on 22 July 2013
Let me start by saying "let's be fair" you can not expect the same performance that you would get from a 3D camcorder costing five or six hundred pounds, For quick 3D shooting this gives clear pictures and is fun to use, the zoom being Digital and not optical is not a great one and when possible I try to avoid using it as results are disappointing.
I have given 5 stars as I feel for a (I will not say cheap as I feel this signifies shoddy goods) an inexpensive camcorder this is worth the money, of course it has limitations, no image stabilizer or manual control but to finish I repeat my opening comment you can not in fairness expect to much for the modest price, a fun camera.
on 19 May 2013
Decent quality and was one of the few cameras that allows you to plug in an external microphone. We had another camera before this and the audio was awful and you couldn't plug in an external mic. For the money it's got a lot going for it.
on 18 February 2016
For the price its a great camera, fits well in the hand, is of surprisingly good build quality and takes good 3D and 2D footage, the sense of depth is excellent however if you compare it to the Viewsonic it appears that recording in 3D only takes place at 720P per side, I cannot confirm this but I brought both cameras to test them. The Toshiba has a touch screen, the viewsonic doesn't, the screen is better as in brighter on the Toshiba and sense of depth good but not as 3D as the Viewsonic as the two lens are closer together. The real difference is that the Viewsonic quite clearly records 1080P on both sides and is considerably sharper. The colours are slightly more vivid on the Toshiba but hardly any noticeable difference.
I recorded footage from both cameras onto standard SD cards and transferred onto the computer for playback through my 3D projector. The results were great from both Cameras and if it wasn't for the Viewsonic having overall a better sense of depth and much sharper resolution; which is also evident through its viewfinder, it was a hard call to which one to keep now but i'm going for the Viewsonic, even though its not touch screen and the build quality isn't up to par, ultimately you buy a Cam for quality recording and its such a shame as the Toshiba fits better in your hand and has so much going for it. Still would highly recommend it but image quality in 3D lets it down.
on 27 April 2014
I bought this device from Argos and I am pleased will the camera overall. The packaging is nice both inside and out. The camera itself takes good videos and decent still. I love the microphone input. Only downside is the fact that it is fixed focus, but this is ok if not doing close-ups
on 4 April 2015
Good camera, nicely finished. just do not use any zoom, the picture will get very bad.
Zoom is not analogue but only digital and you will lose a lot of picture quality.
Further for the money you spent it's well worth a camera.
on 9 September 2013
I bought this camcorder from amazon at the price of 144.99 and at first it was good but in under 3 months the product fails this is where it went wrong I tried to get the item replaced as all electrical items have a minimum period of warranty a year I believe but if items fail here beware all as amazon will not help Toshiba will not help and the seller says its down to Toshiba so think carefully about this product as if it goes wrong you will be left with a very expensive waste of money will be going to the office of fair trading with this one
on 4 April 2015
OK, but doesn't output FHD 3D, only half width side by side
on 12 June 2015
Top camera for the money..
on 18 December 2014
Very nice full 3D & HD
on 3 January 2016
From cash converters second hand did not work load of crap