on 15 June 2013
Bought for my wife as middle range priced E reader to try. She finds it easy to operate and screen size is adequate, a bit onthe heavy side compared to a kindle.
on 20 August 2013
I bought this item because i wanted a large e-reader for someone with sight problems, it was impossible to read anything other than one book although others were listed, the manual sais "scroll down and choose a book" you could not scroll down, you could not scroll down the menu or the font sizes. i return the product at a further cost of £11.00 postage, and it was replaced, the replacement had the same problem, i have returned this 2nd product, more postage, if it replaced again and the same problem continues, no option but to give up. No understanding why the item has had this recurring fault, the help line just gives advice on how to return the item for a replacement
on 5 November 2013
The image in the add is misleading the eReader is much nicer and very slim when i ordered this i was waiting for some big ugly thing but i got this slim nice looking thing the eReader is very easy to use just plug into your Mac or PC and it looks like a harddrive and you add your books photos or videos and that is it no long time waiting for it to sync it uses ePub files just so other people know it does not take Amazon eBook files I'm very happy with this
on 23 August 2013
To be honest, this is very handy and works as mentioned. Unfortunately does not have touch screen, good battery
, fine display, media player, all in all good.
on 12 July 2013
Was bought this to help with reading as I am going blind, xxl font does help, but would have been nice to have had a bigger font or 2 to pick from. Also it didn't say it wasn't compatible with kindle books which I didn't realise until I bought 2 and then couldn't transfer them onto it. Have managed to find sites that sell EPUB books, but they are more expensive. So it would have been handy if it had said it wasn't compatible in the item description.
Overall though I do like the e-reader and although it could be better it still allows me to enjoy reading, at least for the time being.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2013
I have a kindle :) and I used it all the time but sometimes B&W isn't good enough for £39.99 this is great. I've put my comics and magazines on it, also PDF files from work. Battery life isn't as good as kindle. I've seen android tablet and e-paper large screens but so expensive.
Nice bright screen, NOT touch screen, NO camera, NO speaker, NO WiFi or internet. JUST nice 9" bright colour e-reader which reads various format including video and music.
on 19 December 2013
Bad image quality, only pdf and epub files are recognized (not rtf, doc, txt, html!!!!)

And one thing: I ORDERED BLACK&WHITE ARCHOS but COLOR (very bad quality of image and colour deep, so
I want and ordered the B@W model, due to thinking, that it will be more usable in reading plain texts).
on 3 July 2013
i find it very difficult to get the books onto the ereader , i still have books on my laptop that i cannot transfere , the instructions are poor . I know that i am hopeless with electric gadgets , but i asked a friend to help who is good with these things and she struggled .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2013
its perfect for is price good service en prompt delivry happy with it hope to do shopping next time greetings