on 15 December 2014
While the sound quality of these headphones is very good, what is a real problem here is the lifespan / build. I look after all of my headphones, do not use them at excessive volumes, and unplug them from my phone (rather than stuffing them into my bag / pocket) and usually get around 2 years use from in-ear designs.

These lasted less than 6 weeks before the sound went completely in one ear. despite being treated in exactly the same way. I advise you to look at the other reviews where similar concerns are raised (I did but ignored them as I like to think I treat my headphones better than the average user) they are just too fragile for any use and the whole design needs to be reappraised.
on 2 April 2014
The item is really nice, but it broken after 3 months. I used it normally, not really often, the quality is low with this price!
on 1 June 2015
If I could give 0 stars I would, they are fake and not even remotely the same as the ones in the picture. Broke after a month or so 0 stars out of 5
on 23 October 2014
Bought my first pair a year ago and after about 3 months of normal use the right ear piece stopped working. Call it benefit of the doubt or me being an idiot I bought another pair(couldn't get refund from original retailer) and now after about 3 months the right ear piece has stopped working. The sound quality is pretty good but like most people on here have said they are definitely not worth getting and I'd avoid Beats like the plague.
on 17 January 2015
I have owned these In-ears for about 9 Months, replacing them once within this period.
In my opinion these Beats are quite average considering price, sound quality and build.

Sound quality:

The Bass is very present and pleasing but everything else is also muddled up by the ever-present bass. This is what i expected from Beats however, and to be honest it works well with certain genres like Hip-hop and Dubstep but in most other genres it falls apart and the music gets drowned out by the Bass. Treble is a bit harsh, and the mids can be a little drowned out. But many like this sound and i think i'm being a bit too critical so i'll say its half-decent.

Build quality:

The build quality of the actual earphone is very good, it fits well in my ears and are quite comfortable after you get the right fit, however the cables are another problem completely, they are tangle-free flat cables which are effective at resisting tangles but are just too thin to withstand the pressure of daily use by the average commuter and easily break at the 3.5mm jack after a few months. I think this is due to the straight output which has a huge disadvantage compared to a 90 degree jack which resists breakage and are a more practical choice for a 'durable' headphone as these Beats state to be. If a urBeats 2.0 ever comes out, this should be the first problem they address.

Verdict:

You can easily get better sounding headphones for the same price or less such as the Shure SE215 or even the Beats Solo 2 if you want to spend a little more and want to look cool, as both sound very good. (even the Beats)
Overall they're OK at best and are a little overpriced (They're Beats) but at least they're the cheapest Beats.
on 12 June 2015
No I wasn't every happy with them, I dont know if it was on the way in delivery but only one headphone actually works, I'm not very happy
on 20 October 2014
Build quality very poor. Had them for about 6 months but mic started being intermittent and left earpiece has stopped working. Seems from reading these reviews that I'm not alone in have a earpiece go dead.
on 19 February 2013
When I first got these I absolutely loved them, the sound quality was amazing and they even saved battery on my ipod because I didn't have to have them so loud because of the noise technology stops it escaping and other people can't hear your music when you sit next to them on the tube.
The only problem came when less than a year in the right earphone stopped working, they were under warranty so I contacted the ibeats customer support (a costly phone call to a 08 number) to then go through an inconvenient and lengthy email process before being able to post off my ibeats for "assessment". They wanted me to pay for the postage and packaging to The Netherlands (cost £10) and they weren't even going to guarantee they would replace or fix them, only "assess" them. Eventually I get an email saying they'd passed assessment and they would replace them and that my new pair would arrive in up to 3 weeks. Up to 3 weeks later, no earphones, and no email with a tracking number saying they'd been dispatched so I emailed customer services to find out what had happened and they inform me that the warehouse has been closed for 2 weeks for a stock check and I'm going to have to now wait another 3 weeks. This remains to be seen. For an £80 pair of headphones that break within the warranty the customer service is inadequate and disappointing.
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2014
It is as expensive as the original but it isn't original ,the box says a different website and even the wire is thicker than in the original and within three weeks of buying them the left side stopped working so I now have an overpriced one-sided headphone ! Very disappointed
on 18 March 2014
These earphones have amazing sound quality, but the right one stopped working suddenly after a couple of months, so their quality is very questionable.