5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Enjoyable, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mourning In America And Dreaming In Color (Audio CD)
I've managed to listen to this album several times since I received it on pre-order. I always try to listen at least a few times to an album in full and in the original track order before I jump to conclusions as some sounds and albums can be slow burners. Brother Ali has crafted another quality album which I find to be most similar to 'The Undisputed Truth' in terms of narrative, subject matter covered and quality.

My highlights would be:
The introspective 'Stop The Press' or the wonderfully balanced 'All You Need' which highlights the effects of parental abuse from generation to generation in a way only Brother Ali can.
Political/social commentary in 'Mourning in America', 'Only Life I Know' and 'Work Everyday'.
Relationship and spiritualism in 'My Beloved'.

The only track I dislike is 'Need a Knot' as I don't think the beats and chorus work well in my opinion. Some other reviews I've read have stated that this album lacks some of the really high points of previous albums, which is true to a certain degree. However, in my opinion their is a higher average quality overall to the album which makes up for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing ali, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Mourning In America And Dreaming In Color (Audio CD)
Very nice ali a powerful hip hop very good flow and sound original .

Mourning In America And Dreaming In Color
Mourning In America And Dreaming In Color by Brother Ali (Audio CD - 2012)