on 13 November 2013
Bought in the sale for a great price. Bit tricky to set up but once calibrated works easily, 8 yr old very happy and really enjoys being part of the game. Clever format puts the player in the game, which makes it more interesting. Totally different to little big planet - made a good change!
on 12 May 2013
Judging by the publicity which this had, I was waiting for a more enthusiastic game. From the moment the gamer reaches the end, it's enough. There is no desire to doing it again... It has the advantage in terms of price compared to the price in stores in Portugal and it came with Portuguese (european) language.
on 16 February 2013
opens up a whole new world of entertainnment for children and adults alike, not very long but engaging, and with the prospect of new games ,including some that will have an educational dimension, wonderbook should become a popular addition to the playstation household.
on 7 January 2013
The Book of Spells is an ideal present for any Harry Potter fan as our my 6 year old son and 8 year old daughter. The effects are very clever and really gets into the game and the world of magic. Brushing the leaves or wiping the dust off the book/ pages is very clever. The only down side is the children completed the book of spells far to quickly :0( as I was hoping for hours/ days/ weeks/ months of fun.
on 18 November 2012
Just finished chapter one it's amazing I've never seen anything like it before the wonder book is incredible so fun the move and the camera work brilliantly together this is a must have for all ages
on 26 December 2012
My Son (7) started playing this morning and is thrilled. You start by choosing your wand, then taking a moving magical picture. Afterwards the chapters start and you begin your first spell casting session with Wingardium Leviosa. The story proceeds with a history of each spell/charm which is delivered in a charming interactive popup book form which makes excellent use of the Wonderbook. Finally you face a challenge story where you get to put your new found magical ability to the test.

There also seems to be an option to connect the game to a Pottermore account which we'll explore later.

This may be a short game, however with the Wonderbook peripheral included this is a fair price to pay for any preteen with a love of anything Potter.
on 30 January 2013
This only cost about £20 so excellent value for money.
Its only been on once but i was very impressed with the graphics. takes a bit of time to get used to as you go through it page by page at first to learn the spell sayings and practice with the wand.
10 year old liked it as did dad. Im sure in time they will get many hours of fun with it.
on 26 December 2012
Most people will buy this for their potter mad children... I'm not a huge fan of Harry potter nor am I six, (24) I bought this game as a risk but for the price I thought it was worth it and it is!

I have played the first two chapters and its great! Much better than I expected! Learning to cast spells, solve puzzles and the stories are great, I can't fault it at all.

Very easy to set up (even for little people) and the book is really good quality, not thin and flimsy so should last to use with future releases.

I'm so pleased with this purchase and i have looked on line at future wonder book release titles and there is some promising games! It's a great buy for young and old and well worth it weather your a Harry potter fan or not.

I have notice a few people mention no camera or controller came with the pack,(for £20 you wouldnt expect it) there is a separate starter pack that can be bought for around £50 if you don't already own the camera and controller. So I'd make sure you buy the right one not to be disappointed.

Overall it's great!
on 10 January 2013
First I was a liitle bit sceptic about it, as I know that the eyecam of the PS3 isn't really good, we have Eyepet also and Yoostar2, not bad, but not great either. So having Wonderbook, I thought my kids would leave it after a couple of hours. To my big surprise, they play a lot with it. The camera detects the book very well, even during daylight, it react fantastic on every movement. The game is good, you can feel almost Harry Potter inside of you during playing it. And I am happy that some other titles will come out during 2013.
Great gift, especially as it cost 40% less than in my local store!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2013
Great buy, bought for my 9 year old daughter who was glued to it immediately. My only problem being is that within 2 days and not a huge deal of time on it, she had completed every spell in the book! A shame there is no game play attached to it?