4.0 out of 5 stars Magic little ball
Published 21 months ago by marion magee

3.0 out of 5 stars My toddler loves it
Certainly not worth the original asking price, we got it when it was £50 and its ok. The iPhone app is pretty weird, it works but someone needs to take a chill pill and make it simpler. Our daughter loves chasing it, and throws it, which it seems to hold up to. A bit of fun and maybe a dog or cat owner would use it more but don't expect to be playing with it for hours...
Published 7 months ago by Chris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic little ball, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sphero Robotic Ball Gaming System for Mobile Phones (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)
Bought this for my 13 year old son. we have all had fun playing with it and trying the different games you can download. The fact that the games are free suprised me as I did think it would be the usual con and the games would end up and cost a fortune. So although this little ball was a hundred pounds with a little time and patience on learning how to use it properly .It will probably be well worth the price it cost to buy.
only downside is the 3 hour charging time every time you use it for over an hour

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Expensive., 11 April 2013
This is an excellent, fun little toy for all those gadget lovers out there, but oh boy is it an expensive one.
I first notices it on a YouTube ad, and instantly fell in love with it. I have been saving and saving for this, until I had enough.
Although its exceptionally expensive for what it is, I would recommend it to people who are going to find this fun. If your expecting to have a Sphero ball that rolls around the floor, while controlling it with your Android device or iOS device fun for hours on end, then your going to love it.
If your just wanting it, but not knowing wether you will use it or not, then pause and think when and where your going to use it. I spent hours racking my brains thinking where I would take it etc.

Overall, it's a little too pricey for what it is, but it is good at doing its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly Fun, 24 Dec 2012
Comes with many different apps so there's lots of fun to be had. The Sharky augmented reality app is something that blows minds when people see it. Would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars In My Humble Opinion, 2 Sep 2013
This is an amazing gadget.
it is really easy to connect to your iphone. There are at least ten or so apps you can get for it.
I have only tried 3 apps so far.

You can change the colour of the ball which I think is awesome.
In drive mode there is a boot button which makes it go really fast for a bit.
If you got cats I think it is very very cool,

One of the Apps allows you to access your phones camera and drive the sphero at the same time so you can take video
or pictures at the same time.

I have seen online the sphero is water proof, but I have not tested that as yet.

I do however only give it 4 stars as I do love it but do I think it is worth the 95+ pounds I paid for it?
Not really.

I would comfortable pay 65 to 80 pounds.
But we are only talking 25 pounds here. For gadget lovers this is great.

Oh few last points:

I didnt expect the ball to be as noisy as it is: You can hear the working parts inside. Not a massive issue but thought I point it out any way.

Given the choice again?
I would buy it. No regrets. As time goes on though I think it will be made more cost effective
I intend getting my wife one and my mother so even at its current price I still buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 13 May 2013
my sister wanted to buy my son something he really wanted for his 18th and this was it! Fab little ball rolling about all over the place in all sorts of colours, controlled with his ipad - love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 20 Mar 2013
Mr. P. Baker "Bully" (England) - See all my reviews
Expensive but a great gadget. Very versatile and seems very tough. Kids love it going round. Takes a bit of learning to master the control.
Lots of free apps for it which a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!, 1 Feb 2013
This is endless fun and seriously addictive. It is extremely clever and can be made to do allsorts of things with very little experience - the kids love it and the adults are amazed by it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sphero Awesome, 28 Nov 2012
Sphero is the most amazing toy I have ever used, so cool! And if you're a developer you'll enjoy it even more developing with it.

Developer Usage:
+ It's iOS SDK is so simple and inlcudes Xcode templates that includes a bootstrap project.
+ Well documented APIs and Low-Level APIs if you want to build your own SDK for another platform.

iOS End-User usage:
+ It's tricky to control at first but you'll get there.
+ Lots of apps available on AppStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
simon crawfors (ipswich, suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 20 Oct 2014
This is a great gadget - amazing control from the phone but after a couple of times it has started to gather dust...

The reason for the four stars is that you are forced to play with it to unlock items.... It is not hard to do - just annoying.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›