5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent....
Published on 12 July 2012 by Kezzidog

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
I purchased this last year in November as a Christmas gift, so the recipient did not open this until Christmas Day. Since then I have had to return it twice and the company have also sent an SD card to reboot back to factory settings. I am still waiting on it being returned after the 2nd time of sending it.
When it works it is fine, however it seems to have a mind...
Published 8 months ago by H. M. Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent...., 12 July 2012
This review is from: A1CS FUSION5 XTRA Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0.4 ICS - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 1GB RAM - - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - SLIMMER N LIGHTER THAN FUSION5 TABLET -Supports BBC Iplayer.
I bought this for my good wife as she was always complaining i am hogging the computers at home...(I am an IT network engineer and she thinks im playing angry birds all day!!!) I really didn't want to spend a fortune on something that is basically to be used for browsing and games. I looked at 7" tablets, and to be honest they did not appeal whatsoever.....then looked at the 10" inch tabs available and was surprised to see the prices at 270+. I spoke to the one of the guys at work and he told me about A1CS, as he bought one for his daughter and sang its praises. I looked at the tabs A1CS had to offer, and decided the FUSION5 XTRA was the one to get. I was not disappointed, on presenting it to my good lady, she thought i got her an iPad....I had to show her how to set it up and use, but after 3-4 hours she had the grip of it. I would highly recommend this product, a friend has the Samsung and straight away he was defending his tab (you cant make phone calls etc....who wants to have an 8" phone....?). The build quality is A1, screen quality is A1.

Pros....
Price...you wont get better for the money
Newest android version
Ease of use
No massive data bills!

Cons...
The back camera is only 2mp, but then you aren't buying a camera
The battery life isn't the best-4-6 hours
Ummmm-----thats it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 15 July 2012
We have been looking for a tablet for the kids to play with and general use at home when a very tech savy friend recommended the A1CS 5 extra. We were not disappointed, the tablet looks and works great. The screen is crystal clear and the android system is intuitive and easy to use. 20 minutes out of the box and all the 'usual' app suspects were up and running; facebook, youtube, skype, amazon, lovefilm, bbc news and iplayer. Battery life is good and the camera's are fine for skype. At more than half the price of the top end of the tablet market the A1CS 5Extra delivers well above what its modest price tag would suggest I would recommend it to any and all. (Now all I have to do is to work out how to get it back off the girls....)

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Fusion5 xtra, 10 July 2012
Mr. R. Saunders (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been looking at this for months and had originally thought about the 9.7. Looking at my laptop and at the keyboard case the xtra seemed better and it has a slightly more up to date version of android. Still not completely convinced about the xtra rather than the premium, but I'll get used to it. Tablet arrived within 4 days. Had a couple of questions and A1CS answered them quickly and well. USBs are different, so the keyboard only works off one, which means because of where the holding tabs are on the keyboard case I have to have the tablet 'up-side-down'. But of course this doesn't make any real difference. The question about the sound and return swithces seems to be true, not really sure what they do, but it isn't sound, not that this matters because you can do the sound from the screen. If you're familiar with android then it all makes sense. There was a capacitive pen with the tablet, which compensates for the resisitive one that comes with the keyboard. I've also added a 32g micro sd card - great value on amazon. I also got a neoprene carry case, which is a little flimsy. I have paid to download quickoffice pro hd as I want to be able to work on word and powerpoint documents and look at pdfs. Easy to do, relatively cheap about 12. I'm only beginning to get to grips with android, but I've worked out how to download files and apps and so far had no problems. All in all I'd have to say that this represents fantastic value. Once you get used to the slower (than windows)OS and browser (I downloaded dolphin on the basis of on-line recommendations) then it really is a remarkable piece of kit. I'd like to put it up against a 300+ machine to see if there really is much of a difference. Having looked at the numerous less than 3 star reviews for pretty much every other tablet, including some that are very well-known brands I can't really recommend this enough. Buy and rest assured that you've got the biggest bargain out there from a very good company, and there aren't many of those around in the technology sector.

UPDATE: recently left my power cable on a train. Contacted A1CS to ask about the cost of buying a new one. They just sent me a really quick and incredibly nice email and two days later a new cable arrived for free. If only more companies offered this level of customer service - truly outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Support, 7 July 2012
C. Hughes (England) - See all my reviews
This is not a full review just some comment.

I purchased this for my next door nabour (74 years old) as his first PC/Tablet as he still uses one off the old word processors with floppy disks and a very small screen. (forgot the name)

It connected to my home BT home hub OK though two rooms into his flat so no problems with the wifi (Just).

One of the USB ports is for external Keyboard or other device the other one is for Tablet to PC so does not work for normal USB devices.

The stock android browser as shipped is crap (lots of waits or OK popups) so advised by A1CS support to use Opera Mobile browser instead, it now works fast and the flash Youtube works as well
This means that the Google search at the top of the home page is also slow so use Opera instead.

I tried the Maxthon Browser first but it just crash all the time.
Installed Kingsoft Office and it works OK with the Leather like external Keyboard.
A Note on the keyboard, the right hand clip thing hides the USB port and charger hole, so I bent it back and put a bit of Velcro on the back of the Tablet to hold it in place, no problem as it all works OK.

The touch screen was very hit and miss with my finger so I got a pack of 3 cheap Stylus from Amazon (2.99) and these are great. The screen is very responsive with these.

Set up to print to my HP eprinter vier eprint email and that worked OK. Office .doc attachment print OK using this method.
Installed BBC iPlayer and it worked OK.
Installed Skype and tested it again my PC and that worked OK allthough it shut down his vidio to my PC due to weak signal (Well the tablet is next door)

All in all given the price paid I have given this product a five star as the browser problems are with android not A1CS and they do give email support.
For G3 users I think the G3 Myfi hub would be a better bet than a usb dongle as it is a wifi hotspot so should just work with the standard tablet wifi.

Delivery was next day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 2 Dec 2013
H. M. Gibson - See all my reviews
When it works it is fine, however it seems to have a mind of it's own and does it's own thing. It refuses to download apps, it switches between screens on it's own, it keeps freezing and also the keyboard becomes unresponsive.
Due to the problems I have had with this I have requested the warranty be extended on it and the company have refused. They have also refused to reimburse postage to return, although in an earlier email they did say they would if applicable. Whatever that meant, they knew when it was purchased and it's fault history.
Also, can I give a word of warning to people who use their credit card thinking they will be covered under section 75 of the consumer act. Your not. If you buy a product through Amazon marketplace then you are not covered as the sale has to be directly between you, the company and the credit card company. If not for this I was advised by the credit card company I would have had a case. Also Amazon were absolutely useless in this respect. They would not answer the simple question of why they did not make this clear to people when purchasing through marketplace.
My experience with this tablet and also the lack of customer service with this company means I will certainly, not knowingly, deal with them again. So buyer beware. I will stick with brand names from now on and also buy direct from the company if goods are more than 100. Hopefully my experience may help other buyers in their choices before buying one of these.

I have added this on the 21/12/13. This tablet has again stopped working after being repaired twice and also the company sending an SD card to re-boot it. Piece of crap, please avoid this at all costs. When I first bought this the company were excellent to deal with, don't know if they have changed hands but the customer service is now appalling. When I returned the faulty item for a second time they said they would refund the postage for this. They then reneged say they do not refund postage if tablet is more than 180 days old. Buy one at your own peril!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk, 12 Oct 2013
A. Steit - See all my reviews
This is the worst tablet on the market. Flimsy and cheap.
started to have problems with it after the first month. First sent a booting SD for the system but never worked and was re-sent twice but dealt with amateur technical support team to fix.
Should have been replaced or refunded but not, even resent back to me without the charger.
Technical problems: the Screen is slow in response to touch, uneven brightness and plenty of burnt pixels after first few weeks.
Charging is hard task where the DC charger is flimsy and loose after few time of plugging same happened for the HDMI and USB (one was not working after sent for the magnificent technos to fix)takes a day to charge and loses it it about 70 mins
Software freezes and have to reset.
Best award of Rip Off
Do not be deceived by the positive feedbacks,
SIMPLY DO NOT COME NEAR IT, DO NOT DARE THINK ABOUT IT

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS is A!, 19 July 2012
Well done A1CS,so far it has been a pleasure to do business with you. Item as described and speederly delivered, well within the time stated, in fact 4days and that included the week-end.Its a nice looking tablet and found my wifi connection in quick time. Its downloads effortlessly, I have already downloaded several games and found the apps already on the tablet very useful. As I have only had this item for a few days I cannot comment on its reliability, but if it performs as good as the customer service, then it will be a bargin. I had a concern about the battery so I contacted the customer service who replied within half an hour.They said and I quote WITH REGARDS TO THE BATTERY CHARGE, PLEASE USE TABLET UNTIL IT DISCHARGES AND CHARGE THE TABLET BY POWERING OF THE TABLET COMPLETELY. IT WOULD USUALLY TAKE 5-6 POWERCYCLES FOR THE TABLET TO GET FULL CHARGING. Hope that helps

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tablet - though i got one 'with issues'!, 14 Sep 2012
Like most other reviewers, i pondered and researched loads of android tablets before settling for this one.

The reasons? Great value for money, a 10" (wide)screen and loads of positive reviews.

It arrived within 2 days and i was chuffed to bits - charged it - powered it up and Wa-Hey!! amazing!

I was after something that delivered an iPad like experience without the premium price tag - and without lots of the iPads drawbacks. (while i accept that Apple make gorgeous devices, the cost, itunes and not being able to swap SD cards etc make this much better value IMHO)

My tablet had 3 'blurry circles' on the left hand side that moved when holding the tablet in your left hand. (imagine pressing on your flatscreen monitor/TV and you'll see what i mean) I took this to be a symptom of everything being so tightly packed in the casing that caused pressure in some areas of the screen.

I mailed A1CS and they offered to take it back straight away for replacement. Everything else worked fine, and it was barely noticable, so i put up with it.

The longer i used it - the more trouble i had with the screen. Angry Birds was impossible as the screen randomly let go of the birds. Scrolling through lists was a bit haphazard as it would randomly "select" where i was swiping instead of scrolling. I persevered though (partly because of the time i'd spent installing apps and getting it set up how i wanted it!)

After around a week - it randomly reset itself - showing an error message that something was corrupted and did a hard re-set. I lost all of the data and photo's etc that were on it.

Cursing my luck - i started again, only for it to do another random factory reset a couple of days later.

I contacted A1CS again, and to their credit they offered a repair/replacement device if i wanted to send it back.

I have now returned it. Rather than chance another one - i have now ordered the Premium+ model (190)as soon as i've had a play with that i'll add a review on that page.

To sum up - terrific machine and great value. Perhaps i was unlucky and got one with the odd 'quality control' issue.

A1CS were fantastically brilliant and offered a full refund with no quibbles.

Should you buy one of these? Yes you should - it does everything you'd expect and more and at this price point, is absolutely superb... But only 3 stars from me as i can't rate it too highly when i had to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion extra, 20 July 2012
Mr. John Conlin "jconlin" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Just bought this Tablet for my son as a reward for doing well in his College Course,since he's got it, he's not been off it, He already has an android phone so he was very comfortable using it straight away. Not being that computer savy myself I sat and watched him load all sorts of stuff on it and it looked very easy, he is very happy with it and has been raving about it all day.

I was going to buy myself an I Pad 3 over the coming weekend so did a bit of research today to find what one would be the best for me to buy, however after asking the guy in Curry's to tell me why they are better than an Android tablet he struggled to come up with anything other than I Pad Apps are checked for virus before being used where Google ones aren't and that the screen on the I Pad is the best ever on a mobile device. However on returning home I sat for a while and played about with the Fusion Extra that I had bought for my son and I have decided that for what I would use it for I could not justify paying for an I-Pad 3 when the Fusion seems to do just about everything the I Pad does and certainly everything I would need it to do, so I will be ordering one for myself today. Only issue I have now is that my sixteen year old has saw his older brothers and has asked if he can get one if his exam results are good when they come in the first week of August. In saying that I Could buy three of these for not much more than I would pay for an I-Pad 3.

I also bought the leather case with with typing pad and Pen which according to my son makes it much easier to use for sending e mails etc and it certainly looks good value for money as it isn't expensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't even look at any other tablets, 19 Sep 2012
We bought this tablet as a cheap option to demonstrate a product which we sell that can be controlled by an Android or iPhone App.
Having read all the good reviews, I persuaded my boss to let me buy this rather than spend a small fortune on an iPAD or Samusung Galaxy Tab as we are only using it to demonstrate a single App.

Not only does it do everything that's promised and a few more things besides but I tried plugging in 3G internet dongles from both "3" and "O2" and they both worked immediately without a problem.

On arrival I was absolutely delighted with the performance and features of this device. I can't believe that such a good device can be available for such a low price, and from a UK company too!

I did have a slight problem in that after a couple of days, the tablet refused to work without being plugged into the mains, even though it said the battery was fully charged. A1CS lived up to their support reputation by immediately authorising a return and they despatched a replacement immediately upon receipt.

I'm so impressed that I've now ordered one for my own use.