4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive portable headphone
I received these headphones as a gift and my Apple headphones quickly got side-lined for these better and prettier alternative! They come with different sized rubber tips to fit the size of your ears so the fit is snug and they do not leak sound at all. The sound quality is very clear and is loud without needing to be at a high volume. The flat wire means they don't...
Published 14 months ago by ladypenelope1987

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 3 months
The item is really nice, but it broken after 3 months. I used it normally, not really often, the quality is low with this price!
Published 12 months ago by AndyZhang

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 3 months, 2 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars ibeats are good sound but poor quality earphone, 19 Feb. 2013
When I first got these I absolutely loved them, the sound quality was amazing and they even saved battery on my ipod because I didn't have to have them so loud because of the noise technology stops it escaping and other people can't hear your music when you sit next to them on the tube.
The only problem came when less than a year in the right earphone stopped working, they were under warranty so I contacted the ibeats customer support (a costly phone call to a 08 number) to then go through an inconvenient and lengthy email process before being able to post off my ibeats for "assessment". They wanted me to pay for the postage and packaging to The Netherlands (cost £10) and they weren't even going to guarantee they would replace or fix them, only "assess" them. Eventually I get an email saying they'd passed assessment and they would replace them and that my new pair would arrive in up to 3 weeks. Up to 3 weeks later, no earphones, and no email with a tracking number saying they'd been dispatched so I emailed customer services to find out what had happened and they inform me that the warehouse has been closed for 2 weeks for a stock check and I'm going to have to now wait another 3 weeks. This remains to be seen. For an £80 pair of headphones that break within the warranty the customer service is inadequate and disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really am mad at them, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Beats by Dr. Dre urBeats 2 3-Button In-Ear Headphones - Matte Black (Electronics)
It is as expensive as the original but it isn't original ,the box says a different website and even the wire is thicker than in the original and within three weeks of buying them the left side stopped working so I now have an overpriced one-sided headphone ! Very disappointed

2.0 out of 5 stars Break after 3 months, 18 Mar. 2014
These earphones have amazing sound quality, but the right one stopped working suddenly after a couple of months, so their quality is very questionable.

3.0 out of 5 stars UrBeats- Overpriced Half-decent Headphones with a fatal flaw, 17 Jan. 2015
I have owned these In-ears for about 9 Months, replacing them once within this period.
In my opinion these Beats are quite average considering price, sound quality and build.

Sound quality:

The Bass is very present and pleasing but everything else is also muddled up by the ever-present bass. This is what i expected from Beats however, and to be honest it works well with certain genres like Hip-hop and Dubstep but in most other genres it falls apart and the music gets drowned out by the Bass. Treble is a bit harsh, and the mids can be a little drowned out. But many like this sound and i think i'm being a bit too critical so i'll say its half-decent.

Build quality:

The build quality of the actual earphone is very good, it fits well in my ears and are quite comfortable after you get the right fit, however the cables are another problem completely, they are tangle-free flat cables which are effective at resisting tangles but are just too thin to withstand the pressure of daily use by the average commuter and easily break at the 3.5mm jack after a few months. I think this is due to the straight output which has a huge disadvantage compared to a 90 degree jack which resists breakage and are a more practical choice for a 'durable' headphone as these Beats state to be. If a urBeats 2.0 ever comes out, this should be the first problem they address.

Verdict:

You can easily get better sounding headphones for the same price or less such as the Shure SE215 or even the Beats Solo 2 if you want to spend a little more and want to look cool, as both sound very good. (even the Beats)
Overall they're OK at best and are a little overpriced (They're Beats) but at least they're the cheapest Beats.

1.0 out of 5 stars The definition of rip-off, 23 Oct. 2014
Bought my first pair a year ago and after about 3 months of normal use the right ear piece stopped working. Call it benefit of the doubt or me being an idiot I bought another pair(couldn't get refund from original retailer) and now after about 3 months the right ear piece has stopped working. The sound quality is pretty good but like most people on here have said they are definitely not worth getting and I'd avoid Beats like the plague.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality even poorer sound, 20 Jun. 2014
Bought these using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers without doing much research. They worked out around £45 so I thought I'd bagged a bargain.

Initial thoughts were positive, they definitely look the part. That's about the only good thing about them.

Now onto the sound quality: The bass is loud but extremely muddy and lacks composition. Try listening to Kanye West's Love Lockdown with them at a high volume and you'll know exactly what I mean. The soundstage is poor, it sounds like music is coming from inside a barrel. Bass and speech are both massively distorted. I did a quick test against my old Denons (which were less than £60 at the time) and there is simply no comparison. It's like comparing a dog to an opera singer! After doing a little more research I found that the Beats are nowhere near audiophile quality and very overpriced for the sound you get. How some people can say these are the best sounding earphones they have ever heard, is beyond me. Without meaning to be rude, they simply don't know any better. For this price there are far superior alternatives by Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Musical Fidelity, Shure, etc.

Build quality: Although at first they seem solidly built, the right earphone stopped working after less than 4 months. I have to keep fiddling with the cable to make it work and when that happens, I must keep extremely still so not exactly ideal.

In a way I'm glad they broke as it gave me the opportunity to look for a better replacement. After some research I decided on Musical Fidelity EB33 which are the same price but in an entirely different league when it comes to build and sound quality. I would have happily paid double the price, they are that good!

Verdict: I would not waste a penny on Beats earphones. If looks and overpowering horrible bass are all you're interested in, go for them. However, if you appreciate good music and want to hear it as the artist intended, look elsewhere!

2.0 out of 5 stars Right headphone problem is real., 7 May 2014
Before buying it I read a lot of problem with the right side headphone. I naively thought it will not will not happen to me by. Alas it did and it seems that the right side problem is real. It happened to me three weeks after buying the headphone.

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could rate this item 0 stars then I would, 28 Sept. 2014
If I could rate this item 0 stars then I would.

Imagine, your little sister has wanted these beats for a long time and finally her birthday is coming up. You know exactly what to buy. You spend £80 of your own money to buy these for her birthday, knowing these will be her favourite present. She opens the box to find that the left headphone doesn't even work - not even slightly.

I didn't get a chance to listen to them, so I can't judge the sound quality. They look quite nice, but that's about it. Judging by all the comments on this item, it's apparent that there's a problem with these earphones.

It's your choice!!

Falls apart
Earpieces stop working
Repair centre in Netherlands
Cust service on paid 08 number

Don't buy these. Massively overpriced because of the name. I recommend:
A) Prosound magic e10 earphones