Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.49

on 22 January 2013
Over technical in parts. Needed editing. Many typos and awful grammar. Fairly exciting ending but was not gripped by it,
on 24 December 2012
Although I read this book to the end I found it completely unbelievable at times. The basic concept is sound but having the main characters doing what they did was stretching things to the limit at times. Managing to get caught and beat up twice, then escaping the clutches of so called professional agents, and then still having enough money/cards to spend lots of cash was ridiculous. Some of the reviews stated that the technical content was well explained and easy to understand for non I.T. people. However,I disagree with this. After spending 30 years in I.T. even I was completely lost at times.
on 6 December 2012
I wanted to like this book as I generally love this type of thing, but it took ages to get going (kept introducing more and more characters and then leaving them before anything really happens). Things finally start to gel about a third of the way in but really, a thriller should keep you on the edge of your seat and this one did not. The characters were not interesting to me and I kept finding reasons to put it down.
on 13 April 2013
I enjoyed the book but, as a computer programmer I want more tech. Due to the authors background I hoped for in-depth tech on encryption and vulnerabilities. This was not present, instead the story skins over the technology. I suspect this is to ensure the book appeals to the masses.
on 24 December 2012
This is an enjoyable book for reading on a train, boat or plane and associated waiting rooms. There is no great depth to it and the messages are a bit too overt but overall it kept me reading and the story rolls along without any real need to get emotionally involved.
on 18 June 2013
Finally got round to finishing this book after getting started, and then distracted. Thoroughly enjoyed it, in the same way that I enjoyed his first book in this series, and very much look forward to the third book next year! Definitely recommend this book!
on 25 May 2013
This guy knows his computers! A thrilling story which mixes the Internet, terrorists, Iran's atomic bomb and China's rise in the world with old fashioned suspense. Makes me wonder how much we are being spied upon and our Internet activities being monitored.
on 14 January 2013
Overall a very readable book.
Some of the 'tech' probably goes too deep and some of the early action almost seems incidental.
The second half is a typical chase thriller which, like others, had an unsatisfying ending.
My biggest gripe is Mark's grasp on European (and Turkish) geography.
At least twice he refers to driving directly from Geneva into Italy (avoiding a long drive through Switzerland) - Google maps would help him notice that Geneva is bounded on three sides by France!
Also, Ankara to Iran on the TEM is (according to our friends Google) a 20+ hr drive - very unrealistic to hire a car in the morning and arrive in Iran the same day!
In short, worth a 99p deal, but too many factual errors for my liking.
on 7 February 2013
The first book I've read by Mark Russinovich. International cyber wars are very much in the news these days. Mark has captured those issues with evident knowledge all nicely wrapped up in a hard hitting fast paced action story.
on 25 January 2013
I thought that this book was an exciting though occasionally implausible tale. I would think that it would be a contender for a film treatment. Bang up to date as a cautionary tale about how vulnerable we all are in cyberspace.