on 15 December 2014
While the sound quality of these headphones is very good, what is a real problem here is the lifespan / build. I look after all of my headphones, do not use them at excessive volumes, and unplug them from my phone (rather than stuffing them into my bag / pocket) and usually get around 2 years use from in-ear designs.

These lasted less than 6 weeks before the sound went completely in one ear. despite being treated in exactly the same way. I advise you to look at the other reviews where similar concerns are raised (I did but ignored them as I like to think I treat my headphones better than the average user) they are just too fragile for any use and the whole design needs to be reappraised.
on 1 June 2015
If I could give 0 stars I would, they are fake and not even remotely the same as the ones in the picture. Broke after a month or so 0 stars out of 5
on 17 January 2015
I have owned these In-ears for about 9 Months, replacing them once within this period.
In my opinion these Beats are quite average considering price, sound quality and build.

Sound quality:

The Bass is very present and pleasing but everything else is also muddled up by the ever-present bass. This is what i expected from Beats however, and to be honest it works well with certain genres like Hip-hop and Dubstep but in most other genres it falls apart and the music gets drowned out by the Bass. Treble is a bit harsh, and the mids can be a little drowned out. But many like this sound and i think i'm being a bit too critical so i'll say its half-decent.

Build quality:

The build quality of the actual earphone is very good, it fits well in my ears and are quite comfortable after you get the right fit, however the cables are another problem completely, they are tangle-free flat cables which are effective at resisting tangles but are just too thin to withstand the pressure of daily use by the average commuter and easily break at the 3.5mm jack after a few months. I think this is due to the straight output which has a huge disadvantage compared to a 90 degree jack which resists breakage and are a more practical choice for a 'durable' headphone as these Beats state to be. If a urBeats 2.0 ever comes out, this should be the first problem they address.

Verdict:

You can easily get better sounding headphones for the same price or less such as the Shure SE215 or even the Beats Solo 2 if you want to spend a little more and want to look cool, as both sound very good. (even the Beats)
Overall they're OK at best and are a little overpriced (They're Beats) but at least they're the cheapest Beats.
on 20 October 2014
Build quality very poor. Had them for about 6 months but mic started being intermittent and left earpiece has stopped working. Seems from reading these reviews that I'm not alone in have a earpiece go dead.
on 4 May 2014
It is as expensive as the original but it isn't original ,the box says a different website and even the wire is thicker than in the original and within three weeks of buying them the left side stopped working so I now have an overpriced one-sided headphone ! Very disappointed
on 18 March 2014
These earphones have amazing sound quality, but the right one stopped working suddenly after a couple of months, so their quality is very questionable.
on 20 June 2014
Bought these using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers without doing much research. They worked out around £45 so I thought I'd bagged a bargain.

Initial thoughts were positive, they definitely look the part. That's about the only good thing about them.

Now onto the sound quality: The bass is loud but extremely muddy and lacks composition. Try listening to Kanye West's Love Lockdown with them at a high volume and you'll know exactly what I mean. The soundstage is poor, it sounds like music is coming from inside a barrel. Bass and speech are both massively distorted. I did a quick test against my old Denons (which were less than £60 at the time) and there is simply no comparison. It's like comparing a dog to an opera singer! After doing a little more research I found that the Beats are nowhere near audiophile quality and very overpriced for the sound you get. How some people can say these are the best sounding earphones they have ever heard, is beyond me. Without meaning to be rude, they simply don't know any better. For this price there are far superior alternatives by Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Musical Fidelity, Shure, etc.

Build quality: Although at first they seem solidly built, the right earphone stopped working after less than 4 months. I have to keep fiddling with the cable to make it work and when that happens, I must keep extremely still so not exactly ideal.

In a way I'm glad they broke as it gave me the opportunity to look for a better replacement. After some research I decided on Musical Fidelity EB33 which are the same price but in an entirely different league when it comes to build and sound quality. I would have happily paid double the price, they are that good!

Verdict: I would not waste a penny on Beats earphones. If looks and overpowering horrible bass are all you're interested in, go for them. However, if you appreciate good music and want to hear it as the artist intended, look elsewhere!
on 8 May 2015
No stars if I could. I go through headphones like crazy, and I thought I'd finally shell out and get some decent ones which would last a while instead of going through cheap ones again and again. Boy was I wrong. The sound quality is good, but these are really flimsy. Three months in, the sound in the right earphone stopped. The buttons on the regulator do nothing except make nice clicking sounds, useful if you're jittery and like to have something to fiddle with but not anything else. This morning I stood up on the train, they'd caught on my bag and with very little resistance or pulling on my part the right earphone snapped clear off. I literally stood up to get off the train and that was enough to break them. So now 70 quid and 3 months in, I have half a headphone set that was supposed to be from a good brand. Fail. Waste of money, poor product. Don't bother.
on 13 April 2014
I encountered a similar problem with the previous buyers, first it began as a small electricity shocks in the left ear, and then left ear stop working completely, It has very bad quality! I Hate it
on 7 May 2014
Before buying it I read a lot of problem with the right side headphone. I naively thought it will not will not happen to me by. Alas it did and it seems that the right side problem is real. It happened to me three weeks after buying the headphone.