Top positive review
15 people found this helpful
Just what I wanted
on 18 August 2012
This is my third try at a case for my new Kindle Touch; the first was Amazon's own leather cover in Olive Green (fine except that it doesn't have any way of holding it shut, so it can fall open in my backpack and other things can damage the screen - the very thing a case is designed to prevent), the second was a plastic cover (also fine, magnetic closure, but nothing to hold the Kindle in at the top, so risk of its falling out - and it was plastic rather than leather).
This case turns out to be exactly what I was after.
1. The Kindle slides in, so is securely and attractively held, not just by elastic bands at the corners;
2. There is a leather flap at the top which folds over the Kindle and (even though it doesn't have a velcro fastening) ensures that the Kindly won't fall out of the case;
3. The flap which holds the case closed has a magnetic fastening. Very smooth, and holds it firmly shut. Another advantage: when the case is open and folded back for reading, the flap can be folded back too and the magnetic closure connects round the back and stops the case from flapping around;
4. The colour is great! I've got it in the Green, a beautiful lime green, just as it appears on the website. I loved the similar-coloured case (perhaps slightly less bright) for the Kindle Keyboard, and was sad that only more muted colours (for instance, Olive Green instead of Lime Green) were available in Amazon's cases for the Touch.
5. Attractive same-colour stitching round the edges, which looks smart.
This is a well-made, high quality case, sturdy but lightweight. To me it looks like one which Amazon itself might have made - but its original price is £15.99 and at the moment it's on sale at £4.99. Bargain-basement price for a product which looks decidedly up-market. I heartily recommend it.