on 29 January 2014
I previously had message fans that took 3 AA batteries but they both went faulty. This is a considerable improvement. Straight out of the packaging it displayed its default messages when plugged into a USB charger. When I connected it to my Windows 7 PC using the separate data cable it was detected ok. The mini CD contained the software. Not seeing a setup file I installed it by creating a folder in c:\program files (x86) called FAN and copied and pasted everything into there. I right-clicked the LED Fan EditorV1.120120512.exe file and clicked on Send to Desktop to create a shortcut. (This is easier than having to have the mini CD in the drive all the time and double-clicking on the .exe file.)

The video shows messages I typed in using the easy-to-use software. I used another LED device to give a little backlight to the scene. You can save your text in .LED files. You can also preview the resultant display(s) on your computer before downloading to the fan. The printed instruction leaflet is in good English (German copy also).
on 9 April 2014
I have had quite a number of these USB memory fans and this is the best so far. The main issue was setting messages and for it to retain it. This one comes witch software on a mini CD that allows you to upload the text very easily. Up to six messages can be displayed and be rotated if desired. Works well and looks great.
on 10 March 2015
Great little product. The metal moveable stalk is solid and the fan itself is quite and surprisingly powerful. I've had small USB fans in the past and this beats them all.

The messaging is cool, but the only thing missing is being able to change the messages on the fly. It's a pain having to stop the fan and plug in another cable to edit your text.

Overall, very pleased.
on 2 March 2015
Excellent product. Highly recommend. Software works well on both Mac and PC! Especially love the ability to edit individual 'pixels'.
on 17 June 2015
Really good novelty gift.