5.0 out of 5 stars Different format, same great storytelling
This is the fourth book in the Marketplace series and I am still enchanted!

Published 13 months ago by Danielle Pegg

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, but well-written and engaging.
Published 16 months ago by Jack Thorne

5.0 out of 5 stars Different format, same great storytelling, 14 Oct 2013
Danielle Pegg (SOUTH BEND, IN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Academy (Paperback)
This is the fourth book in the Marketplace series and I am still enchanted!

While the other three books were pretty straight forward tales of the secret BDSM culture of The Marketplace, this one was a little bit different. Interlaced with the story of the characters we have all come to know and love (especially one Chris Parker!), there are other short stories weaved into the narrative brilliantly. They show the scope of the world outside of what can be seen in the small circle of characters who made up the first three books.

The sex is still hot, the variety of sexuality, gender, orientation, fetishes, kinks, etc, is dramatic and seems to cover just about anything you're looking for!

Though this is one of those books where you can't enjoy it to the fullest unless you've read the three that come before, I can't imagine why you would want to miss out on the beginnings of this intriguing world!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, but well-written and engaging., 31 July 2013
Jack Thorne (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Academy (The Marketplace Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
While the story kept me engaged all the way through and the characters are varied and interesting, I couldn't quite get on board with the way Antoniou treats BDSM very much as its own thing in this book (and the other Marketplace books I've read): as its own goal to aspire to and find perfection in, almost like a martial art, and certainly something separate from any romantic or affectionate relationships the masters and slaves involved might want to have. I'm not really interested in anyone's quest for Platonic kink perfection--I'm interested in the relationships between imperfect human beings, and felt I got too little of that for my linking.

5.0 out of 5 stars youve tried the rest? try this too :), 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Academy (Paperback)
such a good book. if you have followed the rest of the series this little insite shows the reader what ittakes to be a slave in bdsm and also what not to do in that respect, aka how to know when to go.

The Academy (The Marketplace Book 4)