5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent....
Published on 12 July 2012 by Kezzidog

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tablet - though i got one 'with issues'!
Like most other reviewers, i pondered and researched loads of android tablets before settling for this one.

The reasons? Great value for money, a 10" (wide)screen and loads of positive reviews.

It arrived within 2 days and i was chuffed to bits - charged it - powered it up and Wa-Hey!! amazing!

I was after something that delivered an iPad...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent...., 12 July 2012
This review is from: A1CS FUSION5 XTRA Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0.4 ICS - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 1GB RAM - - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - SLIMMER N LIGHTER THAN FUSION5 TABLET -Supports BBC Iplayer.
I bought this for my good wife as she was always complaining i am hogging the computers at home...(I am an IT network engineer and she thinks im playing angry birds all day!!!) I really didn't want to spend a fortune on something that is basically to be used for browsing and games. I looked at 7" tablets, and to be honest they did not appeal whatsoever.....then looked at the 10" inch tabs available and was surprised to see the prices at 270+. I spoke to the one of the guys at work and he told me about A1CS, as he bought one for his daughter and sang its praises. I looked at the tabs A1CS had to offer, and decided the FUSION5 XTRA was the one to get. I was not disappointed, on presenting it to my good lady, she thought i got her an iPad....I had to show her how to set it up and use, but after 3-4 hours she had the grip of it. I would highly recommend this product, a friend has the Samsung and straight away he was defending his tab (you cant make phone calls etc....who wants to have an 8" phone....?). The build quality is A1, screen quality is A1.

Pros....
Price...you wont get better for the money
Newest android version
Ease of use
No massive data bills!

Cons...
The back camera is only 2mp, but then you aren't buying a camera
The battery life isn't the best-4-6 hours
Ummmm-----thats it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 15 July 2012
We have been looking for a tablet for the kids to play with and general use at home when a very tech savy friend recommended the A1CS 5 extra. We were not disappointed, the tablet looks and works great. The screen is crystal clear and the android system is intuitive and easy to use. 20 minutes out of the box and all the 'usual' app suspects were up and running; facebook, youtube, skype, amazon, lovefilm, bbc news and iplayer. Battery life is good and the camera's are fine for skype. At more than half the price of the top end of the tablet market the A1CS 5Extra delivers well above what its modest price tag would suggest I would recommend it to any and all. (Now all I have to do is to work out how to get it back off the girls....)

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Fusion5 xtra, 10 July 2012
Mr. R. Saunders (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been looking at this for months and had originally thought about the 9.7. Looking at my laptop and at the keyboard case the xtra seemed better and it has a slightly more up to date version of android. Still not completely convinced about the xtra rather than the premium, but I'll get used to it. Tablet arrived within 4 days. Had a couple of questions and A1CS answered them quickly and well. USBs are different, so the keyboard only works off one, which means because of where the holding tabs are on the keyboard case I have to have the tablet 'up-side-down'. But of course this doesn't make any real difference. The question about the sound and return swithces seems to be true, not really sure what they do, but it isn't sound, not that this matters because you can do the sound from the screen. If you're familiar with android then it all makes sense. There was a capacitive pen with the tablet, which compensates for the resisitive one that comes with the keyboard. I've also added a 32g micro sd card - great value on amazon. I also got a neoprene carry case, which is a little flimsy. I have paid to download quickoffice pro hd as I want to be able to work on word and powerpoint documents and look at pdfs. Easy to do, relatively cheap about 12. I'm only beginning to get to grips with android, but I've worked out how to download files and apps and so far had no problems. All in all I'd have to say that this represents fantastic value. Once you get used to the slower (than windows)OS and browser (I downloaded dolphin on the basis of on-line recommendations) then it really is a remarkable piece of kit. I'd like to put it up against a 300+ machine to see if there really is much of a difference. Having looked at the numerous less than 3 star reviews for pretty much every other tablet, including some that are very well-known brands I can't really recommend this enough. Buy and rest assured that you've got the biggest bargain out there from a very good company, and there aren't many of those around in the technology sector.

UPDATE: recently left my power cable on a train. Contacted A1CS to ask about the cost of buying a new one. They just sent me a really quick and incredibly nice email and two days later a new cable arrived for free. If only more companies offered this level of customer service - truly outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Support, 7 July 2012
C. Hughes (England) - See all my reviews
This is not a full review just some comment.

I purchased this for my next door nabour (74 years old) as his first PC/Tablet as he still uses one off the old word processors with floppy disks and a very small screen. (forgot the name)

It connected to my home BT home hub OK though two rooms into his flat so no problems with the wifi (Just).

One of the USB ports is for external Keyboard or other device the other one is for Tablet to PC so does not work for normal USB devices.

The stock android browser as shipped is crap (lots of waits or OK popups) so advised by A1CS support to use Opera Mobile browser instead, it now works fast and the flash Youtube works as well
This means that the Google search at the top of the home page is also slow so use Opera instead.

I tried the Maxthon Browser first but it just crash all the time.
Installed Kingsoft Office and it works OK with the Leather like external Keyboard.
A Note on the keyboard, the right hand clip thing hides the USB port and charger hole, so I bent it back and put a bit of Velcro on the back of the Tablet to hold it in place, no problem as it all works OK.

The touch screen was very hit and miss with my finger so I got a pack of 3 cheap Stylus from Amazon (2.99) and these are great. The screen is very responsive with these.

Set up to print to my HP eprinter vier eprint email and that worked OK. Office .doc attachment print OK using this method.
Installed BBC iPlayer and it worked OK.
Installed Skype and tested it again my PC and that worked OK allthough it shut down his vidio to my PC due to weak signal (Well the tablet is next door)

All in all given the price paid I have given this product a five star as the browser problems are with android not A1CS and they do give email support.
For G3 users I think the G3 Myfi hub would be a better bet than a usb dongle as it is a wifi hotspot so should just work with the standard tablet wifi.

Delivery was next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS is A!, 19 July 2012
Well done A1CS,so far it has been a pleasure to do business with you. Item as described and speederly delivered, well within the time stated, in fact 4days and that included the week-end.Its a nice looking tablet and found my wifi connection in quick time. Its downloads effortlessly, I have already downloaded several games and found the apps already on the tablet very useful. As I have only had this item for a few days I cannot comment on its reliability, but if it performs as good as the customer service, then it will be a bargin. I had a concern about the battery so I contacted the customer service who replied within half an hour.They said and I quote WITH REGARDS TO THE BATTERY CHARGE, PLEASE USE TABLET UNTIL IT DISCHARGES AND CHARGE THE TABLET BY POWERING OF THE TABLET COMPLETELY. IT WOULD USUALLY TAKE 5-6 POWERCYCLES FOR THE TABLET TO GET FULL CHARGING. Hope that helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion extra, 20 July 2012
Mr. John Conlin "jconlin" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Just bought this Tablet for my son as a reward for doing well in his College Course,since he's got it, he's not been off it, He already has an android phone so he was very comfortable using it straight away. Not being that computer savy myself I sat and watched him load all sorts of stuff on it and it looked very easy, he is very happy with it and has been raving about it all day.

I was going to buy myself an I Pad 3 over the coming weekend so did a bit of research today to find what one would be the best for me to buy, however after asking the guy in Curry's to tell me why they are better than an Android tablet he struggled to come up with anything other than I Pad Apps are checked for virus before being used where Google ones aren't and that the screen on the I Pad is the best ever on a mobile device. However on returning home I sat for a while and played about with the Fusion Extra that I had bought for my son and I have decided that for what I would use it for I could not justify paying for an I-Pad 3 when the Fusion seems to do just about everything the I Pad does and certainly everything I would need it to do, so I will be ordering one for myself today. Only issue I have now is that my sixteen year old has saw his older brothers and has asked if he can get one if his exam results are good when they come in the first week of August. In saying that I Could buy three of these for not much more than I would pay for an I-Pad 3.

I also bought the leather case with with typing pad and Pen which according to my son makes it much easier to use for sending e mails etc and it certainly looks good value for money as it isn't expensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't even look at any other tablets, 19 Sep 2012
We bought this tablet as a cheap option to demonstrate a product which we sell that can be controlled by an Android or iPhone App.
Having read all the good reviews, I persuaded my boss to let me buy this rather than spend a small fortune on an iPAD or Samusung Galaxy Tab as we are only using it to demonstrate a single App.

Not only does it do everything that's promised and a few more things besides but I tried plugging in 3G internet dongles from both "3" and "O2" and they both worked immediately without a problem.

On arrival I was absolutely delighted with the performance and features of this device. I can't believe that such a good device can be available for such a low price, and from a UK company too!

I did have a slight problem in that after a couple of days, the tablet refused to work without being plugged into the mains, even though it said the battery was fully charged. A1CS lived up to their support reputation by immediately authorising a return and they despatched a replacement immediately upon receipt.

I'm so impressed that I've now ordered one for my own use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Technically isolated - me, not the tablet., 12 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Saltburn, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can only give four stars as the tablet is not perfect, excellent, yes and after six weeks use it appears value for money.

At 80 years of age I am frequently isolated from modern technology and do not have other items to compare the value of technical purchases. The tablet appears to be working well (battery has a shorter life than advertised) and I spend very much less time on my computer due to the tablet's portability. I know without doubt that I do not know sufficient to get the full value from technical items such as tablets. I also do not know whether a less than perfect performance is par for the course or a genuine failure. For example, why can I not get BBC iPlayer to sync voice with lips?

I believe that I have made a good purchase but I wish that the tablet came with a more comprehensive user manual - I understand the word intuitive but not its computer practice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion Xtra 10.1 inch tablet, 26 July 2012
Received this within 3 days, although could have been earlier(2 days with the post office)!! User guide not brilliant, refers to a esc button that does not appear to be there. however I found it very intuitive and soon found my way around. I did have a problem linking to my computer but this was soon resolved by A1CS customer support (within the hour). All in all this tablet is excellent value (a fraction of the price of an iPad and the like)and although I have only had it for a few days it seems to do everything I wanted from a tablet - would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fusio5 Extra, 7 July 2012
I bought this last week because I wanted to upgrade from a Nats 7", which by the way is a really excellent tablet but not big enough a screen for me.
Anyway, it's really top class. No, it's not an Ipad, but I never wanted an Ipad. What's the point when they constrain you with propriety control every where you look.
The Fusion Extra is lightweight, fast, great display, easy to use, (obviously you have the Android software to thank for that) and does everything a tablet can and should do.
All in all, well worth the price and it works even better with a screen protector on it. If I had a gripe, it would be that the case with the keyboard built in, does not fit the Fusion Extra properly, the case is too big so the tablet moves about a couple of mils as you carry it around. Also, the mains power connection cannot be plugged in to the tablet if it is in the case. The side clip that holds the tablet in on one side, is right over where the power connection is, crappy case design if you ask me.
I'm trying to find a normal case for it but no luck yet. The touch keyboard is easily good enough, you don't need an extra one in the carry case.
Other than that, I recommend the Fusion5 Extra to anyone who does not want or need an Apple.