5.0 out of 5 stars un-put-down-able!
Defending Joe is a real page turner, keeps you guessing right up to the end.

Published on 3 Aug. 2012 by CCoco

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Careless Mistakes
This sounded so very good but was so peppered with mistakes I packed it in only 10% in. There were lots of missed commas, misplaced apostrophes and the chief police lady's surname suddenly altered from Dornan to Doran !! Carelessness I can't be doing with.
I did like the dedication to his father the author had in the beginning. That was touching.
The story...
Published on 30 Mar. 2013 by Lynda Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars un-put-down-able!, 3 Aug. 2012
CCoco (Carluke, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
Defending Joe is a real page turner, keeps you guessing right up to the end.

Even after finishing the book, I had to go back and read the beginging again. I was left thinking about the ending for days, and questioning myself had I missed something. To me that is the mark of a great story - leaves questions to ponder and also leaves you wanting to read more.

Being Scottish the familiarty of the locations gave this an extra interest, this a cracking read & I look forward to the follow up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Defending Joe, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
Thought I had the bad guy worked out early, then I had my doubts about it and blamed another innocent man, Then I changed my mind again and was happy that I had worked out the culprit for myself near the end. That was when I found out how many times I could get it wrong, a fantastic twist and all is revealed, this book is well written and difficult to put down, A winner all the way.
Eddie C

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic debut novel with both grit and a sense of humour. Glasgow's darker side is exposed as the author takes the reader on a twisting tale of betrayal and psychosis where even the cops are suspects. The ending is a shocker. Looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read book!, 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
I'm always a little dubious with the free or low priced books, however, this certainly did not diappoint!! I read this within a day on holiday and could not put it down!

It has an excellent story line and keeps you wondering right up until the end! With a very unexpected ending.

A well written book which will have you gripped from the outset, appraise for the author Paul Vincent Lee can't wait to read more lest hope the next is as good as this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Careless Mistakes, 30 Mar. 2013
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
The story itself sounded very good indeed. Two lads in Glasgow who grew up together, one becomes a lawyer, one a killer.
It's such a shame when a story sounds so interesting to have it ruined like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Defending Joe, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
Great read. Especially for someone living in or around Glasgow area. Characters well penned, a bit of a whodunit scenario, but all and all a solid story line. Well recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Defending Joe, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
Really good read taking you down lots of wrong conclusions a hard to put down read tempted to start it again

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 11 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
Defending Joe I have just finished this book. It was a free download. What a fantastic author, the book keeps you intrigued all the way through. With an explosive ending. I would recommend this book as a must read. Bring on another book from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT !!!!!!!, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this book , what a read ! the twists, turns,It was completely mesmerising ,Set in my home city made it even more intriguing. thought i knew who done it , then didnt then did !!!!! Got to the end and actually. applauded.Very well written ,will look out for more from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story from Paul Lee, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Defending Joe (Kindle Edition)
This is the best story I've read in a long while. Intriguing beginning,suspense throughout,I kept changing my guess at who the killer was right up to the end. Being more or less familiar with the terrain was a plus for me but the vivid descriptions of the places the action is set should make ignorance of the area no hindrance to the reader's enjoyment. A really thrilling read.

Defending Joe