on 3 January 2014
This is a great introductory to get started on the subject. It is not in depth, but has just enough information to pique interest. If you decide it's for you you can take it from there and if you don't, for 0.99p on kindle it's not broken any banks. The reference guide at the back for a selection of Power Animals, which makes up most of the book, is great for dipping in and out of. The main part of the book will take about half an hour/45 mins to read and basically explains what will happen in the guided meditation, what a power animal is and how to develop the relationship with your power animal.

To download the audio for the kindle version, scroll back to the very beginning of the book (the bit that the kindle always misses out) and it will give you an url to go to at Hay House Publishing and the relevant code needed to get the download. The Hay House website was a bit glitchy for me so I had to first register an account then go back to the provided url, log in as a registered user and was then able to download the audio. I use a mac and had to hold ctrl+cmd then click the mouse to get a drop down menu to save an mp3 file to my computer that I can now play on iTunes!
VINE VOICEon 7 May 2010
i bought this alongside the power animal cards by steven farmer. both are fine on their own, but i would advise against ordering these together as it is exactly the same info repeated in both (minus the CD in the card pack). otherwise a nice, easy-to-understand book.
on 11 August 2009
The CD is helpful, and relaxing (Shamanic drumming)as Steven Farmer helps you on your journey to meet your spirit animal, the book contains information about several animals and their relevance in your life, I love the book and CD
on 31 July 2014
Really sorry, I never give less than three stars for a book normally - if I rate it that low, then i just don't leave a review as it isn't fair to the author. However, with this I'm not denigrating the book itself - the little I was able to read was interestingly written. But. . . the content wouldn't work properly on my Kindle. The only way to read it was to constantly navigate from the contents, otherwise pages would refuse to turn, or would jump ahead to another section. Also, the audio content I downloaded from Hay house appears to be incomplete, consisting of only one short drumming/rattling track, not the several described in the book and required to perform the exercises. I know formatting for Kindle is hard, but this is the worst example I've come across. So sorry, I really am.
on 6 April 2011
Power Animals: How to Connect with Your Animal Spirit GuideStephen Farmer is experienced in Ancient Shamanic Techniques and Modern Psychological Methods. This makes for excellent CD, which is helpful in learning to contact your Power Animals. He has a deep and empathetic understanding of animals, their behaviour and lessons which we can learn from them. His writing and techniques are very accessible and easy to read and follow.
on 29 May 2014
I love this book, very informative- still find myself referring back to it every time I cross paths with an animal to discover what they are telling me :0)
on 12 October 2013
This is an adventure into the understanding of the part animals play in our world whether you are a watcher or a dreamer who wants to know, this is for the simple understandings of ancient knowings and can also be part of deeper shamanic ventures if you are so inclined.

I have used this a great deal and it has only been on the shelf for a few weeks.
on 6 March 2013
Easy to read and great size; this is a great book to dip in and out of and the illustrations are beautiful- and it comes with a CD. A gentle bit of guidance in a sometimes hard-work-world...
on 25 October 2014
Very insightful book ,meditations explained simply , simple concise language. I look forward to encountering my Spirit Animal/s ,it no CD as on kindle so ding it from the written pages.
on 26 November 2013
I love this book , easy instructions to connect with your power animal , I've found to my delight I have more than 2 that are with me on a daily basis I feel totally blessed