5.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than a washing machine but worth every penny
Published on 29 Oct 2012 by M. Eldridge

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not do the job and poor quality
Published 22 months ago by P. Reed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than a washing machine but worth every penny, 29 Oct 2012
M. Eldridge (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bushnell Trophy Cam 2012 HD Camera - Brown/Black (3/5/8MP) 2.4 inch LCD (Sports)
This is by far and away the best trail cam you can get for the money. Very fast trigger [0.6 second] speed and genuine no-glow LEDs - at night people and wildlife won't know it's there. In camera mode set to take 3 pictures - BAM BAM BAM! - you cannot fail to catch your subject; only the fantastic Reconyx HC600 is faster but is nearly twice the cost. The HD video is of high quality and the machine has an impressive array of additional features.

Despite what the manual says the camera works fine on 2400/2450 NiMH Duracell or Energizer rechargeable batteries. I use a high quality SanDisk Extreme 16-32GB SD card as the fast writing speed seems to help with the camera recovery time between shots.

However a word of advice, if you intend to use the camera where it has any chance of being discovered and stolen, I strongly recommend using a metal security case covered in camo-tape and fixed to a tree with an 8mm camo Python lock [the 10mm version will not fit the camera].

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely fantastic camera, 11 Nov 2012
Mr K (Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Having spent some time looking at trailcams it became apparent that you could pay more and get less if you were not careful. I eventually settled on this model as the best value for money - but not cheap. It also helped to see the model in action on the BBC. Was it worth it? An unqualified yes. It does what it says and does it very well. My only negative comment would be the manual for setting the camera up. You do have to flick about to find what you are doing, but once you have done it it does become familiar and quick. I have Lithium batteries and will be interested to see what their life is. I would also recommend a 32G Sandisk as you can use up a lot of space in video mode if life is busy where the camera is situated.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've written the review, now see the footage, 21 Mar 2013
Length:: 0:23 Mins

I wrote a review on this cam but you know what they say about a video says more than a 1000 words so here is the 1st "hot off the press" footage. I don't like the time stamp so have got rid of it in future videos. Just turn it off in the settings :)
I will use the footage in my youtube videos so you can see more examples of different cameras side by side . Just go to you tube and do a search for alex sally. I'll pop up first :) If this is helpful please click "helpful"
atb
alex

4.0 out of 5 stars Super product., 3 Jan 2013
We bought this to take photos of the deer and other wildlife in the garden. Set-up of the Trophy Cam was very easy. I bought a 32san disk with fast speed as I read this was much better to use - works great.
We have used it only for a week. The footage seems great (Although so far, it has only captured me pretending to me a deer) so no real wildlife yet. In dim light it seems to switch to black and white only, but again, only had it a week so hard to tell if this is a negative.

The sensor seems to respond very easily to sound and heat.

The only negative it that when you sent up the Trophy Cam, you can't know or see the field of view it has, without opening the front and reviewing what you have just filmed, and then hoping you place it back in the exact position. The strap is OK that hold it's agaist the wall, perhaps could be more heavy duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 28 May 2013
S. MCCONNELL (UK) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:10 Mins

We purchased this wildlife cam having been impressed with one being used on a BBC wildlife programme. Well we have had the unit for a week or so now and it is a real delight checking each morning to see what the garden wildlife was up to the previous night. Having the camera has totally changed our understanding of the animals that visit our garden at night. The resolution of the camera is superb day or night whether using stills or video. Some commentators have expressed dissatisfaction with the IR resolution at night but we think that it is very good for the price of the camera. I have included an IR clip recorded in our garden in order to show the standard of night recording that you will get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pictures, 12 Jan 2013
I'm getting excellent stills and video in daylight. The infrared is acceptable, but a bit washed out. At least the lighting is even, unlike my old Cuddeback model. This Bushnell gets more pictures - i.e. it gets the shots my old camera trap missed. My only quibble is that on setup you have to choose between stills OR video. The Cuddeback would do both together.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not do the job and poor quality, 13 Dec 2012
P. Reed - See all my reviews
I set the cam up over two succesive nights just outside the house. It picked me up moving away from it and going to it next morning but nothing in between despite walking in front of it on more than one occassion. In the house I had a similar experience, not always detecting me. When it did film the image has to be at the perfect distance otherwise it is either washed out or very dark. I double checked all the settings many times over and eventually decided that neither the function nor the quality were up to the job. I sent it back and got a refund within the 7 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super camera, 18 May 2013
You don't want any more than this model to capture all the wildlife around your home. Easy to use and set up. The night vision is amazing! Only criticism is that you can't view what you want to shoot without opening the case and using the screen inside. Soon get used to this and you will have a good idea where you want to point it. get one and be your own David Attenborough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to set up, 24 Feb 2013
A very good piece of kit easy to set up. It is not as sensitive as i expected for detecting smaller animals but this may be because we are still learning to use it properly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 21 April 2013
After only use for two days, the batteries were almost flat. Not the 12 months the American manufacturer claims.
Unfortunately you can not select nigh time only recording, so you get recordings of the post man, Amazon delivery in fact anything passing during the day.
There is no viewfinder. So when you strap it to a tree you have absolutely no idea what it can see & will record......until you remove it from the tree/post/whatever & open it up and view the contents of the SD card!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›