5.0 out of 5 stars For those who care about holiness, 11 Jan 2013
Kevin DeYoung is concerned that there is a hole in our holiness. The hole is that we don't really care about it. We "don't take seriously one of the great aims of our redemption and one of the required evidences for eternal life."

In response to this perceived problem, he has written this excellent book, The Hole in our Holiness.

Over 10 chapters, he outlines some of the reasons as to why there is a hole in holiness, what holiness is, the many motivations that Jesus gives us to pursue holiness, that holiness is possible, and how we grow in holiness. I particularly appreciated the way he clears up some of the misunderstandings about what holiness is and isn't.

Jammed packed with Bible references that support what is written, The Hole in our Holiness is a great starting point for any believer thinking about this subject. Not only that, DeYoung writing style makes him both easy to read and interesting to read [I share his view on camping!]

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent and challenging, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Hole in Our Holiness: Filling the Gap between Gospel Passion and the Pursuit of Godliness (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book looking for something on the subject. I will keep it close and use it over and over to guide my scriptural study (since it is packed full of scripture). I don't think any book has stopped me in my tracks and challenged me so much before. Read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 18 April 2014
This is a very timely book on holiness, it deals with most issues that hinder us from following what
Christ has told us so plainly in the scriptures

5.0 out of 5 stars Putting holiness back on the agenda, 15 Sep 2013
The church needs this book, some of us will know joy because of it and the magnitude of God's goodness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic DeYoung, 12 Sep 2013
A much need, clear approach to the much neglected subject of personal holiness. The section on union with Cheist is excellent. Easy to read easy to understand. Encouraging for those who strive for holiness and a wake up call for those who are unaware of its necessity. A must read for all Christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Sep 2013
Great book to read, re-read, discuss and give away! You won't regret reading this book! Couldn't put it down! Thank you Dr Young!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec 2014
One of the best Christian books I have read. Thanks!