4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
I mostly enjoyed this story, but i'm not sure if I liked it enough to get the sequal. The story itself is gripping but not particuarly original, even if you buy into the 'you are my chosen mate and you must love me' type stories. What I mean by that is that the female character doesn't get much choice in the matter! Despite this, I enjoyed it, I thought the...
Published 23 months ago by Cooper

1.0 out of 5 stars Sample first
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Caitkin

1.0 out of 5 stars Sample first, 7 Jan 2012
Hmm. I picked this up after reading the excellent Tammy Blackwell timber wolves books wanting something similar. The price was low and there were several glowing reviews so bought.. Within reading a page I knew this wasn't for me. The style of writing was grating. Very young and the conversations between the teenage girls didn't engage me. Also the hero was just odd. 40 going on 17 and the frequent east European endearments were reminiscent of a dodgy mills and boon. Not for me even though I persevered to the end. If you want a good teenage wolf story I'd recommend raised by wolves or the timber wolves series. Sadly both only have 2 books in them to date. If you fancy this, try a sample first. It might be your sort of thing but it wasn't mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 25 Nov 2012
Kate Phillips "Kate" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
You might want to take this review with a pinch of salt because I clearly didn't see something that so many other people did. This book has a massive overall rating of 4.20 on Goodreads (at time of writing this review) I don't want to be mean, or be seen as a bully but I honest cannot fathom how this book has such a high rating.

I had so many issues with this. Firstly the eBook was littered with mistakes that were completely distracting, I am generally patient with these kinds of things and try to ignore them but if it greatly affects your ability to understand then it is impossible to ignore. The writing was poor, it told me what was happening instead of showing me, and the dialogue seemed almost robotic and fake. The point of view consistently changed without warning sometimes in inappropriate places. There was the dreaded insta-love. The characters were not good, Jacque was very childish and Fane very cheesy. The rest of the characters were no better at all.

I found it very unbelievable even for a paranormal romance. In the first few pages Fane turns up in a limo, telepathically communicates with Jacque who see's nothing bizarre about this at all. She then tells her friends who also seem to think that nothing odd or weird has happened and they completely believe her. If I told my friends that they would either think I was, A) pulling a prank, or B) lost my mind.

On the plus side some of the action scenes were good and exciting. Literature continues to prove that there is a lot of love for `mate for life' paranormal romances, so maybe that is why this book has so much praise. I like the idea, but there was too much wrong for me to like this one. But maybe you will.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes, 14 April 2013
I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed Loftis' book 'Elfin' so I decided to read some of her other books. I was a bit disappointed.
'Elfin' seems to have the same storyline as this series, except with elves instead of wolves, and both are just 'Twilight' with different mythical species.
Also, as mentioned in some other reviews, there are a lot of mistakes, as if the book was not proofread. This sometimes makes it difficult to understand. As well as this, 'canis lupus' which is supposed to mean 'grey wolf', or is at least used to identify the grey wolves, actually means 'dog wolf' in Latin...
Lastly, it is annoying that the point of view constantly changes and, not only that, a part of the story is told from one character's point of view, and then the entire thing was told again from another character's point of view.
I don't want to seem harsh, it really just depends how much you're willing to put up with, but if you like the storyline, I recommend 'Elfin'. However, this book is free so you're not losing anything if you want to try it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 7 Feb 2013
I bought this book because of the many positive reviews it has but even just a few pages in i knew that this was not for me. There are many spelling and grammar mistakes within it, a few is easy to ignore but the mistakes in this book got annoying. I also hated the fact that the author swapped from third person to first person within sentences. As quite a few of the other reviews have said; its unbelievable.

The characters fall in love within seconds which i think is a major downfall with this genre of book; but within the Prince of Wolves it was so sudden that i struggled to carry on reading.

I dislike the main characters. Fane was cheesy and if he 'growled' one more time i was going to hit something. Jacque was probably one of the most annoying females i've read in a book; her reactions to everything is too unbelievable, if i started hearing a voice in my head then i wouldn't just immediately accept it. Her sarcasm at times was so irritating that i found my self rolling my eyes and struggling to carry on.

My main grievance with this book was the language that Jacque, Jen and Sally used. I'm from England and i understand that this book is set in America; but do girls that are nearly 18 seriously talk like that? The dialogue was childish and the overuse of witty comments began to grate on me.

The fact that this book was free and that some of the fight scenes were interesting are the only reasons that i haven't given this a 1 star.

Would i recommend it? If you don't mind grammar mistakes, you are a fan of insta-love and childish language and actions are your cup of tea, then yes i would.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series) (Kindle Edition)
The actual story line could av been brilliant and kept me reading till the end but the characters were unbelievable. The best friends were incredibly annoying and all the characters were very unrealistic especially their reaction to some of the things that happened. I won't be reading the rest if the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars For teenagers, 22 Jan 2013
I started reading this book but didn't get very far. The spelling and grammar put me off. The way the characters speak is geared towards youngsters (and I'm not that old!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful to read, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series) (Kindle Edition)
Average plotline with a hefty helping of painfully childish speech, exaggerated colloquial language and a disappointing set of characters. Awful.

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't finish, 8 Jun 2014
I am Romanian and I start to read the book and find so many sentences and words in romanian that wasn't making any sense in the context. For example meu inima is wrong it supposed to be inima mea, and micul incendiu wrong again it supposed to be micul foc ! And so many other that made me delete the book from my kindle without finishing it!
Just don't write some weird stuff just because you're to lazy to research.

2.0 out of 5 stars So much is wrong with this book., 3 Jun 2014
The first 10 chapters or so are pretty terrible and were a struggle to get through. It did get marginally better after those- once all the tedious and unnecessary descriptions of room decor, character appearance, activities and background were mostly done with. I found the werewolf thing quite interesting and though I couldn't get my head around the relationship between Fane and Jacque (it struck me at times as more than a little unhealthy), it was sweet. But the writing throughout isn't great. Spelling, grammar and punctuation were cringe-worthy sloppy. And there was major repetition of information. Some- and I mean SOME- of the dialogue was kind of witty, but a lot of it felt wooden, unbelievable and entirely irrelevant. The book really could have benefited from more editing and would have probably come out half as long for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too twilight but with wolves, 30 Dec 2013
Written by a child for a child? Mistakes a many and no real story. Sorry not my thing, I prefer a bit of humour, action and romance.