4.0 out of 5 stars "Does what it says on the tin"
I wanted a simple gps in terms of front, middle, back of green distances and large numbers due to poor reading sight. Works a treat.
Also attraced by the lifetime membership and 10 courses credits and great overall value of the product.
Published on 2 Aug 2011 by Beller

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to use
Purchased this thinking it would be ideal for the golf course. Not easy to use, the instructions are not very good - in so far as it doesn't do what it says. Wish I had purchased something else !!
Published on 17 July 2012 by Sandra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars "Does what it says on the tin", 2 Aug 2011
Had some early difficulty understanding how to use the course download facility and finding where the courses had been downloaded to on my computer before transfering them to the product.....probably due to my basic computer skills! Contacted GoPlanet and they sent me an expanded user manual which really helped me. Have since successfully downloaded more courses....paid for through Pay Pal. Quick and easy to do. Very pleased with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to use, 17 July 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Course Downloads, 8 Dec 2011
Downloads to the Mars 100 are a complete nightmare, once you have purchased the courses you just cannot put them on the device!! I cant use the thing and i've had it for 8 weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget, 17 April 2012
I should have known when the instruction booklet gave me the wrong web address at the start! After many hours and trying to speak to a Taiwanese voice mail system I gave up and Amazon took over by refunding me in total. Great job Amazon and that is why I always come back to Amazon to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Constant backlight battery drain despite override function., 19 Mar 2012
Such a shame as the device is really quite nicely put together but unfortunately there is a major and fundamental flaw. The backlight stays on for far too long. The goplanet web site FAQs state that the backlight will go off after 1 minute of inactivity and will wake when a button is pressed. It also says that it will auto power-off after 30 mins requiring you to power it back up again. Actually, both settings are adjusted via an on-screen manual slider bar but the briefest period you can set the backlight to be on for is actually 10 minutes. As you are required to advance the device manually for each hole you invariably have to press the advance button which therefore wakes the screen if it had gone off and so re-sets the 10 minute timer. As each hole takes at least 10 mins you are committed to 180 mins (18 holes x 10 mins) as a minimum of backlight display when in truth you'd probabaly only need to read the screen for 20 mins per round in total. Such a waste of battery life. I got less than 4 hours. No mention of this in the manual and so far no response from their support team.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy golfer, 18 Jan 2012
bought this because a] it was cheap! cheaper than similar types i have seen my golfing buddies use,b] the large numbers on the screen was the main reason for this purchase,have not used it to any great extent because of the weather, i needed to return the unit because the battery was faulty, please to say that it was returned in a week with all my downloads saved,as a senior i am finding that it is a chore to download the course's selected, not a very straight forward process,that said a phone call which is answered straight away,enable me to talk to a human who walked me through the menu, my contact with the supplier was a pleasant experience, it would be an improvement for the clip to be stronger, i think it needs to be able to clip to your golf bag rather than on your belt, for ease of use, by hey it was a cheap buy, so no complaints,if you want a gadget that tells you the yardage in a clear easy to read manner, this is the one.

3.0 out of 5 stars faults, 6 Jan 2011
I think or hope i was just unlucky and it was just faulty but charger just went pop after 10 min and would not charge then after 1 day the gps would not switch on when it did work it seemed ok so waiting on replacement which was told would be here on 29/12 this now 5/1 and still not here but when it does arrive I hope will be ok

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this one..., 3 Jan 2011
We bought this for my brother for his birthday. He has registered but it does not seem to pick up any uk courses which seems abit ridiculous if it is being marketed in the uk. We have sent a query to them directly but have yet to hear from them....seems abit random if they dont and also a waste of alot of money as he only goes abroad to play golf about once a yeAR!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Mars100 Golf GPS, 11 May 2014
I regret having purchased this device and would NOT recommend it to anyone - The supplier has no european agent and you have to contact korea to resolve any issues and they do 'not' answer the phone or reply to my emails. It is also, virtually impossible to sell on as you cannot change the registered account details. AVOID THIS ITEM AT ALL COST

2.0 out of 5 stars Upload Problem, 13 Mar 2013
I have had the unit about a year, and it performed fine to start with where I uploaded 4 course to it. However, I have tried to upload a new course recently and it won't do it. I get an error message as follow:'

‘Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.’

I have sent three emails to the vendor over a period of two weeks and have not had a reply.
If I can't get a fix, it will mean that the unit is useless for adding new courses.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›