5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by Barbara P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and functional
Published 14 months ago by flutterbybaby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Ultra Compact Digital Camera Vivitar Vivicam 5119 5.1 Megapixel - Blue (5.1MP, 4x Zoom, 1.8" Screen, Anti-Shake) (Toy)
We got this for my son's 9th birthday and I have to say its been absolutely brilliant. I looked at a lot of kid's cameras which were about 3 times more expensive , seemed to have smaller memories and not that great reviews. My son is autistic and although I love him , I would say he functions at a level quite significantly below his age, especially in areas of communication and attention . However he got the hang of using this within about 10 minutes and happily shot pictures throughout his birthday party and a friend's wedding.
6 months later and it's still going strong . Some of the photos don't look great on the screen but actually they look a lot better when transferred to computer so don't panic.
The only criticism I would say is that it does eat batteries a bit so stock up on some rechargeable ones and it's difficult to work out how to change them first time (the whole camera front slides off but it takes a bit of fiddling to do it)!
Other than that it's simple to use, reasonably robust and holds a very respectable amount of photos (to give you an idea, he took nearly 200 on a recent walk :S )

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, 28 Dec. 2012
great to use and easy to take pics, my seven year old loves it would buy again .would recomend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and functional, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter for Christmas. I wanted something cheap and small that she could carry in a small bag, which is why we didn't got for one of the purpose build "children's" cameras. It fits both those briefs and she loves it. It's just the right size for her and is easy to use and it's so basic. I'm not sure about the quality of the photos as we haven't uploaded them yet, but then I'm not expecting much more than a blur from a 4 year old's photos anyway, so not bothered about that. It does feel quite flimsy and I'm glad I bought a hard case to keep it in.

I would say that if you're looking for a basic, cheap camera and aren't too bothered about the photo quality then this is a very reasonable buy. If you're looking for something to last and need good quality photos then you might need to spend a little more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Batteries get drained too quickly, 28 Sept. 2014
I have used this regularly, the main issue I have is that the batteries die down so quick. Took it on a school trip I'd only taken a few picture and I had to change batteries half way through the day because they had no juice left in them. I was using Duracell batteries so low quality shouldn't have been an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exerlent, 29 Dec. 2012
exerlent christmas prescent, my 6 years old nephew love's it, no stop phone's all day, when taking photos indoors it looks alittle dark but with the flash on the picture looks great, ideal for a young starter in photography it comes with disc, strap and usb cable - all you need is batteries x 2 and sd card and case (poundland)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 19 Aug. 2013
Great little camera for my daughter who has learning difficulties and finds using anything too complicated a bit daunting. Even mum can use it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, 20 Oct. 2013
Its a good simple starter camera. My daughter loved it. Don't forget to buy a memory card as one isn't included.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple camera (suitable for younger kids), 19 May 2013
Very cheap product. It is essential to buy a memory card to put into it.
My 8 year old and 6 year old were each bought one of these a month ago.
8 YO can work all functions no probs. 6 YO sometimes needs help navigating through different modes.
At first it fascinated them. Very enthusiastic. Changing batteries is a bit fiddle but not a problem when you know how.
Very grainy for indoor use or low light. There is a delay of about .25 Second (which is quite a lot) between pressing the button and the picture taking. A bit plasticy and not very robust.
OK for my two kids for now but not really of suitable quality for older children beyond 10 years I'd say get a better quality one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera for a child, 7 Feb. 2014
This camera was quite difficult to work out and one or two problems at the beginning. Present for my grandson who is really keen on photography and now he has mastered it he loves it especially the colour.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful camera even for an 8yr old, 16 May 2013
E. Mills "EmmaM" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought today from a supermarket where it was £20 and it is going back tomorrow! Firstly the instructions are rubbish and the diagram for the battery compartment is totally wrong. I had to google instructions to find out how to put batteries in. It says it is SD compatible but it won't find my SD card or save to it. Generally horrid plastic feel. Yes it's cheap but in my opinion it's not even worth £5!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›