5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product - Phiips quality shaving
After searching for a long time for replacement heads for my Philips shaver, I stumbled upon this product. It seemed too good to be true because I had not seen the heads on sale under £30 - whilst most high street shops retailed the same product at around £40. I'm sorry, but in this economic climate, I simply could not afford to pay full price.
The fact that these...
Published on 10 Nov 2012 by fighting_fitty

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
After reading all the reviews I decided to buy the replacement heads, however after giving them a chance for 1 week I have gone back to the original heads which are at least 5 years old. The new heads were very rough on the skin and did not give me nearly as close a shave as the old ones. In my opinion they were a total waste of money!
Published 17 months ago by william

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Shaving heads HQ8 HQ9 HQ177, new, alternative and suitable (fits) for Philips / Norelco shavers (Personal Care)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Feb 2013
They fit but no where near the performance of genuine replacements. Found that I was having to go over the same areas several times and felt much rougher while shaving. All in all taking much longer for worse results. Have gone back to genuine parts even if they are twice as much.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 31 Oct 2012
This item was promptly sent, but when I fitted it in my shaver, it was not satisfactory; it was a loose fit, and the shaver ran at reduced speed.
When I reported this to Amazon, however, the supplier was informed, and my purchase costs were promptly refunded.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, 18 Feb 2013
Nothing wrong with the quality of the product, it's just that they don't fit my Philips HQ9 Speed XL shaver. They appear to be too small and are not held in place by the plastic guard, so, unfortunately for me, I took a chance but came unstuck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product - Phiips quality shaving, 10 Nov 2012
The fact that these heads were brand new, sealed and claimed to fit my Philips HQ9 shaver was enough to convince me to give it a go. I'd never heard of shaver parts before, so I was a little apprehensive about the order, but decided to go ahead after visiting their website and reviewing some of the feedback.

I needn't have worried because the product was duly dispatched and arrived, well packaged, merely days later which was impressive. Full credit to Shaver Parts for delivery. So far, so good!

So, did the product fit and work efficiently? This was a critical point. Once opened, I fitted the three heads into my shaver and switched on - perfection. The entire shaver was quieter than before and the heads looked to be working as good, if not better than before. The shave was surprisingly close - I think the unique dual track design helped to achieve this. I was stunned at the quality of the shave and have now found a product that I am happy to admit I will continue to use. Shaver Parts is a genuinely unique company and I suspect that once everyone knows about them, they will continue to flourish. Why pay above and beyond an acceptable price for this product when Shaver Parts deliver an exceptional product at an affordable price.

Thanks Shaver Parts. I will definitely visit you again for future purchases and I urge any man who's fed up of high electric shaving costs to join the revolution and come directly to you.

*A lovely little business card was included in my delivery from Shaver Parts, which I thought was a nice, personal touch - it's things like that that can make all the difference in Customer Service, so I applaud the gesture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than what it says on the pack., 12 Nov 2012
For the money i was expecting a slightly inferior shave. How wrong i was. As mentioned elsewhere it has made the shaver quieter.
The most important bit to me was that it resurrected a fairly new shaver that made my face sore after every shave. I thought that
motor was spinning to slowly hence tearing my stubble. The manufacturer was not very interested in my plight and i was about to junk it.
When i saw the advert for these replacement shaver heads i thought it was worth a go for the money. Right i was. A very good shave is what i now get. Phillips should be grateful to you for enhancing there product. It highlights how overpriced the originals are ( which dont last very long).

Tim Peacock

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing replacement, 15 April 2013
G. Crowe (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
After only a few months of use my husband's Philips shaver was leaving his face feeing as though it had a severe rash, (his words). To add insult it didn't even look shaved, my view. I couldn't believe that your replacement heads could be much good considering the price. However we took the chance and bought them. What a pleasant surprise, well packaged,easy to fit and to my husbands delight and relief a brilliant shave and no pain. Thank you, when the time comes we shall use your shaver heads again. It has turned a poor shaver into a very good one. Just a quick click on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but check heads base properly on your shaver, as it may not be suitable., 10 Sep 2013
Good quality and fully operational, but check heads base properly on your shaver, as it may not be suitable.
My shjaver is a Phillips XL that uses HQ9, which has something like two ear drops brackets to the head, that attaches onto the shaver's top holder. These ones here, don't have that and do not become fixed onto my shaver.
Hence, be careful as the wording says, "suitable as HQ9" alternative.
Check your shaver and look at heads pictures before you buy.
I bought these heads and when I realised the issue, I had to buy the official HQ9 phillips heads and hence took on the additional expense.

2.0 out of 5 stars Alternative=No Not for me, 29 Jan 2014
T. E. Herbert (Roydon, Essex) - See all my reviews
I needed to buy new heads for my Philips so read all the reviews and decided to give these a try. They do not appear to be anywhere as good as the ones supplied about a year and a half ago with the razor. I found them a bit loose as when the razor is first turned on they 'CLICK' as if they are trying to find their ideal location to sit, which denotes to me that as a general replacement for a lot of razors they are not HQ8 exact.
I feel that I will 'have to bite the bullet' and buy the correct blades at the right price, penny pinching doesn't seem to work with these.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little bit grabby. Was offered free second set if I gave 5 stars, 6 Mar 2014
These heads aren't great. they fit ok, and function on a basic level, but they don't provide a good shave, and reach nowhere near the performance of the original Philips heads that came with my shaver.

Anybody who has had their face grabbed by a shaver before knows what I mean when I say these are a bit grabby.

Update: I was contacted by the seller via email, offering me a second set free on condition that I gave this product 5 stars, which may explain all the positive feedback for the product. Maybe not, but in any case, the offer was made to me.

Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days