour in-ear headphone have superior bass output but everything else Atomic Floyd Superdart has the upper hand. The bass from these in-ear headphones are mind blowing but its the only good thing about it in terms of sound quality. The noise isolation, mids and high are only so so. In terms of 1-10 I would rate the sound quality 4.5/10 as the bass output is extremely nice. However, after I replaced the silicon ear tips with MoBeast memory foams eartips (which can be found cheaply on eBay) it improves the sound quality slightly but sound isolation is massively improved. In my honest opinion, the MoBeast memory foam eartips are cheaper and much more comfortable than the Comply ones. Even after replacing the eartips I would only rate the sound quality as 6.5/10 as the bass now is even more powerful but mids and highs are only slightly improved. The flat tangle free cables are extremely well made and I never have any problems with tangled wires in a full year of using it. In terms of built quality, it is pretty good but not as good as Atomic Floyd Superdart in-ear headphone. Overall, if you want an in-earphone with super bass and look cool go for it but remember to use it with MoBeast memory foam eartips for an even better listening experience!! Otherwise, I would strongly advise you to buy Atomic Floyd's Superdart.