4.0 out of 5 stars The latest edition of Just Dance has arrived
What can I say about this latest release in the Just Dance series from Ubisoft? Well, to begin with, it has undergone some quite large changes to the format of the first three games, including bringing back some old features and introducing several brand new ones.

Published 18 months ago by SueStar112

1.0 out of 5 stars No "PSY Gangnam Style", this is not the UK version
Not even opened it yet but this is not the official UK version being advertised on TV at the moment.

It is 43 songs, not 50 and has no "PSY Gangnam Style" on it.

Disappointing.
Published 16 months ago by Nige74

4.0 out of 5 stars The latest edition of Just Dance has arrived, 6 Oct 2012
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)

I gave this game four stars out of five as I tend to be quite biased about this series (haha) and I am trying to give a helpful, open minded review. The graphics are excellent, even when played through an old banger of a TV like my own,and the dance coaches are sharply defined against more imaginative backgrounds than the previous games.

Gameplay is as easy as it always was; choose a mode, pick a song, then dance. You can use the ready made screen names so you can get dancing straight away, otherwise you can choose to create a new DancerCard. This is the first "new" feature of the game and basically it's so you can quickly track your statistics (play time, best songs etc) or in Sweat Mode, to keep track of which classes you have completed and the overall calories you have burned. To create your DancerCard you simply have to enter your name, age and gender. You can then choose an avatar, the first feature I noticed reminiscent of Just Dance 1 (remember that chibi thing and the doughnut?) though until you've played the game a bit and started unlocking rewards there are only about ten to choose from.

Choosing a song to dance to is the same, again the song selection screen slightly similar to Just Dance 1. There's a good selection of music here, most of it very lively, though I expect some people will have their complaints.(See full track list above on main page).

The "Mojo" feature of Just Dance 3 is still here, with each song you play gaining you mojo, the level of which depends on how well you did at the song and how many of the personal "quests" you completed. After playing your first song, a drop-down list will inform you which of these you have conquered during that song. Each time you fill your Mojo bar up completely, you will unlock a new reward, which I find makes for very addictive playing! There are new rewards to collect, as well as the original Dance Mash-Ups and Alternative Versions of the songs. These no longer have a separate playlist as in Just Dance 3; you now use your directional pad on the Wii Remote to choose which version of the song you want to play.

If, like myself, you bought this game as a fun and different way to get your daily exercise, you'll be interested to hear about the upgraded Just Sweat mode. I was very please to hear that Ubisoft were finally going to integrate a calorie counter, as trying to work out what you had burned via the Sweat Points made it difficult to keep track of how far your were into your workout. Plus the most common formula (for every 4.2 Sweat Points you burn 1 kcal) seemed a bit ridiculous - that meant dancing to some slower songs that barely made me out of breath "burned" around 40 - 70 calories, which is practically impossible! So although I used another method (every 10 Sweat Points = 1 kcal) I was pleased to see that the hard work would be done for me.

I entered Just Sweat to try it out on my first play. Now I have to mention here that I have been spoiled for years by Konami's Dancing Stage dance mat games, which had a superior workout mode well ahead of it's time. In Just Dance 4, you can choose between three lots of "classes": 10 mins = 50 kcal, 25 mins = 120 kcal, or 45 mins, 230 kcal. The only fault here is that don't ask you to enter your height or weight. The average calories burned is therefore based on what I should imagine is an average weight of maybe 9 - 10 stone, which of course burns much fewer calories than someone like myself who is...er...not 10 stone. There is also no "Free Session" - the game automatically generates the songs that you are to play. No choosing your own workout. This was the only real reason I gave the game four stars instead of five, as I was quite disappointed.

Finally, there are two main modes (aside from the solo), which are the Duet and Dance Crew modes as seen in previous games. The other dance modes/choreography types are given as unlockable rewards, these are : Battle Mode, where two songs go up against each other. If you are playing solo, you can play against the computer, which I think is a great feature. The second is dance mash-up, which is the same as Just Dance 3, though it seems to me they have used far more dancers/choreographies per song, including dance coaches from all the four Just Dance games. The third is the alternative choreographies, where you can unlock different or more difficult routines to the songs on the playlist, and the final one is the good old Non-Stop Shuffle.

Overall this is an excellent game, whether you're looking for a new workout option or just want to have some friends round and make a fool of yourself. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like!, 4 Oct 2012
I love this game!
I only received it today...but I have already been playing it for 3 hours straight. Just Dance 4 is really addictive and fun and being able to achieve next levels encourages you to play for even longer.
I got 'Just Dance the Best of' and really liked playing that, so I just had to get this.
This game is even better, good music and dance moves. A bit more difficult to learn than the other games, but that makes it better!
Over 40 songs and you can buy even more with your wii points if you like.
The just sweat part teaches you dance moves and work outs - you can choose which types of dancing you like most and learn the moves/ work outs.
I'd recommend this game to anybody who loves dancing!

4.0 out of 5 stars dance 4, 4 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
gd choice of songs & the shuffle play is best option , the work out isnt as gd as dance 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
Great fun for me - a bit too difficult for my 6 year old. Definately keeps you fit and a good variety of dances to get started with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a keep fit DVD and loads more fun, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
I love this game I wanted a keep fit DVD but didn't like the ones for sale so decided to buy this instead and I am so glad that I did not only has it got great music the dance moves can be easy if you want it too but it also has a great work out section as well I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Dance 4 - best yet!, 26 Oct 2012
L. Law (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this for my daughters birthday. We have Just Dance 1, 2 and 3 which we still play but with varying degrees of success. This latest edition has some great new tracks which we both love along with some older ones which she doesn't like so much. I haven't tried out all of the different modes yet but I would say that this seems to register the moves much better than previous versions, so less frustrating. Lots of good fun and exercise for all the family. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Dance 4, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
I pre-ordered Just Dance 4 and have used it three times over the past few days. My friend and I use it an hour a time for our primary workout at the moment and we love it. The Just Dance range is a lot of fun and when I was trying to reach my goal weight I lost around 4lbs a fortnight using the last game so I was looking forward to the new one.
The song selection on Just Dance 4 is probably not as varied as previous games, as there is a lot of chart music on this one, although it still includes some sillier routines, such as Time Warp, Never Gonna Give You Up, Istanbul and Rock Lobster which we especially enjoy. I've Had The Time Of My Life from Dirty Dancing is a really good routine, as it borrows some moves from the film, as well as mixing them with new ones. Overall, the dances are much more energetic and a little more difficult because they are not as repetitive as before, but you feel like you're getting a better workout with this one.
You can select a little avatar for your user profile and track your process a lot more accurately on this game with the Just Sweat mode. The graphics are stunning, and the videos/backgrounds are beautiful.
I'm really happy with Just Dance 4, and would recommend it to anyone else who's enjoyed the previous Just Dance games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of songs to dance and laugh to, 3 Jan 2013
Keith Farrar - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
All the family enjoyed this at Christmas and New Year. We had heard it was good and it lived up to expectations. The only disappointment was that Gangnam Style is an additional chargeable item it you want it. My daughter thought it was an extra that you could earn by reaching a certain level in the game.

1.0 out of 5 stars No "PSY Gangnam Style", this is not the UK version, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)

It is 43 songs, not 50 and has no "PSY Gangnam Style" on it.

Disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars advertising misleading, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Just Dance 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
This was advertised on telly with the gangnam dance on the disc.The only way you can get this dance is to have a wireless internet then pay to download it. The advertisment shown on TV shows people doing this dance.Nothing aboout having to spend more money. This was a christmas present for a child who was very upset that this was NOT on the disc

ARRAY(0xac20e6cc)

Just Dance 4 (Wii)
Just Dance 4 (Wii) by Ubisoft (Nintendo Wii)
19.99