5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I wanted but I liked it better...?...!
Don't anticipate lamps flying across rooms or spinning heads. Anticipate being scared though, even if your not the suspense will make the movie more fun for you :) cant argue with that!
It's a quiet movie from the point of view of one character throughout the movie. She investigates a house in search of her suddenly missing sister. There are some creepy moments but...
Published 15 months ago by Oh My Gaskarth!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good thriller
Not the best thriller ever made, but not a bad effort. The story is about a girls past, discovering hidden secrets in the house she has returned to since leaving as a child. In particular a room that she has no memory of. She also soon learns that she isn’t alone in the house. Quite creepy with a good twist.
Published 1 month ago by I. Pm Phillips

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Clcroft, 21 April 2013
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
I am an huge horror fan. While this film had it's moments, and was slightly original it still left me disappointed. Delivery was good though, turned up on time and in good condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars like other horror films, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
watched this and was waiting to be scare but was disappointed so would not go out of my way to watch it again

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this film, different from the usual, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
Really liked this film, was different to the usual of this kind and didn't unfold how I expected it to, wasn't predictable and kept me in suspence

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! I only buy films I highly rate!, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pact [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I went to see The Pact at the cinemas when it first came out. We read the synopsis and thought it sounded good. We came out of the cinema wanting to go for round 2! It was a brilliant film and really had you thinking the whole way through.

The best thing about this film was that it got going a few minutes into the film. It was far from a slow beginning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
'The pact' is a good film, I would recommend it to anyone, if you're looking for a 'scary' film to watch, then don't choose this one, I wouldn't exactly call it scary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping film, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pact [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this dvd for my husband for christmas,he had seen it advertised.We watched it in the xmas hols,its the sort of film i like,with no goriness in it,but with a sort of story,i did get a bit confused here and there and had to ask my husband who was who,but once i got the gist i enjoyed the film and watched it till the end.(a film as to be interesting to keep me watching till the end)

so all in all not bad film

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Terrifying, 18 Dec 2012
Robert Higgins (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pact [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you are a fan of ghost stories then I guarantee you this one will not disappoint. From the first to the last scene you will be scared to death, I did not expect this film at all, it's stylish, cool, has an original twist and is a cut above your typical hollywood horror. I would definately rate this somewhere in my top 5 most frightening films ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars must see horror, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Pact [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is one of the best horror film ever made! I thought only the Japanese & korean are capable making this type of horror movie. After watching this film, only 2 horror films I could think of that is better than THE PACT are EXORCIST & TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE. Lead actress Caity Lotz is quite brilliant, she is like a Jodie foster type of heroine. But the real star of the film is the house, the director is a real talent turning a ordinary one floor house into a real creepy place. Ignore the other negative reviews & see this film, it's a must see & a must own.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly a thrill ride, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
The Pact is a story about a woman who loses her mother and spends a large proportion of the film wandering round various apartments on her own. Sometimes spooky stuff happens, but sadly not much.

She just wanders around. Sometimes she talks to herself. Sometimes she phones a friend and leaves a voicemail message. Once she even spoke to her daughter via webcam. Every so often, something would go bump somewhere in her apartment. I think that was my cue to be scared. I wasn't.

Nice atmosphere and sense of foreboding dread - pity nothing much happened. It's like the first (duller) half of Paranormal Activity (1), only without the second exciting half added on to it.

Oh, and Starship Troopers' former poster boy Casper Van Dian is in it. And he looks waay too old to be in the mobile infantry and more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Sep 2014
Enjoyed.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

The Pact [Blu-ray]
The Pact [Blu-ray] by Nicholas McCarthy (Blu-ray - 2012)