5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Fusion5 xtra
I've been looking at this for months and had originally thought about the 9.7. Looking at my laptop and at the keyboard case the xtra seemed better and it has a slightly more up to date version of android. Still not completely convinced about the xtra rather than the premium, but I'll get used to it. Tablet arrived within 4 days. Had a couple of questions and A1CS...
Published on 10 July 2012 by Mr. R. Saunders

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
I purchased this last year in November as a Christmas gift, so the recipient did not open this until Christmas Day. Since then I have had to return it twice and the company have also sent an SD card to reboot back to factory settings. I am still waiting on it being returned after the 2nd time of sending it.
When it works it is fine, however it seems to have a mind...
Published 9 months ago by H. M. Gibson

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Technically isolated - me, not the tablet., 12 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Saltburn, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A1CS FUSION5 XTRA Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0.4 ICS - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 1GB RAM - - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - SLIMMER N LIGHTER THAN FUSION5 TABLET -Supports BBC Iplayer.
I can only give four stars as the tablet is not perfect, excellent, yes and after six weeks use it appears value for money.

At 80 years of age I am frequently isolated from modern technology and do not have other items to compare the value of technical purchases. The tablet appears to be working well (battery has a shorter life than advertised) and I spend very much less time on my computer due to the tablet's portability. I know without doubt that I do not know sufficient to get the full value from technical items such as tablets. I also do not know whether a less than perfect performance is par for the course or a genuine failure. For example, why can I not get BBC iPlayer to sync voice with lips?

I believe that I have made a good purchase but I wish that the tablet came with a more comprehensive user manual - I understand the word intuitive but not its computer practice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion Xtra 10.1 inch tablet, 26 July 2012
Received this within 3 days, although could have been earlier(2 days with the post office)!! User guide not brilliant, refers to a esc button that does not appear to be there. however I found it very intuitive and soon found my way around. I did have a problem linking to my computer but this was soon resolved by A1CS customer support (within the hour). All in all this tablet is excellent value (a fraction of the price of an iPad and the like)and although I have only had it for a few days it seems to do everything I wanted from a tablet - would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fusio5 Extra, 7 July 2012
I bought this last week because I wanted to upgrade from a Nats 7", which by the way is a really excellent tablet but not big enough a screen for me.
Anyway, it's really top class. No, it's not an Ipad, but I never wanted an Ipad. What's the point when they constrain you with propriety control every where you look.
The Fusion Extra is lightweight, fast, great display, easy to use, (obviously you have the Android software to thank for that) and does everything a tablet can and should do.
All in all, well worth the price and it works even better with a screen protector on it. If I had a gripe, it would be that the case with the keyboard built in, does not fit the Fusion Extra properly, the case is too big so the tablet moves about a couple of mils as you carry it around. Also, the mains power connection cannot be plugged in to the tablet if it is in the case. The side clip that holds the tablet in on one side, is right over where the power connection is, crappy case design if you ask me.
I'm trying to find a normal case for it but no luck yet. The touch keyboard is easily good enough, you don't need an extra one in the carry case.
Other than that, I recommend the Fusion5 Extra to anyone who does not want or need an Apple.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 2 Jun 2013
Maybe I have a duff one but I would not be able to recommend this tablet to anyone, it is unbelievably slow and when it does eventually open a web page it tells me that web page is not responding even though it has, this is not a one off, it happens every time, it crashes for a pastime and sometimes just shuts itself down for no apparent reason. I feel cheated but I can't afford a replacement just yet, next time I will do my homework first!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tablet!!, 25 Sep 2012
Well what can I say about this Tablet?
After much deliberating and visiting high street shops over a period of about 6 months! (yes I am a fussy shopper, both for quality and value). I kept coming back to the fusion5xtra on Amazon comparing it to things like Samsung Galaxy Tab which was too expensive and the cheaper Archos / Arnova range (same price bracket as the Fusion5xtra).
So, I then decided I was getting an A1CS tablet, due to both being tired of looking and the reviews on Amazon were too good to ignore, and A1CS tablets are within my budget, but which one to get? At the time the premium plus was out of my price range (185), the fusion 5xtra was (155) and the Fusion premium was surprisingly cheaper (at 145), however after reading the reviews for the premium (not the premium+)and possible wifi issues maybe due to the metal back (as per some but not all reviewers), I decided the safest bet for me would be the Fusion5xtra.
So I ordered it on Monday afternoon, and it was delivered well packaged on the Wednesday afternoon. Upon return from work I put it on charge for the recommended 7 hours so that I could use it the next day.
Upon switch on the tablet burst into life with the Android ICS operating system (which I am not familiar with) and within an hour I was busy personalising it and downloading apps etc. The screen is bright, the screen is responsive, and everything works as it should, the sound is great too for such a small speaker system (on the back). The Tablet itself looks great, very slim, with a white heavy duty plastic back. The tablet has an overall feel of quality to it, similar to tablets in the 300-400 price bracket!

I have had an issue with flash not working on the stock browser (and opera mini), and after emailing A1CS through amazon they got back to be straight away (confirming their great customer service reputation). They recommended I reset the unit to factory settings, this resolved some issues with the flash player (particularly with sky news website, but not at all with BBC news / other sites)(flash also remained on the tablet even after the reset so it is not an issue that this tablet cant receive flash content as its stored permanently in the protected portion of the tablets drive, so you cant delete it by mistake even after a reset!).
However I then came across a fix by downloading the free Dolphin browser from google play store and this resolved all my issues with flash (which is pre installed in the tablet, it just seems that the stock browser and opera currently have "issues" with flash on android due to adobe not providing updates for android at the moment (google adobe flash support for android for further info). But like I say this tablet already has flash on it so no need to worry about it, just swap the default browser (in my case) for dolphin and the problem is sorted.

Everything else (including the now resolved flash issue) works like a charm, also no worries about running out of space because the internal 16gb hard/flash drive is split (4GB for the operating system / 12 or so GB for all your apps internally), then just add an external (up to 32GB) micro SD for all your films / music etcetera.

To summarise, this is a fantastic tablet and I am so pleased I bought it, it punches well above its price bracket, looks / feels and operates fantastically. No support as yet for Jellybean on it, but ICS as an operating system is in my opinion great as it is.

I am also awaiting the arrival of a 32gb mSD card and the phoenix 2 tablet case (other reviewer on amazon bought one for A1CSF5xtra and says it fits perfectly, as the one i bought with it (keyboard version) is a little too big due to the slimness / widescreen dimensions on the tablet.

So if you have any (unfounded) doubts about this great tablet they will all melt away when you receive yours. BUY ONE! You wont be disappointed!!!

3 months on...Just to update on this Tablet (I am still impressed) A1CS are the best company I have have ever dealt with, Had a problem with the unit not charging (as can happen with any electronic product), one email and a new charger was in the post, no hassle whatsoever, only downside was I was without this fantastic unit for a day or so (didnt realise how much I used it!). This company are simply the BEST for customer service. A1CS you get my vote every time, and will buy any future products from you and recommend A1CS and their products to as many people as possible, simply the best! btw tablet knocks spots off some of the big brand names (friends wish they had bought one of these instead of buying the "labels"). So you get a great product, FANTASTIC SUPPORT!!! A1CS you guys ROCK!! and I will support your company forever!!! One happy customer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 25 Nov 2013
Don't don't don't waste your money on this. I bought one last November but it has never worked properly and is now totally useless. It has been returned twice for repair and I was given 2 more useless suggestions. After the first time in April it was better but in September the whole screen went 'mad' and was unusable. They said it could be the charger so sent me another one but that didn't help. So back it went again at a cost of 8+ for postage. When I received it back I opened the package and the screen read 'encryption unsuccessful' and still wouldn't work. I contacted them again and they sent me a boot card. This didn't work so I was asked to return it again for yet another repair. I didn't want to do this as it was obviously faulty from the start but they refused to offer me any kind of refund.
All they have done is fob me off with second-rate repairs until the guarantee time ran out and then asked me to pay for the next repair. There is no phone number available so I haven't been able to speak to anyone in person.
It would be far better to pay a little bit more and get a well-known brand from a company that values it's customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars BOASTS A LOT AND DELIVERS NOTHING, 14 Oct 2012
Tablet arrives quickly and charged as recommended overnight. Booting up took a while but was up and running after approx 1 hour (updating Google play and downloading apps etc) Then the problems started. The Tablet kept freezing, turning itself off, refusing to boot up without being on mains supply and whilst typing, random letters would be inserted. I contacted the suppplier and they suggested I reset the unit. Hoping the unit would now behave itself, I powered up and began using it only to find all the problems still remained. The unit was reset 3 times, the problem still remained. Customer services stated the charger was faulty and was replaced by return post. Fully charged again - grrr, problem remained. I was ready to launch the Tablet through the nearest window! Customer services contacted again to request a full refund plus cost of returning item. 2 days later I received a full refund and a full apology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Support, 7 July 2012
Bazzar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A1CS FUSION5 XTRA Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0.4 ICS - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 1GB RAM - - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - SLIMMER N LIGHTER THAN FUSION5 TABLET -Supports BBC Iplayer, flash 11 and Skype Video Chat

I chose this device as it seemed to meet my spec., be excellent value for money, and judging from the reviews supported by good customer service.

Due to an understandable error in the advert ( since rectified ), it didn't actually meet my spec.

I contacted A1CS who got back to me just over a day later ( over a weekend too ), asking for my phone number to call me.
The next day, today, they first called me whilst I was on a train, so we agreed for them to call back later, which they did ( already one significant step up the customer service ladder than many businesses ).
They quickly worked with myself and their own technical people to clarify the wording of the advert to avoid any future problems.
They offered me several acceptable options to choose from to rectify my situation.

I was very pleased that they were able to offer me another device as I was very impressed with the build quality of this device, and even more so with their customer service so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet for an "oldie"!, 30 Oct 2012
I bought this tablet after doing quite a lot of research and I must say that it lives up to most of the 5-star comments and reviews already published. I had a "play" with a friend's iPad while on holiday and was impressed but couldn't justify spending that amount of money on what is, to me, as a 70+ "oldie", a toy, so I plumped for the Fusion5 instead. I find the screen sharp and clear and the apps load quickly. My one criticism is that I sometimes have problems with using the touch screen; sometimes it responds immediately and at other times I have to tap it several times to get any action - but that is probably down to me.

My grandchildren, when they visit, love to use it and it keeps them occupied for hours. Of course they download apps that they are interested in and, so far, there is plenty of storage space for us all. I have not yet tried a mini SD card but will get around to it soon, neither have I tried the cameras, but all these things will be explored in due course.

For emails and for serious correspondence and research I still use my faithful old PC but when I settle down in the evening to watch TV the Fusion5 is always handy - my favourite app so far is the Sudoku one.

I would certainly recommend the Fusion5 to anyone who is thinking of a tablet and the delivery from A1CS was astonishingly fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 20 April 2013
I'm glad I never wrote a review when I first purchased this item because within the first weeks it was fine, since then I have a different opinion , this item as simple as it should be is rubbish , first of all it is taken me ages to write this review, it keeps freezing and sticking . The iternet ,I'm runing in a very good wifi connection is rubbish its be
en running all day trying without success to connect to facebook , wish I had of went with the kindle .

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›