on 6 May 2011
If you are very much an amateur gardener like me, this is the book for you. Alan Titchmarch is the best. He is down to earth (excuse the pun!) in his very clear and concise instructions. I feel much more confident now with Alan metaphorically looking over my shoulder and urging me on. There are some beautiful photographs throughout the publication, which have given me the incentive to persevere. This book, together with his "How to be a Gardener Book Two" are my gardening bibles from now on. If you buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 2 June 2013
I treat these small guides as a handy notebook when I can't be bothered getting out the weightier tomes.They are nice to look at when considering a particular theme but no depth of information
on 20 July 2011
This is the first of this series that I've bought. I chose it because I like Alan Titchmarsh' style of presentation and this book did not fail in that.
It's full of information and is an easy reference. Highly recommended for an inexperienced gardener.
on 8 January 2014
This is just what I wanted. Good clear information on many perennial plants. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves gardening.
on 19 December 2013
Bought this book for gardening ideas using perennial plants. Alan did not disappoint. The book is full of good ideas and information about various perennial plants. It is a great supplement to the RHS Encyclopedia of Perennials which I also purchased. Both are highly recommended.
on 23 October 2013
as always alan is an expert on gardening and this book is no exception. this book I recommend to the experience gardener to the novice. it is full of tips and information about all plants that you need excellent.
on 26 September 2013
Really good quality book - glossy photos and lots of practical advise.

Item just has advertised and arrived well within the delivery period give.

A+++++++
on 12 November 2013
This is a good book, it arrived on time and is very informative. I have referred to it many times over the past few months and have benefited from Alan's expertise.
on 3 May 2013
The book is well laid out with lots of pictures for those of us who do not know the Latin names and we have found it very useful in planning our new garden.
on 7 May 2016
Good book with some helpful tips about plants I'm growing for the first time, easy to follow, clear good pictures and I recommend for new gardeners.