5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the collector's library, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Precious & Rare Collection: Ethel Ennis - Complete 1955-1958 (Audio CD)
Producer Gilles Petard and writer Alain Tomas "get" this relatively unknown American singer who's still performing at 80. Long acknowledged as one of the great singers of her generation and a hidden gem in the jazz tradition, Ethel still shines.

5.0 out of 5 stars I expect the same excellent quality from the ENNIS set, 3 Aug 2014
A. Flynt (detroit, mi) - See all my reviews
I hope this not premature! I have not received this item yet. I have based this comment on my purchase of the EARNESTINE ANDERSON set from the same label company. Both the liner note booklet and the remastered CDs' were superlative! I expect the same excellent quality from the ENNIS set. I have several ENNIS albums (including 2 already on this set) from her stay at RCA.but the unreleased tracks are what got my attention. Heck I even have the sealed 'Once Again' RCA cd that I have yet to open. For me Ethel (like Ella Fitzgerald) sings without strong ethnic inflections that is a treat for my ears. Her style and vocal timbre are probably much different 50 years later (I do not have any of her present work by choice). I am very pleased that this import label is devoting time and money for this unsung group of 'Sepia Sirens'!

c