A good plot; interesting technology that for me makes a sci-fi novel. The military background rings true and has excellent action without being too gung-ho. It is a pleasant change to get an author who uses wormhole technology to travel vast distances. This is Book 1 and I shall certainly be following the series and the author.

NB. I am a quite new Kindle user...
Published on 12 Oct. 2012 by al'Miral

2.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting ideas badly executed
Reads like someone's first draft. Structure ok but some, parts are really annoying. I won't be reading more. I hope to catch up with this author in another 10 books or so. Hopefully experience will tell!
Published 20 months ago by Steve Hocking

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus, Book 1) [Kindle Edition], 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

NB. I am a quite new Kindle user and find it a very great pity that the Kindle books have so many typos in them. I am well aware that these occur in printed books; however, in virtually all of the books I have purchased so far for Kindle the level of errors is unacceptable. Mis-spellings abound and parts of sentences are missing. This does not help the authors.Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Sci Fi Yarn, 6 Nov. 2012
Ignore the one star whingers. This tale is a good traditional adventure story. It might not make it for the armchair TV critics, but it is readable which is more than can be said for a Booker prize book I did not finish.
It might br fifty years since I passed O level English (first go) but the grammar and language is fine to me.
If you like simple and not too magiccy gun ho sci fi then this book, along much similar stuff that only seems to be available on the Kindle then you will enjoy this book.
When you want a bit of culture there are alway Banks, McLoud and the rest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting ideas badly executed, 12 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The legions of Rome - the Woof Factor, 16 Nov. 2013
I was looking for a new book to read and came across this. It caught my attention and I decided to give it a go. I won't go into the story or tell you the characters involved but it has a Woof factor. By that I mean that you get caught up in the story and WOOF you reach the end wanting to continue with the story. I think it fair to say that there are a good number of books out there which are terrific stories and worth reading even if from many different genres. I cannot fault this one. The reason humanity is in space is simple and believable. The reason it was allowed to live I thought was worth a laugh at its honesty. The story line is unique and cleverly told. I have just found the sequel and bought it just prior to writing this review. If you enjoy a good read, give this a go. Enjoy the WOOF factor!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Legions of Orion (Star Crusaders Nexus, Book 1), 18 April 2013
I would recommend this book to any space fan, good characters and well described places and equipment such as weapons and ship's,some well thought of dialect. Overall a good read, I read it to my son and are going to buy the next issue for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Romp, 17 April 2013
Steven R. Merron (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
Excellent narrative,great imagination a good space romp full of action.Better than most,well worth the read especially if your into this genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good yarn, 14 Mar. 2013
Well written with good. Characters . The proof writers need to up their game though. Looking forward to reading the next instalment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Start to the Series, 13 Feb. 2013
Very enjoyable author fast paced and good vision well worth a read, if only I had read the first books now I have to go back

4.0 out of 5 stars fast paced action, 10 Feb. 2013
D. Greensmith (Lincoln Uk) - See all my reviews
This book has a lot of fast paced action, and yet sets the scene for the rest of the series very well.
The main characters are interesting each with their own very human character flaws.
Plenty of technology advacements that a good space based sci-fy book needs.
My only negative comment would be the author's repeated discriptions of the size and stature of the jotnar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Nov. 2012
A simple but well written novel that starts off a new series. The series is quick to get into but lacks some of the depth of the others sci-fi novels I've read. One plus though is that it is riveting stuff and kept me goign till I finished it. I bought the prequel trilogy and the first book in the BL series off the back of this novel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus Book 1)