on 15 January 2013
I recently purchased the Marley Chant portable speaker along with a MonsterBass portable speaker and personally, I am not impressed with the Marley Chant speaker, below I will list the pros and cons of the speaker to make it easier for people to understand what's good and what's not so good about this speaker.

----
PROS
----
~ Nice design
~ Easy to set up and use
~ Good quality sound*
~ Sturdy structure
~ Holds battery life

----
CONS
----
~ *Poor quality sound at higher volumes
~ Doesn't produce a lot of bass (In comparison to the other speaker I purchased £30.00 cheaper)

Despite the pros outweighing the cons, please bare in mind this is a speaker you are looking to purchase and the only two cons I have found both revolve around sound!

Overall I really like the Marley speaker, despite being disappointed with it, I think this is mainly down to the price. If it were cheaper, something like £25.00 I would've been much happier with it because at nearly £50 the Chant is nowhere near worth the money for what it is.

I hope this review helped you decide whether you want to purchase this speaker.

Kind Regards,
Adam
on 18 September 2013
Very light and good battery life of 8hours which takes 1hour to charge, has a pocket inside to put your charge lead and the 1m jack to jack lead, sound is good with a good sounding bass and voice tone. It also has a aluminium clip. Would recommend to any one as its still working as it was when I got it a year ago (been to 2 festivals with it) and perviously had a Gear 4 portable speaker which cost 35pounds and this cost me £50 pounds which was worth the extra 15 pounds cause it is much better and sound does not go down when running out of battery like with the gear 4 speaker.

Protective case 4.5 rating out of 5
Sound 5
Bass 5
Look 5
battery 5
Weight 5 rating
on 24 November 2012
I bought this today and I have to say for it's size and price this thing sure packs a punch. It may not have the volume to compete with a crowd but I purchased it for camping with for friends so the volume is great for it. If you do not want to spend hundreds on a pricey speaker system then this is the speaker for you.
And yes it does work with the iphone 5.
on 27 December 2012
sound good, took a while to get it sorted, instructions had no troubleshoot. son really likes the case and the fact he can carry it around with him.
on 9 February 2013
I bought this for my 13 year old son, he loves it.
The speaker is really nice looking and is easily fitted in a pocket.
I on the other hand know how much it cost and know that for the money it just doesnt sound good enough. The sound is quite tinny and lacking in any real bass or richness of sound.
If it had been half the price fair enough but for £45 I expect better.
I would advice anyone interested to try and listen to one and make your own mind up before parting with any hard earned cash.
on 7 November 2013
It's a brilliant speaker, good battery life, sounds really good, light weight, had everything in, worth the money.
I may add though that my partner tried it on his kindle, and then on the laptop and for some reason it doesn't seem to like spotify when you connect via 3.5mm jack.
on 16 March 2014
I found from the reviews people were complaining about the level of bass with this product, which isn't actually to do with the speaker but the device you are using, as I'm sure most people are using apple devices with the speaker because they are more popular for music playing. But I use my Sony Xperia Z which has Audio effect control and I found the bass level was fine :) plus the design is cool and the sound is clear, and the volume level is good, which is also down to what device you have connected it to due to volume restrictions.
on 4 February 2013
This is a great lil speaker sound quality is excellent and it packs a nice lil punch. It can go pretty loud and works great with any mp3 player. I use my cowon c2 on it so volume is pretty loud and with the mp3 players equaliser settings its even better. Ive also used my iphone on it to great effect although it is quite as loud but thats down to the iphone not the speaker itself. Crystal clear sounds and the lil carrier it comes in is great. Solid build design. Overall i highly reccomend it. My only gripe is that amazon still pack things (even electronics) in cardboard boxing and when it arrived the amazon box was soaked through and falling to pieces. Luckily the marley packaging is made from sturdier cardboard and the speaker was undamaged but still it was a great concern at the time. Anyhow this is my second house of marley product (i also have the positive vibe headphones which are unbelievable) and i definatly have no probs reccomending their products. Well built, great looking and most importantly fantastic sound quality. Thanks for reading :)
on 20 July 2014
Excellent speaker, I have out I through some rigorous testing on multiple scout camps and has lasted the whole camp without need of a charge, loud light and durable, no more is needed for a portable speaker, excellent buy
on 5 May 2014
This is perfect, it's loud, not too tinny (high end) enough bass which can be increased by putting inside a backpack or anything hollow, very loud outside and great quality (providing you use good quality mp3's)

See one answered question