5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this Book.
I would recomend this book, it's a good tale, with real characters and good story line. I hope the author will write another book about the main characters and how their relationship developes. There is still plenty of scope for these two characters to develope into a whole series of stories about more crime investigations as well as their personal relationships.
Published on 16 Feb. 2013 by Well Pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read
Although written in the authors usual engaging style, with a plot that was ok and a promising start, for me the characters and especially their jobs - the plumber, the detective, the priest - just didn't feel realistic and let the novel down somewhat. This became more so as the book progressed. So although a reasonable read, I would have to say "ok" rather than "I like...
Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by Graemey

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this Book., 16 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A Royal Flush of a read!, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled across this book having enjoyed "Hard Tale". I immediately down-loaded the sequel and read that as well. The "Plumbers Mate" series (well there are two books and I really would like to read more) contain well drawn characters, biting dialogue that demands attention and wit which ensures you want to continue reading. Slightly unbelievable plot lines in truth but therein lies the farce. There are guffaw out aloud moments and I belted out a laugh at one of the less politically correct lines that had half the beach, I was sunbathing on at the time, wondering what had make me choke so much. When I see a market trader I still smile at that line. All three books I have read I have not been able to put down and I liked the characters I was getting to know. This is not Dickens, this is not Umberto Eco - it's more a Lyndsey Davis /Tom Sharpe sort of gay Falco in the naughties and that is no bad recommendation. If you like contemporary humour and are not afraid of the fact that there is a gay romance at the heart of the storyline you will really enjoy this series. I really look forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romance and mystery when it is really well done :), 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
As always, with this author, I loved the overall feel of frankness that always comes across in their stories. With this one it was no different, there's always such an honest feel to it all and the added element of mystery worked well for me - I felt like the romance and the mystery were well balanced, neither losing to the other.

Sexy and interesting read with characters I really enjoyed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Tom, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I can't begin to describe how much I love this book. The jokey tone of the voice of the protagonist, the varied secondary characters, the large gruff boyfriend AND a decent mystery upon which to hang the shiny components of the romance.

The Paretski stories are in my comfort reads folder alongside the other greats of the gay thriller genre. Absolute gold dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 28 Jun. 2014
L. Powell "Lori Powell xx" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Fun, great characters, great mystery. This book was fabulous I can't think of one thing I didn't love about it. Read it, that's all.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book very much, I thought it was very well written, had a good plot and believable, well-rounded characters. My only problem with it is that I felt angry on behalf of Tom when he is confronted with the bully from his past and I didn't complete buy the idea that he would get past those angry feelings quite quickly and start a relationship with him. It felt like he was being used and I couldn't quite work out why he would just go along with it. Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed it and was kept guessing until the end. I look forward to reading the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and true, 4 April 2014
mr (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this. I loved how "normal" and British the characters were. The tone was funny and sweet, and the plot engaging. I have downloaded the follow on book already. A light but very enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable read, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this tale. The character's were cute and the story line kept you guessing as to 'Who Dunnit'. I am looking forward to reading more of Ms Merrow's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
First being British i loved the UK setting,this is a great m/m romance set in a murder mystery.
The two main characters have bad history between them to overcome but the verbal bickering between them is loaded with sexual tension.
This is beautifully written with wonderful characters in it,i highly recommend it if you like your fiction true to life with humour easily mixing with the bizarre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Hooked..., 19 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I totally loved reading this and loved that it was set in the UK (made a nice change from the normal America based novels). Pressure Head, although its first person POV, had me hooked from the first page. I really loved Tom's character and his 'abilities' and how realistic he was. I know I couldn't put the book down and the author kept me guessing about who the murderer was...I had no idea till toward the end lol! This book is such a great read and with the little paranormal twist thrown in too, I highly recommend!! I definitely want to read more books from this author.