Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.79

on 3 March 2013
We are waiting for OFSTED so I thought I'd buy this book and give it a try. It is full of really useful ideas and I am slowly adding them to my lessons. I follow the author on twitter and he was able to send me an electronic version of one of the resources in the book straight away. So helpful!
on 24 February 2014
The title may be a bit regrettable now seeing as Ofsted's ideas have changed since publication (and claim they no longer have a preferred teaching style) but in my opinion good ideas are good ideas and there are plenty of good ideas to work with her. I was a few years into my teaching career when I read this and it was good as it reignited my eagerness to keep on improving and try new things. I don't think if offers the obvious activity type advice you often get from books and training days but instead suggests ways to improve your practice on a wide variety of fronts. I have re-read it and go back to it for reference purposes in a way I have not any other teaching books.
on 30 June 2012
A great little book with excellent practical suggestions you can easily imagine yourself using, whilst questioning why you hadn't thought of them before!! It doesn't matter its 'English', I teach Business & ICT and can easily see how to incorporate the suggestions into my lessons. Having been through the Ofsted process this year I can confirm that the Inspectors rated these types of activities as 'outstanding'. Do yourself a favour and buy it!
on 30 October 2012
This book is a must read for all trainee teachers, NQTs and experienced teachers. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Excellent CPD for teachers of all subjects. Buy it now!
on 22 November 2012
I have been teaching for more than 10 years. This book proved and easily accessible reference particularly with focus on the new Ofsted criteria.
on 3 November 2013
This book was the most helpful book on Teaching and Learning that I've ever read and I've read a few. Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2013
Some good ideas and pointers, but not very useful for FE sector and A Level lessons/ teachers. Worth a look.
on 2 July 2012
Didau offers useful and practical advice to English teachers around the country. This is a handbook, not a once over read that you can refer to over and over again. A refresher of AfL techniques specific to the English subject, I will definitely be recommending this to my department! Success.
on 20 January 2014
Good overview for trainee teachers or NQTs. A magpie approach to established practice, but nothing original. Ofsted criteria has changed significantly since publication, so beware!
on 26 January 2014
Some really good ideas in here that are implementable. As an English PGCE student, I would definitely recommend to any new teachers, and experienced teachers may find one or two little gems that could help them too.