4.0 out of 5 stars Not bored of the rings
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by R. J. Lomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but not my favourite lego game.
I absolutely love the series of lego games, and whilst I have not played all of them, those I have I rate very highly. This game is also a lot of fun, but I am not enjoying nearly as much as I have enjoyed the others. I am well into the Two Towers and I hope that I will grow to love this game more as I continue.
A friend of mine who is a huge fan of LOTR has also...
Published 21 months ago by Kate

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bored of the rings, 25 Nov. 2012
R. J. Lomas "nekosensei" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I'm only a few hours into this game but I thought I'd write a mini review for the page. I have played other Lego titles, my previous favourite being Lego batman 2, it was nice to have the characters finally talking and the glitches from previous games had been sorted out. I always feel that this brand of games puts fun at the heart of the game play,if you run out of life you regen on the spot and you even retain studs etc that you've collected up to that point. Lego take all that we know and love and put it into the LOTR universe. I wasn't a huge batman expert but it didn't stop me enjoying the game a lot especially because the colourful superhero universe lent itself perfectly to the graphics. Now it's a little hard to translate Peter Jacksons cinematographic vision and the beauty of New Zealand onto the 3ds but the settings are lovely and full of whimsy, the only slight niggle is that I find the woodland and countryside bits look quite samey and boring. The character design is nice though and the cut scenes full of that glorious Lego humour. Die hard fans may be outraged by the liberties but that should be soothed by genuine voice acting and the glorious sweeping soundtrack that is really lovely to play to. The gameplay dynamic changes slightly from previous titles in that you don't get a "base camp" as such but rather a few key places, accessible using the map on the lower screen, that have portals to the sections of the game for free play etc. the other thing is, that, instead of finding mini kits, you do little quests and uncover items that characters in the key places (like Elrond in Rivendell) are collecting, when you give them a certain number you get the red blocks. (As Lego diehards know, these are the key to stud multiplying and, eventually, invincibility!) Load times are sometimes a bit lengthy but if, like me, you get hypnotised by the one ring spinning in 3d it"s not a problem. It's such good fun playing through the films, Tom Bombadil's even in it! My one big sadness so far is that Gladriel and Arwen are not playable characters so far, I haven't even seen Arwen and I'm well into the Two Towers section, I'm holding out hopes that Eowyn is going to prevent this game from being a men only event, like I said though, I'm not all the way through yet. So, to summarise, it's more of what us Lego fans love, smashing things to pieces, solving puzzles and unlocking characters to replay levels with new abilities, this time it's set to LOTR and it doesn't dissapoint giving the game an epic feel on a Lego stage, if you're a Lego games fan and a LOTR fan you can't go wrong, if not, you'll just enjoy it cos it's fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best Lego game since the Star Wars saga!, 23 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Lego: Lord Of The Rings is the only game which covers the complete trilogy of these epic films. You get to play as all your favourite characters which are as follows: Frodo the Hobbit, Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, Sam, Merry and Pippin. The voice acting is taken from the films theselves which is most impressive. There are many powerful weapons that you get to wield, in this action packed adventure. I love the lego style humour and the graphics are the best I've seen in a lego game so far. The puzzles are very inventive and each character has their own skill, for solving many of the puzzles. I've always thought one of the best things about the Lego games is that they can be enjoyed by 6 year olds up to 60+ years of age. For the skilled gamers it's about unlocking 100% of the contents, by finding all the hidden areas and playing through the levels again with different characters. I have the desire to watch all three Lord Of The Rings films again now, after playing this game and it really is a must have game for fans of Lego games or the films.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but not my favourite lego game., 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
A friend of mine who is a huge fan of LOTR has also played this game and he thinks it is the best in the lego series and a must own for LOTR fans. I agree that it is a great game, but it's just not my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars My boys love this game, 29 April 2013
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
My boys loved this game. Lego games are great for all ages and ability with options to do various amounts of the game. My youngest who is four enjoyed the walking around collecting coins where as my eldest enjoys working out all the challenges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
well worth the money A1service

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
grandson loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular game, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
For fans of LEGO, this kind of games using films as backround are great, especially for Nintendo DS!
I strongly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars lego lord of the rings, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
i have purchased it as present for my nephew. he seems to be enjoying it very much . thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
My son is enjoying the game very much. He likes the characters, the story and the graphics. He recommends it!

LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo 3DS) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Nintendo 3DS)