4.0 out of 5 stars Forget Grey, be Destined to Play
Up until the 50 shades trilogy sexual play seemed to be a taboo subject, but now it seems its being discussed on buses, trains, in the supermarket and even at the school gates.

Published on 7 Aug 2012 by Kirsty 'Love of a Good Book'

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable
It started with such promise that I was very disappointed. The storyline was totally unbelievable as was the leading female character Alexandra Blake, I found she had no backbone and was totally calm and happy in a situation that was ridiculous!
As for the leading man Jeremy Quinn he would literally have to be a god for me to do what he asks.
Overall a very...
Published 16 months ago by Pen Name

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
Overall a very bizarre book :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected!!!, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
I was majorly disappointed in this book and found it quite disturbing. It was a slow burner in the beginning and suddenly switched full throttle into a world we know about from reading other books but not a world we expected. I can't understand why Alex, the main women, would ever agree to being in that situation EVER with Jeremy. Ladies (and gents) if you've all read the same books as me, we all know about safe-words and this was missing! I felt that Alex had no choice or say in what was happening and it was very one sided and Jeremy had very strange views and ideas. Not everybody likes the same books but Destined To Play was very disappointing and i for one won't be rushing out to get the second book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget Grey, be Destined to Play, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)

With the hype of 50 shades it would be easy to make comparisons between that and Destined to Play but I won't because although Indigo Bloome explores sexual play in the story, Destined to Play reaches a whole new psychological level that 50 shades didn't.

Before I tell you about the story I want to make it clear that Jeremy the lead male is nothing like Christian Grey so if you plan on reading this in the hope of falling in love with a similar character, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. But pick this book up with an open mind and be prepared to follow two sexually experienced 30 something's who are ready to explore sexual play and take the whole experience to a new level.

With your greyspectations checked at the door, I shall now begin.

Destined to Play is Indigo Bloome's debut novel and is the first of the Avalon trilogy.

The story follows married mother of two Dr Alexandra Blake when she is reunited with her old lover Dr Jeremy Quinn, over drinks one evening Jeremy makes an offer to Alex which is both tempting and terrifying. Going on previous promises to Jeremy, Alex knows that this is something she cannot take lightly and if she agrees, she cannot renege on it later.

Jeremy proposes to take away one of Alex's senses for 48 hours, he wants her at a heightened state and she must surrender. Knowing Jeremy and how her body reacts to his touch, words and taste she agrees to his proposition.

For 48 hours she will give up her sight and ask no questions.....

What i really liked about this book is the fact that the characters have a history, which we learn about from Alex when she reminisces over old memories and fills us in on parts of their university days.

With both characters being doctors and the underlying story being that of a medical issue, the terminology at times means that I wouldn't classify it as an easy read but it is a really good read with a nail biting ending that will leave you eagerly anticipating the second book in the trilogy.

If you are ready for erotic fiction that will challenge the psyche and leave you viewing 50 shades (in parts) as if it was written by Beatrix Potter then, you are DESTINED TO PLAY

2.0 out of 5 stars Average read only, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
I thought the preview sounded really interesting so bought the book and
have just finished it. What starts out well with a good plot and strong male
and female characters loses all credibility about 40% in. Will try not to spoil it
but Alex agrees to become blind, deaf and mute and available to a.n others all
for the sake of a research!!!! Most incredible to me is that she didn't even get
slighty annoyed when she was drugged.
Both characters become less likeable or credible as the story unfolds.
This is not a good alternative to fsg fans in my humble opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
This book started out so promising but then just turned in to the ridiculous. I got half way through and just did not want to read any more but I am one of these people who read till the end because I've purchased it in the hope it may improve. It did not. I was so glad when I finished it I thought the whole story was a farce. If I could have given it no stars then I would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
Was eager to finish this but for all the wrong reasons ! Can,t be compared to fifty shades or Sylvia day series .

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
Didn't like this book at all and found it nothing like fifty shades. I did finish book but skimmed over half the pages as I thought it was a bit too much!!!!! Will not be buying the other ones in the series

1.0 out of 5 stars dull as dishwater, 24 Aug 2012
Well what can I say, the main characters, where dull, there was nothing to really hold on to with them, I felt no warmth from either, there seemed no real bond between them except medical experimentation and the sex scenes where ridiculous and again non personal(clinical). I found myself skip reading pages to find some substance but alas found none. I will not be moving on to any other of the trilogy. Oh and as for the cliffhanger ending totally predictable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
Ok - so if you liked Fifty Shades, you will like this - but be warned, this is more challenging than Fifty! It is better written and more complex - but this actually makes this far more real (and therefore more erotic!) in my opinion. The story centres around a medical hypothesis, and as such more complex wording is used to describe this - but not so much as it leaves you confused. I loved this book and have already pre ordered the next ones! Trust me - download and enjoy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts well then goes a bit crazy, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Destined to Play (Kindle Edition)
For a proper story try Christa and the Blacksmith by Paul La Soeur, it's coherent, engaging and beautifully written. Everything great erotica should be. This isn't.

Destined to Play