5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Sci-Fi anime
Re-L is an intelligence inspector in a dystopic future arcology and she's engaged in a search for a Proxy whatever that may be. It soon becomes clear that her search may provide answers that she'd rather not know. Densely plotted and superbly animated, this is now one of my favourite anime series, good enough to stand with Ghost in the shell SAC 1 & 2.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published 7 months ago by Philip

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Sci-Fi anime, 30 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fave...Ever, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Manglobes masterpiece is like a breath of fresh air in a genre overrun by scantily clad girls or flying robots. DO NOT MISS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful, Beautiful and wonderfully Unique, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I`m going to keep this short as many people have previously reviewed this. Ergo Proxy is pure brillance. Different to watch I`d usually watch but it captured my attention. Ergo Proxy is a sci fi/thriller and the story unravels slowly but you it leaves you wanting to find out what happens. I watched the entire series in one weekend, personally I enjoyed it I found it unique compared to most animes around at the moment. Don`t bypass Ergo Proxy just because it`s not massively violent. It`s also not full of fan-service which is rather pleasant.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sci-fi series of great merit., 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
From first impressions of this series it just seems like the old androids gaining sentience story, however after about 5 episodes it becomes very clear that it is so much more than that.
I cant really say much because I simply would not want to spoil anything, but this is definetly a series that is not afraid to be a little different, it has an incredibly complex, twisting plot and the end result is something that is both weird and wonderful, I cannot reccomend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what it appears, 29 Jun 2014
D. P. Flanagan "ithuriel" (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Ergo Proxy starts in the last great dome protected city of what appears to be a decaying Earth, a finely balanced society with robot helpers for the human population who live a sheltered existence but not everything is as it seems.
A powerful humanoid creature breaks free from a laboratory that appears to kill indiscriminately, a virus that infects the robots with self awareness and other secrets soon see the main protagonists of the story escape the city to venture forth into the barren Earth looking for answers as to who they are, why they exist and what the future holds for them.
If you want a good looking sci-fi show that is designed to make you think and has some nice twists in it then this is for you, if you want non stop action, look elsewhere.
The English dub is really quite good, there are a few extras and the intro song is 'Kiri' by Monoral and the ending is 'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead.

5.0 out of 5 stars er...good, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Stylish, moody and sometimes surreal, this series is up there with Elfen and Zone of the Enders. Seems better in Jap language somehow. Great characters and artwork; a real journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this product as a gift and I couldn't be more pleased with it. This product was exactly as described and the delivery was very prompt. The box is small - not too chunky as some box sets are so it takes up less space! I am very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
It starts off well. The main character investigates a mysterious powerful creature. You get the sense you are in for a cool noir style detective sci-fi. However, the plot loses focus quite quickly, although it picks up again about half way through. Not enough action in it for me; if I'm not seeing robots and cyborgs killing each other I lose interest. I reckon it will probably be better after the second viewing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles/dubbing have no effect on its intelligibility, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I read nothing but good reviews of this anime series - and to be fair, the art is great - and it started well: I thought I was in for a decent cyber-noir thriller. By the end of the third or fourth episode, though, I was pretty helplessly lost. What was going on? What are the proxies? What cataclysm had befallen the planet to bring this world into being? By the end of the series, I was none the wiser and while I had enjoyed bits of the ride - the surreal gameshow episode in particular - I don't think I'll be making the journey again in hopes of finding the answers to these questions.

For long periods of time, nothing much happens. We're treated to innumerable shots of one character or another at the rudder of their boaty-spaceship thing, so I was left in no doubt that it needed steering and the autopilots of the future aren't up to much. The frankly hard-to-care-about characters would then arrive somewhere a bit moody, meet someone of unexplained significance, exchange some words and then go all super saiyan on each other before moving on again.

I'm sure I'm missing the point, and that the reason for this will eventually turn out to be because I'm a bit thick. Reading the other reviews, lots of other people have enjoyed the series and you probably will too, so I'm probably just a bit weird or something. But you will never convince me that I'm the only person to have watched this series who found the character Pino INCREDIBLY annoying. And the English voiceover for Vincent Law too - there's only so much emo mumble-growling a man can take. I was praying for that character's demise by mid-series.

One final moan: some kind of play-all option in the menu that skipped the titles would have been a good idea. I'm not sure I could handle hearing either of the title theme tunes ever again. Thanks Geneon - you've ruined Radiohead for me. Nice work.

Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD]
Ergo Proxy Collection [DVD] by Shukou Murase (DVD - 2012)
35.97