5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting games aren't for me... But....
Fighting games generally bore the s*** out of me, I can never react quick enough, I can't pull off the trickiest combos and I become instantly frustrated at my complete ineptitude to win online in this type of game.

It is with complete surprise then that I have found one of my personal games of the year - Injustice: Gods Among Us.

If you are like me...
Published on 19 April 2013 by Phil

3.0 out of 5 stars Beating for Godot
Published 6 months ago by Sam Tyler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting games aren't for me... But...., 19 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

If you are like me do not be put off by Injustice; this is an accessible fighter for newcomers and hardcore players.
With an impressive storyline (yes...a fighting game with a great storyline) and a great roster of characters ranging from Hawkgirl to Aquaman this game is an absolute dream for DC fans.

The gameplay is fast and exhilarating; pulling off a long combo and following up with your devastating finishing move is hugely satisfying. Injustice has an impressive roster as I already touched on; perhaps more impressive is the feel of each of the fighters, everyone feels unique and equally powerful. Sinestro and Green Lantern may be of the same mould, but feel well realised and distinctly powerful in their own ways.

How can the joker match Superman in a fist fight? These questions are answered in the storyline but I still can't quite take it seriously when I see Harley Quinn smash Doomsday through a building... This did kind of take me out of the experience but it is not by any means a deal breaker.

The character models are excellent, with exception of Wonder-woman who looks like she may be a cross dresser, but generally the look of the game is of a quality standard.
Another minor drawback is the fact there is one singular finishing move per fighter, this is by no means a major complaint but given there is no fatalities like in MK I feel they could have perhaps fitted in a couple per fighter.

I should also point out that the destructible items in the arenas are only useable to certain characters creating slight balance issues especially in online mode. Whilst Superman may throw a massive bat signal at the Flash doing massive damage, the Flash may simply kick himself off it in a springboard like attempt to dodge any oncoming attacks - I'm sure this can be overcome with practice but noobs will find this aspect fairly frustrating.

All in all Injustice: Gods Among Us is an expertly crafted love letter to fans of DC and the fighting genre in general.

9/10 - Epic

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun All in All, 22 April 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
All in all, I think it's a great game. I think the nicest thing, honestly, is the feeling of playing with the DC characters in their own, and well-rounded, fighting game, which I think was kind of lacking in the gaming scene (MK vs DC was the only thing around, but clearly not a DC characters-only game). For anyone who enjoys the DC characters, or simply comics for that matter, and fighting games, I think this is a big plus in itself.

In terms of gameplay and mechanics, it isn't a lot different from MK9, but it has its own elements. The multi-tiered scenarios and the ability to pick up objects and use them during the fight - whereas some say that there isn't a whole lot of novelty there - do bring a good range of extra options in terms of gameplay. Having never played another fighting game that has brought this type of mechanic to the table, I have to say I still struggle at times to take full advantage of those elements, and mix them up with the normal combos as part of my strategy. It's certainly interesting to play around with it and come up with nice sequences that you have to decide on the spot, and adds extra elements for you to mind from your opponent. If you're coming from the Street Fighter - and similar - series, like myself, you might find a bit harder to pull off combos and get used to some of the controls. But that doesn't take the fun away.

The game modes available are more than enough to keep you entertained for a good while. Not only you have a normal battle mode, where you simply battle a bunch of opponents in a sequence, with increasing difficulty, but you can also play single fights at different difficulty levels, which to me, serves as a bit of practice, say if you want to "study" more the gameplay of a given character. The "survival" mode - or whatever it's called - where the life you retain from one fight is carried over to the next, and so on, is a fun addition there. The difficulties are on the sweet spot, but I do feel that some characters are considerable harder to beat than others when comparing them against the same difficulty level (Aries is an example of that).

The story isn't great - in my opinion anyway - but it's good enough to keep you going. Considering that the creators had to mix up characters which are so different in terms of power level and story-lines, you can't throw away the effort that's been put on pulling off the story mode, and it did work out well.

The graphics are really great, and the overall art too. Characters and scenarios are very detailed, and the characters movements, in particular, I'd say have been greatly modelled. There are way too much Batman-related scenarios though (3, 4, I think?), but then, I'm not sure what other options were available to the art team for that matter (which would fit into the story, I mean).

So, if you like fighting games, DC, comics, or any combination of those, I'd say it's worth getting this game. If you're a big fan of DC or fighting games, you'd probably want to get it right now! If not, I think you can afford delaying on that a bit until the price lowers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game - No Mortal Kombat feeling.., 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game is a lot of fun and also great to be back playing with your favourite DC superheros such as Batman, Superman, Lex luthor etc. I would recommend highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beating for Godot, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Wouldn’t it be cool if Gods walked among us? They could heal our ills and hand out alms willy-nilly. However, after playing ‘Injustice: Gods Among Us’, I think these supernatural beings are more likely to pick a fight amongst one another and start tearing up the neighbourhood. You see, ‘Injustice’ is a fighting game akin to ‘Street Fighter 2’ that builds upon the earlier ‘Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe’, but this time keeps it within the DC family. Anyone who knows comics will be aware of the big DC heroes; Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman etc. But these people are also very aware that the slate soon starts to dry out; Shazam etc. To boost the ranks, ‘Injustice’ has many of the DC universe’s villains too e.g. The Joker, Lex Luther, but once again the line-up is pretty shallow.

Despite some of the characters being a little ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘why’, there are enough characters you will know to get on with the game. At the core it is a standard one-versus-one fighter that can be played in a single player campaign or versus (on or offline). The story mode is surprisingly fun and pure hokum, but does pit various characters against one another in a cinematic fashion. It is certainly worth playing through once to see what happens when world’s collided.

The main bread and butter of any fighting game is the mechanics in versus and here ‘Injustice’ is solid, but not spectacular. The game looks lovely and plays smoothly locally. It is the slight lack of moves and poor character weighting that is an issue. Play online against any of the veteran players and you will likely come across the same one or two character types using the same one or two moves. This is because the game is quite easy to break by forcing repetitive moves. This is a no-no in any fighter game. If you play against a pro they will abuse the game and you.

Therefore, to get the most out of ‘Injustice’ it is best played with friends. Here the game is good fun, without ever reaching the heights of the really great fighters. The world of DC is interesting enough and the game looks really pretty in places – especially when you manage to fire a friend into a different layer of the level. It is one of the most solid fighters of recent years, but as there have been so few, this is not a boon. In the grand scheme, it is a solid fighter, but not a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justice for Injustice, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Injustice Gods Among Us was not what I had expected. I had watched a few YouTube videos about the game and they all looked amazing. Then the game arrived (at a reasonable time) and I played it. The YouTube videos were nothing compared to you actually playing the game. I loved it. The flow of each character is amazing. The graphics are amazing. The design is amazing.

I gave it 5 stars because how much I still play it now. Normally, most games I play I get bored with after a month or two. This game is still keeping me highly entertained.

I would recommend this game to all my friends. It is really good.# and I know they would love it too. Mortal Kombat was a great game, but Injustice kicked its butt.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen would be a Story Mode from the Bad Guys point of view. It would be a great contrast if this was included

In general, the game was perfect and that's why it has 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best superhero beat em-ups on the market., 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I love this game. Not only does it feature a legion of DC superheroes and villans but there is also so much DLC you'll keep coming back to this game. The plot is quite simple, alternate reality Batman recruits regular reality superheroes to deal with alternate reality Superman who has gone a bit nuts after the death of Lois Lane at the hands of the Joker and turned the world into a dystopian nightmare with himself as supreme ruler. Game play is a simple beat em'up but with the addition of visually stunning power movies and arena transitions (in other words, you can literally knock you're opponent out of one arena and into another). There's also "S.T.A.R. labs", essentially a group of challenge missions for each character which take the game away from being a mere beat em'up (some resemble more of a side scrolling flight simulator, or shooting targets by correctly inputting the right button combination). DLC for the game includes new characters; Zod, Scorpion, Batgirl, Lobo, Martian Manhunter and Zatanna, plus an endless array of new character skins from the New 52, Red Son, and much more. A very worth while purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Injustice: Gods Among Us is an exciting, unique-feeling fighter, 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat? From the indomitable DC Comics and the makers of the definitive fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat comes Injustice: Gods Among Us, a bold fighting game featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is an exciting, unique-feeling fighter at the beginner level, and a deeper, more interesting one at the advanced level. Story mode is a pleasant surprise, but the real reason to play is the thrill of harnessing the god-like powers of some of the most overwhelming figures in the comic realm. Ultimate Edition on PS4 and PC is the best-looking, most complete version you can buy right now, but if you already own Injustice on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, there isn’t much reason to upgrade, especially if you already bought the DLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must play, Good story., 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Me and my girlfriend spent hours on end trying to kick each others asses in this game, very much fun and well made. Multiplayer is even more competitive and exciting but if you havent master the character you are on you can almost forget defeating people in online battles, most of them are really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit a match for Mortal Kombat 9, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. I just stumbled across the demo one day, having never heard of it. The graphics and animations are to a very good standard. The backgrounds are imaginative and interactive. The controls are simple and intuitive with similarities to Mortal Kombat (but Injustice is very much its own game.) Pretty much all of the superheroes and villains from the DC universe are there and the single player story mode is outstanding The voice acting is to a professional standard and the unfolding drama in the cutscenes helps provide context to the battles. This game does nothing pretty original but you weren't expecting it to, were you? Everything it sets out to do, it does brilliantly and it is very addictive with huge replay value. This game is every bit a match for Mortal Kombat 9.

3.0 out of 5 stars injustice, 4 July 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
hello I am just saying to you guys who want buy the game and just beware on the disk it an American disk so if you have a English xbox 360 it will not paly . I had 3 now of them and I had to send them back

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Xbox 360)