5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Fault it
I have Lower Back Muscular problems.
Been for an MRI scan and shown that this is purely a muscular issue - muscles going into spasm.
I have Chiropractic treatment on lower back too so have some experience of what this feels like getting professional treatment.
Published 11 months ago by Robert Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars The chair itself however is quite good..
Got on a 'lightning deal' however that is the usual amazon price i have just found so feeling a bit conned. The chair itself however is quite good...very powerful but my partner enjoys it.
Published 1 month ago by Sahara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Fault it, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Homedics Shiatsu Smooth Natural Touch Back Massager with Technogel (Personal Care)
I have Lower Back Muscular problems.
I didn't go for a lesser device because I wanted something that I believed would do the job - a powerful, mains, controllable seat cover that would give me some serious muscular manipulation. As the same time I didn't want to have my pants pulled down over the price. After much deliberation I plumped for this one - I made the right choice.

The Shiatsu is exactly like somebody manipulating your muscles with their strong fingers, only arguably more smoothly.

I had my doubts as to whether this would go low down enough into my lumbar spine to reach the deepest painful muscular parts that had gone into spasm - It does.

It will work your entire back or you can tell it to stop when it reached the top of the height you wish it to massage, and send it back down your spine again - Perfect.

Send it into simple roll mode and you can also dictate the width that the pair of balls are apart so you can be sure to hit the spot exactly where you want it to.

Add into the equation that there is also the spot massage function where you can stop it at one exact spot to focus on. Deep massage joy! How could it get any better I thought? How about if I could move it just a teeny bit up from where I've stopped it on my back. Yup - it does that too.

I wasn't sure whether I'd use the heat option but the first time I did just sent me off the planet.

You will not be disappointed with this product.

2 year warranty, not too noisy for the office which i was worried about. Reaches positively everywhere from lowest lumbar to shoulders. Easy to understand remote.

I've never really written much of a review before but i hope this helps a future purchaser.
I wholly recommend this product.

Rob.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and relaxing..., 23 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I previously had the HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/guidelines/product-links.html[[ASIN:B001ESK8EA HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat] which I bought a couple of years ago as I love massage chairs and that was a really affordable version which doesn't take up much space.
This Technogel massage chair is generally very good, it differs in the other one in that the upholstery is softe]r and the power of massage on the shiatsu and rolling is a little gentler.
It has very similar settings however where it lacks slightly compared to the other model, is that it doesn't provide full shoulder and adjustable height for shoulder massage which is a pity. I particularly like this, but then I guess everyone has their own preferences, and the SBM-500HA model allows you to turn on and off the shoulder settings so thereby gives a bit more control.
Where it appears to be an improvement is the more "lifelike" massage sensation because it is softer and has a slightly different rolling pattern. It also has the optional vibration setting which does give added benefit however at the cost of being quite noisy which may annoy those of you that want a quiet massage.
All in all a lovely item, and I do feel quite relaxed having used it - you can also put these "chairs" flat on the floor and massage calves with them (although not really advised in the booklet) but good for those who run and cycle a lot.
Only drops a star on the less control/less shoulder massaging capability. It is prettier than its predecessors though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, feels 'real', 14 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been a bit sceptical of these massage devices, but I have to say that I'm convinced with this one. It gives a very 'real' massage, genuinely feeling like someone is doing the work rather than a machine. It's very adjustable, with the ability to focus on one spot, or if you're shorter you can stop it rolling off your back and into fresh air.

It feels solidly made and never feels like you might break it when it's in action. It's fairly quiet, though there is a buzzing/humming sort of noise as it works. It won't interfere with your TV watching though, it's quite unobtrusive.

The only downside really is it's a bit ugly, and a bit big. It's rather hard to know where to store it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ORGASMIC MASSAGE FOR AN ACHING BACK, 20 Aug 2012
Alexander Bryce (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Getting on a bit in years and like most old codgers I suffer from back pain after gardening, golf etc. etc,. This just could be the solution as after a few days of 15 minute sessions I really do feel good. As soon as I unpacked it ,I knew that it was a quality product: solid and well upholstered. It gives a strong yet comforting massage and with the heat option on it is pure relaxing bliss.
The SHIATSU and ROLLING variations are both effective and I suppose down to individual preference . There is the full back, upper or lower back area options with the addition of a gentle vibration if selected. A particular aspect I like is the target button allowing it to concentrate on any one particular spot in mid massage. There are further adjustments for speed and very importantly width. Lets face it we are all different shapes and sizes and not all as athletically striking as this old guy.
I found that to place the supplied extra "blanket" between me and the back cushion gave an even more comfortable feel and my wife who is not quite as "padded" as I am really did prefer this little bit of extra comfort.
Offered by AMAZON at a very keen price it must be a good buy for a quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A full-featured massage chair, 3 Sep 2012
TheProf (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have actually owned two previous Homedics massage chairs and this one is the best so far. The chair offers a "rolling massage" which essentially feels like someone is pushing their hands in one motion up and down your back firmly. It also offers a "shiatsu" massage, which feels like someone is moving their hands and fingers around in a circle as well as up and down. The massage can be the full length of the back, concentrated on the top or bottom, or locked in one position for a 'spot massage'. As someone who suffers from regular lower back pain, this latter control is very useful as you can just have the massage on the exact spot that is causing you trouble. Heat is available, though I have found this can get a little too hot after a while and so you may need to use a towel behind your back with the heat option (in fact a towel behind your back may be something you want to try anyway, as it makes the shiatsu massage a bit less firm for those who find it harsh). This chair has some features that cheaper models do not:- you can adjust the width of thr massage to suit your body size/shape and you can set the top height of the massage to suit your body height. In addition, the back of the massage chair extends a bit taller than some of the lower priced Homedics models, so it can really get up to the top of your shoulders, which is good. The chair is supposed to sport the latest "gel" technology and in theory this makes the massage even more realistic - but to be honest, having compared it with two cheaper Homedics models, while I like the added features I wouldn't say that this gel technology makes the feel of thr massage that different - maybe a bit more refined/gentle, but not more realistic. The chair also offers three massager speeds, but I find that the feault first setting is the best, so the benefits of this speed control are debatable. Similarly, the chair offers a vibrate option but this seems to add little to the massage experience and if anything, is irritating, so it seems to me to be a bit of an unneccessary gimick.

As others have stated, Homedics massage chairs seem to be solidly built and they come with a two year warranty, which is good. I strongly recommend using the chair on a straight backed hard chair like a dining chair - I have tried it on an office chair and on a sofa and while it obviously works, you only really get the full effect on a hard, straight-backed dining chair that ensures all parts of your back are making contact with the massage chair. As I said above, it the massage feels a bit hard, then try a towel behind your back.

Ultimately, if used properly I think this chair is pretty good - it's not as good as a real massage by a pro, but it's nea1rly sa good, andultimately, much cheaper and more convenient. It certainly helps with my lower back problems. If you are quite tall then check out this and other models in the range that have higher backs - it's worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results, 22 Aug 2012
Tim Roast (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I work in a hospital, and do long hours of heavy work. After 3 years and one baby, my body was completely knackered. My feet were always hurting, my back gives me serious concerns about my health, and I am only 32.

I received this product a few days ago. On opening the box, I was impressed by the build of it, and its simplicity. The upholstery and stitching are of very good quality. The construction is very simple: a chair with a cable and a controller.

The controller is attached to the right hand side, but its lead is long enough to be used on the left hand side. There is a storage pocket on the right of the seat for the controller.

The massager itself can be attached to any chair, using the strap on the back. I tried it on my sofa, and it felt really nice. However, I found it more effective when attached to a flat seated chair. It is attached to my computer chair as I am writing. When on a flat chair, the lower back can be massaged properly.

The controller has two modes: a rolling mode where the massage heads up and down, while applying a gentle pressure on your back. The width can be adjusted to suit your back. Also, the height can be adjusted.

The other mode is the shiatsu mode, where the massage travels up and down your spine , in circular movements. There is a stop button to focus the shiatsu massage in any desired area. Both modes can be set up to target lower, upper or full back. Also, both modes can be used in conjunction with heat and vibration. I have to say that I felt the heat more when my skin was in direct contact with the chair. It's just warm enough to relieve the tension knots. The massage feels really natural as well.

The recommended length of massage is 15 minutes.

After the first massage, I slept like a baby. Amazingly, the pain in my ribs that made me turn from one side to another in my sleep had gone. It's very relaxing, and I feel invigorated.

If you suffer from fatigue, stress and aching muscles due to hard work, this is definitely for you.

-Written by Wife Roast

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 2 Jan 2014
Initially tried this out in a shopping centre, found it pretty good.
Bought this as a Christmas present for my parents, they love it.

Would recommend securing it onto a full back computer chair (that tilts back) with arm rests.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing and addictive, 24 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd previously used and benefited from a Homedics Shiatsu cushion, so was eager to see how the experience translated to a larger, 'full back' system. In short, it's very good. The Shiatsu motion is achieved with two circular moving balls that provide a pleasing force. They really do knead into your body, it's not a gentle process but it certainly has the effect of working out and muscular knots and aches. I personally didn't find the rolling option to be much good, but some people might find it relaxing.

The heat option, and the option to pause the movement of the massage on a particular spot are both worthwhile additions. The wired remote control is a nice touch, giving you the opportunity to change the action mid-massage.

One star knocked off for the fact it doesn't fully massage up to the neck/shoulders, otherwise it would've been a solid 5 star product. If you would benefit from a lower or mid-back massage then this product is throughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Sep 2014
Love this. Having spent 400 on chiropractor treatment that did not really help, I was loaned one of these from my daughter. It was very soothing with the heat. MIT also gets right into the tissue on the shiatsu setting. Realistically I get to use this forever, at the slightest tinge of discomfort, for the same price as three chiropractor treatments! I shall that a real bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... for about a month now and we are very pleased with it, 4 Sep 2014
We have been using this for about a month now and we are very pleased with it. I have tried most of the settings, and found the shiatsu setting to be the best. The heat setting is good, and there are enough options for me to target troublesome areas. I think this works best on a firm chair / sofa. I think using it on a soft couch would not be very effective, or comfortable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›