on 24 November 2012
This is a svelte, good-looking product, that promises much and delivers very little. For about £1000 I expected a CD ripper and streamer that didn't need delving into second layer IT : the sort that us old and Apple users don't and can't use. The product looks great and is aesthetically good. However, when you start to follow the 'instructions' you do need that degree in programming. It rips CDs most of the time, but if you have non mainstream one it'll churn all night and you have to eject it via the immature web app.

The key to this is an account with 'subsonic' that is free and seems to be the only way you can access your ripped music. If you forget your username or password it is impossible to generate a new one. I've spent many hours on this. There is also no way to rest the device to factory defaults.

In summary, hopeless support site, no online manual, hardware does not do what support says it should. And suspiciously no online reviews from users. I guess I am the first purchaser.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2013
I have owned this for about 8 months and have ripped several hundred CDs and have found it to be Superb.
With the exception of a couple of very old CDs, the RIPNPLAY has found all track information and album artwork and plays flawlessly. I would recommend this machine.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse