5.0 out of 5 stars The show must go on
Published on 16 Sep 2012 by L. Power

3.0 out of 5 stars Gift purchase
Bought for a gift, arrived just in time for Christmas, new and sealed. I looked at the back of the blu ray and it looks quite interesting and I thought I might get a copy for myself, shame as Amazon have increased the price, I payed £9.00 for it and I can't really afford to be paying £13 for something I might not like. Recipient who is a fan looked pleased with it though.
Published 9 months ago by M. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars The show must go on, 16 Sep 2012
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a fan of a major pop star you may get to go to a concert but unless you're one of the lucky few who knows somebody who know somebody you are unlikely to make it all the way backstage and meet your inspiration up close and personal. Part of me presents a rare opportunity to do exactly that, a backstage pass to and a fly on the wall look at the California Dreams tour.

I will be the first to admit that I am not Katy Perry's number one fan. I don't own any of her albums, but I do respect her accomplishments, and admire her charisma and presence and the fact that she did manage to get five number ones singles off her Teenage Dreams album.

In so doing she matched an accomplishment only ever achieved by Michael Jackson for Bad.

Her number one Billboard singles were: Last Friday Night (TGIF), California Gurls (featuring Snoop Dogg), the anthemic Firework, E.T (featuring Kanye West) and Teenage Dream.

As a writer I loved her use her use of alliteration on songs such as Hummingbird Heartbeat, and cherry chapstick on I Kissed a Girl.

Part of me is combination biography, concert tour, real life drama. I loved watching the performances and I think she is a tremendous songwriter with one of the best voices in the business and physically appealing too with those mighty alabaster orbs.

The bio part shows that overnight success only came after years of hard work, struggle and rejection. It's an inspiring story about persisting against the odds.

Although she was going through some tough personal stuff in her life during this tour particularly with the end of the marriage with Russell Brand I found this gave an emotional wallop to the movie. At one point before the concert in Rio she sobs uncontrollably in her dressing room. Her staff wonders if she can perform at all.

Then she calls for her makeup artist. On her way to the stage she breaks down again her body racked with sobs. Then she gets on the elevator to the stage, she turns on her lollipops and we see a change in her facial expression as her game face comes on. It's a wonder to behold. What a trouper.

Then the fans sing 'we love you Katy' in Portuguese almost as if they sense her struggle and lift her up. These were some of the greatest moments I will experience at any movie this year.

I commend her for letting us get so close and sharing something so deeply personal even though she was hurting at the time. In so doing she has fashioned a remarkable movie.

I loved this movie and highly recommend it even if you are not a huge fan but just love great performance and I hope you found this helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Katy Perry, 7 Oct 2012
Sarah D (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see this at the cinema and really enjoyed it. It is essentially a year in the life of Katy on her world wide tour following all her ups and downs with life on the road. It has lots of footage of the actual concert which if you didnt go and see the tour it looked absoultly incredible you get to see all the favrioute songs firework,teenage dream,T.G.I Friday, hot n cold and lots more and if you did see the tour it is a fantastic way to relive the memory of the night you went to see it. You get to see lots of behind the scences how the tour was put together some of the costumes and reherseals,having fun with the tour crew and meet n greet with the fans she never disapoints no matter how tired she is feeling she always delivers. It is also emtional as you see her marrige to Russel Brand fall apart but even though it is the toughtest time she still vows to carry on to never disapoint her fans around the world to be the Katy Perry everyone knows and loves. If your a fan this is a must have and if your not it is a interesting watch of a famous popstar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls love it, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
Ordered for my daughter for Christmas. To be honest I'm getting a little bored with hearing it from her room every day, but at least it prives she liked it!

5.0 out of 5 stars In love, 29 Nov 2012
If I was not in love with Katy Perry before, I am now. It is of course a marketing product, this movie wants to make you like her. It achieves its objective. But the truth is that Katy Perry is easy to love and she deserves all the love and success she has received this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Katy Perry Part of me, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
I have been a fan of Katy Perry musics and loved her new album so my daughter brought me this for Christmas. I really enjoyed this DVD and it really shows that Katy Perry adores her fans and goes the extra mile to say thank you to them. This DVD is also sad with her strict up bringing and her marriage to Russel Brand. It shows her highs and low and the people she cares about and the people who love her.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it, 25 Oct 2013
Great but i just wanna to see more katy live, more songs. But the documentary is aweasome great great great

5.0 out of 5 stars fun dvd, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this pack for my neice and she absoulty loves dancing with Katy
and making her brothers watch it with her

5.0 out of 5 stars good s***, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
omg katy perry's grandma bonus feature best thing ever I almost cried with joy when I found it on there

5.0 out of 5 stars katy perry part of me, 18 Feb 2014
i give this ble-ray film 5 stars as it not only fillows katys teenage dreem tour but shows the background from where katy started. the film has consett footage and shows katys famaly. katy shows the good and the bad parts where her split from her marrage upset her, this i think just shows just what a trough star katy is. the film is very good and something you will want to see again. katy perry is one of a kind star. i would recomend this film to everbody

4.0 out of 5 stars Good vid, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] (DVD)
fly on the wall documentary about Katy Perry's life - sometimes sad, but true and real. Very enlightening and real.

Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD]
Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD] by Jane Lipsitz (DVD - 2012)