5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read

2.0 out of 5 stars Hand for a Hand
Published 15 months ago by Penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read, 5 Dec 2012
J. A. Coull (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hand for a Hand (DI Gilchrist 2) (DI Gilchrist Series) (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book i have read about DCI Gilchrist and once again it was hard to put down. Again set in StAndrews it wasn.t long before the body parts started to turn up. It took you back and fro from Fife to Glasgow and really went along at a good rate. Again nail biting up until the very end. About to start reading the third book "A Tooth For A Tooth" Once again I recommend these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very gripping, 19 Mar 2013
This as usual was a very good read and I would recommend it to everyone . Very tense and exciting all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Enjoyable!, 19 Nov 2012
I bought this book immediately on finishing Eye for an Eye and read it in one great sitting! I am soo happy to have found TF Muir as I am an avid reader and always looking for great new (to me anyway) authors. I fully intend to buy every book he publishes from now on, they are superb.
This book picks up soon after the end of Eye for an Eye and we find Gilchrist still wrestling with the same personal and job related issues: ex wife estranged and dying of cancer; both children estranged or distant; guilt at neglecting them for the sake of the job; heavy drinking; difficult relationship with his immediate superiors. And then he gets partnered with an ex colleague that he hates above all else - the man who deflowered his much loved daughter aged 15!
Against this backdrop a nightmare case develops where body parts are delivered to St Andrews with cryptic notes attached (or etched) into them addressed to Gilchrist. His intuition leads him towards a dreadful raalisation that the victim is attached to his family (I am trying not to spoil the plot) and that the eventual victim is a family member. A race against time then ensues with Gilchrist unravelling as time runs out. There is an interesting subplot development of a burgeoning relationship with one of his female colleagues!!!
Really really good. Am now about to buy the third in the series and I can't wait!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hand for a Hand, 30 Mar 2013
Reading the synopsis I thought I had found a gem, following in the wake of Stuart Macbride and Ian Rankin. Unfortunately I was disappointed. I found the plot predictable and unconvincing. I finished the book hoping that things would get better, poor old Gilchrist had every conceivable horrible thing thrown at him and I was surprised he hadn't had a nervous breakdown by the end.
I won't be reading anymore T.F. Muir.

5.0 out of 5 stars More murder in St Andrews!, 7 Jan 2011
Frank Muir is a breath of fresh air! I really enjoyed an Eye for an Eye and was worried that Hand in Hand may be a bit of a let down. Not at all! The main character DI Gilchrist has another murder to solve - this time it's his son's artist girlfriend whose limbs are 'delivered' to him one by one with a cryptic note. As if that isn't enough his daughter Maureen gets tangled in to the web and is at serious risk. If you are familiar with St Andrew's you will probably find fault in some of the factual accuracies in the location, I'm not so it didn't bother me. An Eye for an Eye also takes us to Kirkintilloch and the Auld Aisle Cemetery - no issue with factual accuracy here and for those of us familiar with that spooky place (where I visited as a child), the atmosphere is charged! This book is pacy and and unputdownable - please please write faster Frank and get the next one out ASAP.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 28 Jun 2014
J. T. Williamson (uk england) - See all my reviews
Not a bad read worth reading but not my usual type of book but a good follow on from the last

5.0 out of 5 stars T.F.Muir, 10 Jun 2014
This is a really good read, If you are from Scotland and have been to St. Andrews you will enjoy the book even more as it is based these. Great stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 10 Mar 2014
Again I would recommend this book but read in the order they should be otherwise you will not know what is going on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 Feb 2014
From start to finish a fast paced thriller with interesting characters and plot. Looking forward to the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 17 Feb 2014
This was a present for my husband so he has not complained about the book so it must be good