5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but useful
Published on 7 Sep 2009 by P. Varley

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described
The 5 function version does NOT do average speed. About the only saving grace is that it cheap enough not to be worth bothering to send it back. Which is presumably what Amazon are counting on. Grrr.
Published on 31 July 2009 by Mark Ayliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but useful, 7 Sep 2009
P. Varley "Phil" (Cirencester Glos UK) - See all my reviews
Not radio controlled but then was not advertised as such so I was a little surprised to see this comment on other reviews. It's basic but then what do you expect for this price? It was very easy to fit and calibrate...you don't need a master's degree to set it up. No written instructions but again a 10 year old could follow the diagramatic instructions. All in all it gives me the basic functions i.e. speed, distance and time in the saddle which is all I need to know. If you want some 'space age' multi-purpose device be prepared to pay for it! I'm very happy with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh 5 function, 12 Oct 2009
D. Outar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Useful for telling journey time, current speed, distance covered. If I want to work out average speed for the journey the calculation is Distance/Time.

It has a cadence display to indicate acceleration and decelration which is useful if you use the bike for cardio training such as a fartlek routine.

The computer is easy to strap to the handle bars this is done using cable ties. Cable ties are also used to secure the sensor to the forks and the magnet simply screws on. The cable length supplied is ample for large frame racing cycles with long forks.

The actual programming of the computer is also easy and is explained. All you do is select wheel diameter then tyre width and press the corresponding buttons to set and save.

As with all cycle computers it can be removed when the cycle is parked up. It comfortably fits in the palm of your hand. The display is larg and very easy to read and operate.

The only function I would find as an improvment on this is as a backlight to use at night when I perfrom my cardio training on the way home from the gym, however for most users I don't think the lack of a backlight would be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars functional display, 8 Oct 2009
Once you've decided which wheel (front or back) and which side (left or right) attaching the cable to the frame in a neat way is the greatest challenge. That said, mine works fine. Although there are options, I leave my display on trip to see distance covered, current speed and whether or not this is faster than the trip average. After the ride, I can check time elapsed and reset ready to go again. I've no experience of other devices but this one was inexpensive and tells me what I need to know when I am riding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not wireless!, 22 May 2009
S. Towell (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this product after being told in the product description that it was wireless. Unfortunately it isn't. Nevertheless rather than complain i decided to install, which took a little while due too poor instructions. After all this though it is still a very good little computer, and tells me what i need too know; distance and speed. So if it hadn't been for the niggles it would have got 5.

It is value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than you might think, 17 July 2009
CA Wemyss (Buckingham UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst I don't disagree with the other two reviews it is one of the lowest cost units. Wireless would not be available at this cost.

Additionally, it has more than 5 functions. It also has a pair of arrows indicating whether you are speeding up or slowing down and a representation of a little man on a bicycle whose wheels flash depending on cadence.

Raleigh website is most unhelpful/uninformative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 31 July 2009
Mark Ayliffe (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working in 3weeks, 17 Oct 2009
Yes, I had done a total of 26miles ......and now it doesn't work. Total waste of money - buy a better one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 30 Aug 2013
Straight forward and easy fit,very simplistic basic instructions but seems accurate.For the money one of the best out there.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE BARGAIN, 23 May 2013
I brought this bike computer & wow what a bargain.
I've used it in all of the wet windy weather that the south west (uk) can throw at me.
The unit that I got was black & it matches the colour sceme of my bike.
I would recomend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bicycle computer, 21 Feb 2013
Disappointed with the screen when looking at your speed or mileage you have to look at it at a certain angle or the numbers are very faint, it looks as if the battery is getting low, I think I would look at a different brand.